Bathroom colour ideas

mummylove

Reaction score
I am going to start decorating our house, and is going to start with the bathroom and down stairs toilet, which will be the same colour. I am really stuck what sort of colour to do. Our bathroom isnt big, so dont want a dark colour as the colour will bounce of each other. I want a lightish colour. I was thinking like a lightish coffee colour, but im useless at this sort of thing. So was just wondering what colour u have, or what would be a good colour for a small bathroom?

Thanks

Do you have towels currently or will you be buying new ones? Xx

We have red towels but will be buying new when all decorating is done

See I often choose accessories or something first that I love and then pick colour schemes after.
So I have my eye on a striped bath mat and would use one of the colours from that to decorate.
Do you have any tiles and what colour are they?
Existing flooring?
I've had sea urchin blue (light teal) with grey iridescent mosaic tiles, dark teal and grey towels. Pale shell accessories.
Was going to do burnt orange and grey but couldn't find the right shade.
I like the neautal/natural themes for a bathroom, and Scandinavian colours seaside/beach hut theme but not too twee.
Xx

My bathroom is just cream, then I have light pink mat, accessories, towels

We have a light coffee colour in ours with teal towels

Ours is a light blue called waterfall on the walls and as is the style of ex council houses round here it's half wall half wooden panelling right around the room and bath and tiles over the bath. The wood panelling used to be brown but then I got creative and painted it a colour called platinum but it was a grey blue tinge colour they are gorgeous together and with me painting the panelling around the bath also it gives it a seaside retreat feel.
FYI these were homebase home of colour bathroom paints 👌

I have just done mine, we have a small bathroom so I went for white matt tile with a black/grey mosaic boarder and the flooring is a grey Lino that looks like black slate

All towels and accessories are grey/chrome

My bathroom is very small so I painted it white and just accessorised it with a seaside theme.
It was light blue when I moved in (but a really horrid shade), and I thought a light brown/coffee colour would look nicer but literally within about a week of painting it I'd gone over it again with white. It just made the room so heavy and depressing, I actually hated going in my bathroom. The only downside with the white is that the day after painting Lucas decided it needed "colouring in" with some felt tip pens :dohh:

The lighter the colour the more open it will feel, dark colours literally absorb the light and make the room darker and make it feel smaller.

In our old house we had a small bathroom but it was light and airy. We had a white suite, large white tiles with occasional tile that had a small grey and silver (eg matt and shiny) design. The floor was a pale grey, again large tiles. We could then use accessories to add colour and easily change the colour scheme, I just went with lots of brights - fuschia toothbrush holder, lime green baskets etc. We had charcoal grey towels and floor mats.

Our new house we're about to do the bathroom. Hubby fancied beige/coffee colour but we ruled it out because it's quite fashionable at the moment and we think it looks good, but we're worried it'll date quickly and is about to become the 21st century equivalent of the 70s avocado green bathrooms. He now wants black and red, I would like white base colour with lots of different colours and patterns in the tiles, an eclectic rainbow bathroom...... our tastes do not mesh well lol

I've always liked 'sea' colours for bathrooms. Maybe light turquoise walls with a slightly darker turquoise, blue and silver accessories?

my bathrooms all neutrals. I hate it, makes me feel like it's a motel room bathroom.

One of my cousins did a really nice shade of lavendar, and offset it with lots of bright white. Looked gorgeous. Personally, I'm a fan of beach themed bathrooms - so I'd do something like a very light brown (with lots of aqua and blues) or lighter sea green kind of color with light brown, white and maybe a bit of green.

https://design-seeds.com/ <--- great site for finding color combo ideas.

Our old bathroom was light grey and it was really nice, opened the room up.

Mine is Dulux Summer Medley 1 which is a turquoise

In ours one wall is teal and the others cream, our suite is white and we have a laminate floor. Our towels are teal and grey. It's not great tbh but we can't afford a new bathroom

Our walls and tiles are neutrals - creams and beiges. Accessories are purples and it looks really nice

We have just decorate our bathroom. We painted the walls 'Aqua blue', like a light turquoise colour and we have a white suite. The floor is lino that looks like different shades of brown wooden boards, kind of beachy. I then have cream and aqua acsessories! x

My current bathroom is completely tiled, i like it as its easy to clean and keep clean, but looks so boring, im glad i dont have a bath as i dont feel id be able to actually relax, it feels so cold.
In the house we are moving into next, we will be painting everything, im thinking duck egg (greyish blue) but idk wether bathroom, bedroom, or hallways for that.
I personally hate blue bathrooms, its just so 'bathroom' i know that doesnt make sense, but it reminds me of older people, its just so normal to have a blue bathroom because it represents water, but personally i hate it im thinking something plain, then can have any colour towels and accessories

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->