BB thermometers

Savasanna

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wondering if anyone out there has every had to replace their bb thermometers? If so - how often?

I've been temping for 4 months and have always had varying temps. One month it was hard to find a pattern because they're were up and down so much. but most months they look like a textbook definition of what a bb chart is supposed to be. However this month I've been reading at 97.7-97.3 for almost a week and a half. This is despite the fact that I had a positive opk, cramping, spotting AND cm last week.

I guess I'm confused - I've never not ovulated before, and I've had several ovulation like symptoms but according to my bbt I haven't ovulated.

Of course this is the first month my partner and I are ttc. So either a.) month one was the first time I don't ovulate; b.) month one is when my bb thermometer breaks; or c.) month one is randomly much longer than my average cycle and I'm still sitting waiting to ovulate on cd20 despite a positive opk on cd11. :shrug:

Are you taking your temperature at the same time every morning? Before doing anything? Getting 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep before temping? It's such a temperamental thing that any new step in the process can make your temps go haywire.

That being said, I have heard that a low battery can cause wacky temps. But after only 4 months? Seems odd. I bought my thermometer in August of 2011 and used it 7 months until we conceived. I just picked it up 3 days ago and started using it again and it's working fine.

I figured as much - I just can't for the life of me figure out what is going on this cycle!

Yes, I'm taking it first thing in the morning, 6:45 as soon as my alarm goes off. No sitting up - just roll over and grab the thermometer. I don't know - I'm half inclined to think my body is just messing with me because this was the much anticipated first month ttc. At this point I've accepted that we've missed the conception window and I just want my temp to spike so I can get my damn period and we can move on to try again next cycle.

Do you have a link to your chart to see? Also, even if you go a +opk on day 11, your body could have geared up to ovulate and then just didn't release an egg. If you start getting fertile looking CM again this month, take another opk. Sometimes if the body fails to ovulate it will try again in the same month. If your temps are correct, then this could be what's happening.

Alright - so here's my chart. I guess I just didn't ovulate this month?

This is beyond annoying/frustrating because (in the months that I've been tracking) I've never not ovulated before. I included my last month's chart for reference. It sucks that this was the month my partner and I decided to try. I wish it had been last month.. damn.

What's confusing: I'm having weird.. I don't want to say symptoms (because, clearly I didn't ovulate so there's 0% chance of pregnancy), but feelings. I had a ton of ovulation symptoms (spotting, cramping, CM, etc.) and since then I've had continued unusual cramping only on the right side of my lower abdomin (the same side my ovulation cramps were on), a change in CM, apparent increased sense of smell (although, I know that can be completely psychsomatic), increased fatigue and I'm. FREEZING!!! all the time.

Soo.. I'm curious what your thoughts are for what we should do next month? Base our prediction guesses on previous months? We're using donor sperm so we can't just BD all month long (oh, how I wish..). We're considering purchasing something that tests fertility based on your saliva - has anyone ever used that?

I know we're only on month 1 but I'm so so disappointed.

Attachments

• this month.jpg
    this month.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 8
  • last month.jpg
    last month.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 10
So looking at your charts, I'd say that you have not ovulated yet for sure, but look at the way the line keeps going down... a lot of women have a downward trend right before ovulation. A rise in estrogen causes your temp to decrease, which is also needed for you to ovulate. I would not be surprised if you ovulate very soon.

Thanks for your response, Linz. Looks like it's back to the drawing board for next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->