Baths

sarah_george

♥Proud Mummy!♥
Reaction score
I doubt i'm the only one doing this but i'm having long soaks everyday in a nice hot bath, I have done this ever since i went on maternity and its a god send at getting rid of the days aches and pains (whichever ones decide to strike on any particular day!) anyways, do we all think this is a help or a hinder to getting labour started? ive been sneaking in clary sage the last 2 weeks but thats not done much (i did like the smell until someone mentioned it smells like tea-bags :rofl: )

I love a bath, its amazing how much better you feel.....MW is totally against clary sage, she said its really not good for you when pregnant but then another MW recommends it...doesnt make sense but they say women use it when they want to miss a period :S

my oh comes to check on me when i'm in the bath sometimes, because i have been in there for soooooo long, just keep topping up the hot water lol

Yip im with u, im in the bath at least twice a day now and have done for a while. As for the clary, ive been using it and its done nothing for me, waste of money imo and it defo does smell like tea bags lol!

Ive stopped havung baths cause i just cant get out at the end!!! :rofl: Any tips there girls??

...apparently baths will help labour if your body is ready and stop signs if youre not... midwofe said its a good indiciator and a good thing to do if contractions start in night as it could make them go for a while and let you sleep rather than sit up all night. :winkwink:

I'm in the bath every night, I really should be careful though cos I keep falling to sleep in them, OH has to come up and give me a nudge,
The soak makes you feel so much better xox

nah its a radox bath for me - love em :) have one before bed every night. My OH has to haul me out at the end though as I cant get out on my own anymore and sometimes we are both in fits of giggles as its a real job to get me out! :)

Is a birth pool abit like a bath?

Yep, they wont let you in the pool till your 4cm incase you stop everything.
I kinda think if it all stops that easily then it isnt ment to come out anyway? oooo, i dont know if i wanna get in the bath or not now!! :dohh:

I dont have any tips for getting out OH has to lift me out!

I want a bath now but the 10 step walk is just too far!

I've been having hot Clary Sage baths in the hope that things might get going. I'm hoping that it gets the blood flowing and things kick off that way. So far nothing.

I tried to get in hubbys car the other day with a dress on, he has stupid sports seats and i must have looked like the frumpiest hump of lump in the world! He nearly wet himself laughing.... now im gonna have to try thsi at bathtime, he'll love every second of the humiliation!! :dohh::rofl:

I tried to get in hubbys car the other day with a dress on, he has stupid sports seats and i must have looked like the frumpiest hump of lump in the world! He nearly wet himself laughing.... now im gonna have to try thsi at bathtime, he'll love every second of the humiliation!! :dohh::rofl:

haha my OH leaves me my mobile and gets me to ring the house phone when im ready to get out lol....he thinks its hilarious, oh the shame but he helped put me in this situation so I just remind him of that!

I can beat that.. last night other half helped me out the bath and mentioned at the weekend he will mow the lawn if u know what I mean. How did things get to here hey? Hahahahaha :)

I can beat that.. last night other half helped me out the bath and mentioned at the weekend he will mow the lawn if u know what I mean. How did things get to here hey? Hahahahaha :)

:rofl: Thats a good one!

:rofl: brilliant!! I hope they forget all at some point?! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"