bathing with your children

I just had a bath with her yesterday :D We were both freezing from being out shopping so we had a quick dunk. She loved it! I've also had her in the shower with me 3 times and she really enjoyed it. There will lots more to come ;)

I don't think bathing with your baby is weird, I think bathing with a child would just be cramped. Not a fan of baths anyway TBH. Sitting in your own dirt, fun! :rofl:
I am not a bath person either... I have to clean a tub about 20 times when I move into a new place before I will even have a have... I like showers...

I have only had one bath with Alexa, she loved the fact that I was in the tubby with her. I have had two showers with her, and she loves that too :)

I'M SOOO THE SAME! I hate living with people because their funk is also in my bath
. When we moved in this house I didn't want to think about the people that had used that tub.. and it was green with limescale (sp?) eww..
luckily we replaced everything so it's all white and brand spankin new (and before we moved it ;) )

I've had one bath with Colton, and it felt cramped + I dont like baths. I have had a few showers with him though, before we moved out on our own. Now we need a new shower head as our water pressure is too hard to take him in teh shower.

haha glad it's not only me :) Yeah I don't mind it so much since it's just my OH and I using the tub, but the fact that there were people who lived here before using it, disgusts me :lol: Luckily though, I just found out toilet and tub were brand new in our new place-Thank God lol... Oh, I also have the same problem with public swimming pools :rofl:

Mia hates getting a bath on her own but loves getting a bath with me though I wouldnt do it alone only if OH is here so can lift her in & out.

Mia hates getting a bath on her own but loves getting a bath with me though I wouldnt do it alone only if OH is here so can lift her in & out.

I'm the same, I've bathed with Joseph a few times but I couldn't do it on my own, I'd be paranoid that I would drop him or something, so OH sits in the bathroom with us! Joseph loves baths with or without me, he even likes having his hair washed!

i am leaving bathtime to be daddy time. DH gives the dog his baths and he actually does bring the dog in the shower with him :o i thought he was crazy but he said it is easier that way lol. i know, not the same thing as a BABY but who knows, maybe he will do the same with the baby :lol:

I don't know if I would. Makes sense and seems like the natural way to do things.. but I'd be worried about not having enough 'control' bathing her, would worry about dropping her, or having the water too hot.. I like HOT baths.. and I don't have much support at home in some areas, such as this.. so I'd get into the bath and get stuck in there with baby LOL unable to get up.

Kayleigh got so worked up about baths during the first weeks that I would have hubby hand her to me in the shower and we'd hose her down. We tried a bath with me and she wasn't too keen the first time.

However, the next time, Daddy held her at the lower end of the tub while I was in the bath and she loved that. So, bath time is family time now. Mum gets in and gets the water a warm temp, Daddy undresses and brings her in and we give her a bath together. Daddy outside the tub and Mummy inside with her. The last time was the first time that we have heard her really laugh and giggle and she was so relaxed with Daddy holding her.

To be honest, we only do it this way as it's the easiest for us - either shower or bath with us as she really hates her bath. We'll probably try it again as she's older now and hope she'll do it okay.

Im the same as Tasha41 I think-maybe its because we havent had our babies yet and everyone else thats posted has babies!

I never had a bath with my mum or dad, and I was taught that sharing a bath with your siblings was wrong in some way-even though we are only 18 months apart.

I dont know if Id feel comfortable sharing a bath with my baby if im completly honest. . .Id be sooooooo frightend of dropping him/her for a start as they're so slippery when they're wet!! Hopefully Ill feel different after the birth though. . .or ill be encouraging my OH to share the tub with him/her!! :blush:

Wouldnt be something Id share with others though-my family was horrified when I said I planned to breast feed!!! :dohh:

We take showers with Noah alot. Both my husband and I. We love it. I think it's a natural thing to do. :D

I've only bathed her on her own so far. But when she's abit older I'm definately going to put her in with me. :)

Luke loves having baths with Jacob i havent had one with him yet it is their thing! x

we don't share baths with elliot, but its mainly because he gets too slippery and i'm scared of dropping him or the water being too hot, besides i like my bubble bath too and babies cant have that. ive been having more showers lately, and i cant wash with a baby in my arms.

when hes big enough for the bath (curently use baby bath) i'll get him a seat to sit in, so he doesn't slide down.

keely.

I've not had a bath with Jack yet, but Jon has and i help.

We've never had a bath with C and T, there just isn't the space for two babies and one or both of us in there!

We've fairly recently taken to having showers with them some mornings and they love that as the shower is huge and they can run in and out of it.

DH showers with them as much I as I do and frankly if anyone thinks it's weird they can bog right off! LOL!

I would love to bath with Rihanna, but can't get her out and wrapped before I get out and as I have no OH , noone to help me.

but defo when she can sit up on her own..... sure it will be fun and no nothing wierd about it, we're their parents. :)

x

it is very rare that i get a bath on my own!! ive always got one of them in with me and more often than not both of them!!

nicole would only ever go in the bath with her dad when she was a baby, obviously when she got to a certain age we stopped that.

I voted no not because it's too weird but because most of the time Joseph hates being in the bath so I've got to quickly wash him before the screaming starts!

I voted no not because it's too weird but because most of the time Joseph hates being in the bath so I've got to quickly wash him before the screaming starts!

Ryan used to hate being in the bath, and he would scream like I was trying to drown him! I had him in the bath with me once, with oh playing with bath toys with him. He was clingy to start with, but after about 10 minutes he was crawling off down the other end of the bath, barely even noticing me. Since that one time bathing with him, he's fine going in on his own - he'll cry when he has to get out instead! x

i really want a bath with archie but my bits still arnt healed properly and i gets scared the water will be to dirty for him x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->