BBT Help?!?

AlaskaWife

1 MMC
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I really need to something about taking my temps. I have read that you need to take your temps before you "get up" in the morning. My question is how do you interpret that?

I have heard people interpret that as before you walk through the house to go pee, but you can get up out of bed, and I hear people who are afraid to roll over and grab the thermometer off of their nightstand because that motion could throw it off. So what level of movement pre-temping is acceptable?

I'm asking because I have a hard time waking up in the morning so I have no nightstand and keep my alarm clock on my dresser which is far enough away that I at least have to sit up to reach it, and have been keeping my thermometer in the same spot, so I can turn the annoying alarm off before I temp. I almost fell out of bed this morning trying to reach it without moving:haha:.

I use my phone as alarm and I keep it and my thermometer under my pillow and this minimizes my movement. I also put my phone on vibrate so that it doesn't wake OH or my LO. Hope this helps x

That's a good idea I may need to try that. I move a lot in my sleep though, so hopefully it doesn't go flying. Does that throw off your BBT?

I just keep my phone (alarm) and thermometer on my night stand. I can reach them both from bed easily. Unfortunately under the pillow wouldnt work for me, that where my arm goes lol

I just keep my phone (alarm) and thermometer on my night stand. I can reach them both from bed easily. Unfortunately under the pillow wouldnt work for me, that where my arm goes lol

I do that too.

well it works for me and I sometimes put my hands there. I guess it is different for everyone x

I think I may have found a solution to my problem & I thought I would share in-case anyone else was having this issue. I ordered a bed butler last night. It's a little clear caddy that hangs off the side of your bed, by fitting between your mattress & box spring. That way I can keep my alarm and thermometer in there and they are on the bed without really being in the bed where I can knock it off or lose it.

Thank you everyone though for answering my questions, now I know that my previous method of sitting up to grab my thermometer wasn't working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->