basal temp tips and tricks

yourstruly10

Reaction score
Hello ladies.

I hope I'm ok to ask this here.
This will be my first month tracking my basal temp. First things first tomorrow will be day 8 in my cycle. Is it to late to start? I realize it can take a few months for a pattern to show but do I have to wait until day 1 now? I'm using fertility friend also.
I guess any tips you have would be greatly appreciated.
Also I sleep with my window open even on cool nights. Should I stop and make my house the same temp each night?

Sorry for rambling.

Thank you all for reading and lots of baby dust to you.

FF is the way to go for sure. I don't think any day is really "too late", but it'd be great if you start now and catch your O temp hike.

I have a thermometer that saves my temp so I don't have to turn on lights/be conscious in the morning. I have an alarm that I hit, blindly grab the thermometer, shove it in my mouth and when it beeps, I throw it back on my nightstand, roll over, and go back to sleep. Then when I really wake up, I record the number that was saved.

I'm not familiar with how much the environment temperature will affect your BBT. If you sleep best with an open window, stick with that, and then see if you have clear data after a cycle. If it isn't, then you might consider closing the window.

It's easier than I expected and satisfying to record those numbers! I hope it gives us some clear data. Best of luck to you!

If you do the same thing every day should be OK if my son hijacks my bed at night his body warmth makes my temp go up but only slightly. Just make sure if you do it at a different time use a bbt temp calculator as it does change at different times. Gl x

I started on day 15 I think it was temping so don't worry about that you will soon start to build patterns up and recognise , just next mth you will see your day 8 onward pattern rather than before hand!

My bbt thermometer doesn't light up and does t store so it's a pain in the bum that I have to actually record it right away !

Where's the bbt temp calculater Ms sunshine? That sounds a great idea

Thank you for all the replies.
So if I took my temp at 530 (when I woke up)yesterday but woke up this morning at 4 and took it do I need to adjust it?

I don't find entering right away to be a problem. My phone sits beside the bed and lights up enough to show the temp on the thermometer.

I found that temping vaginally was the most reliable. Obviously with that you would wait til AF is over with.

I found a website that does the BBT calculator for you if you take your temp later/earlier than usual. Google Basal Body Temperature Adjuster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->