Bath time question

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
I was just reading wobbles thread on bathing babies and it got me thinking about something that happened last week. So a quick question for you girls.
What age did you take your baby out of their bath seat?? If you havent taken then out yet what age do you intend to do it ?? I took Dec out of his at about 6-7 months because he didnt like it so he just gets into the bath on his own, but my sis thought it was an accident waiting to happen, she still has her 2 1/2 year old in a seat. I only took Dec out because he HATED it and he loves being able to swim freely in the bath :rofl:

not sure when we'll take Hannah out but I know it will be before she's 2.5 :lol:

we dont have a bath seat yet maddi's still in her baby bath with us holding her :)

I dont use the baby bath just yet ! I usually take my shower then chill out with max in the bath he moves way too much to be in the bath seat

So ill take my bath with him until he starts asking too many questions lol

Are you talking about the baby bath tub? I just recently took Colton out of his. He was waaay to big, but I was hesitant and wanted to get one of those seats that they sit up in (and suction cup to the bottom of the tub). However, he spent the night at my mothers last week and she gave him a bath just sitting up (he can sit unsupported REALLY well), and so I've just been letting him get in with only a few inches of water this week. I'm still going to buy the suction cup seat just for the added security for the next couple of months. I have been sooo nervous keeping him in nothing. Especially when he tries to reach for his toys! :( Or tries to grab the edge of the tub and pull himself up!
He def wont be in one at 2.5yrs old though! Thats outrageous! I cannot believe her child tolerates it! ROFL. I figured once they could walk they would fight anything like that. :p

i took emma out of the bath seat about a month ago i just found it easier to bath her with her init so she didnt slip but now shes fine without it.

I only had a bath seat with my middle one because it meant I could have my hands free to bath my eldest at the same time, my eldest and my youngest have never had one, I've always found sitting at the side of the bath is safety enough, you can soon have your hands on them.

Gemma x

We used a newborn bath tub a couple times, but it didn't work for us. Erica hated it. So I used to get in the bath with her for every bath. Now that he can sit, she loves being in her ducky bath, and I feel safe with her in it. It lets her move independently, but is still safe.

We don't have a bath seat, I just sit by the side of the bath ready to grab Aaron if necessary, whether he's lying down or sitting up. Now that he's moving around so much more I might have to get a non-slip bath mat though.

2 and a half in a seat! eek We had my youngest stepson in the bath freely from just under a year but had a bath mat to stop him slipping too much.

Never used a bath seat. Tried it once and found it a total pain in the bum. The children like to splash about anyway. We've got non-slip bath mats and they're fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->