BBT temps seem high?

Johnsa37

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I just started charting temps this month. Since I sleep with my mouth open, I decided to temp vaginally around 6am. I have no idea what to expect, but I feel like my temps are higher than they should be for pre-O, and have been ranging from 98.1-98.7 for CD4-CD10. I have not yet ovulated, and AF finished on CD5. I am doing OPKs too, and they are very faint still. Last cycle I O'd on CD14.

Are these temps high? If so, why are they high?

Thanks ladies! I greatly appreciate any insight that you can share as I am a BBT newbie.

Your temps are higher because you temp vaginally. For most women, they're up to a degree higher than orally.

Good luck!!

That's what I thought initially, but I didn't see a difference when I was looking through vag temp charts on fertility friend. Weird.

Its normal for vaginal temps to be higher, which is why fertility friend says dont switch temping methods in the middle of a cycle because it can make your chart look like you ovulated. Dont compare your temps to other charts everyones basal body temps are different.

Thanks ladies! I will keep at it and see what this cycle looks like :)

Exactly :) My temps are higher than those of others as well (I even temp orally). Everyone is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->