BD on day of positive OPK

FireBaby

Reaction score
This is the 2nd month I've been charting my BBT. I started doing acupuncture and herbs last month right after OV to balance out hormones etc. and increase my chances of getting a BFP this month.

We BD on 9/8 for the first time in 2 weeks (I had been travelling). I got a positive OPK on 9/9 we BD on 9/9.

I went to the acupuncturist on 9/10 and she said I should BD again that night.

However DH was watching football and it got too late - bottom line I couldn't convince him to BD.

My question is have I missed out this month and is there any point to BD again tonight (9/11)?

My CM seems to have become watery and white (ie. not fertile).

watery cm is still okay~ SPEM recommended that once you get a +opk, you should "try" that night, plus two additional nights in a row, skip one night, and do one last "try"!

I stand by SMEP~ :haha: So you should definitely BD tonight (9/11) and then once more on 9/13! :thumbup: It can do no harm~ :shy:

Thanks lxb!
I guess SMEP says to BD the day of and then two days after a positive OPK. I missed a day but I guess another day can't hurt. Even though my acupuncturist did say that it would be too late :(

skip one night, and do one last "try"!

I stand by SMEP~ :haha: So you should definitely BD tonight (9/11) and then once more on 9/13! :thumbup: It can do no harm~ :shy:

What is the theory behind the one last "try" I mean if you've ovulated and the egg has dried up then haven't you completely lost the window?

(I do agree it can do no harm though!!)

Not exactly sure. I guess they said to do it as an 'insurance' :haha: for the cycle I got my bfp, I didn't do the on least try as Dh and I came across some issue that neither of us were in the mood.

I guess once you got a positive opk, it doesn't always necessarily mean you will o right the way. It could be within the next 24-48 hours (in my case, I didn't O til 2 days later - my bbt confirmed my O). :shrug:

Watery should still be fertile. I would bd again.
It is best to have a couple errr deposits,as the more sperm there to help break the egg the better:flower:

Well DH wasn't in the mood last night and I didn't push it.

I looked on my bbt chart and I noticed that I got the positive OPK on 9/9 - temps were still low that day and also still low on 9/10 but then 9/11 I got a thermal shift.

Does the thermal shift then indicate that O has already passed?

do you have the link to your chart?

It sounded like you Oed on 9/10?

The link to my chart is: fertilityfriend.com/home/3f3493

Sorry I wasn't able to put full link in yet - as the site won't let me until I've created more posts :)
lxb it is exactly what you predicted O'd on 9/10 :)
So if I BD on 8/9 and 9/9 I guess I am hoping there is still a chance for a BFP in a few weeks

wow.. you temp has been stable before O!

Yep~ your chances are good for BDing on 8th and 9th! Good luck!

They are stable but I'm not sure if that is partly due to using a glass thermometer vs a digital one.... (although last month was more choppy and I was using the glass then too) anyway I just ordered a new one so I'll be able to rule that out.

I do feel like the TCM herbs and acupuncture for a month has made a difference...I feel more....consistent...if that makes sense...

I just looked at your chart - I haven't really looked at many charts - but its really interesting to be able to see the distinct phases between follicular and luteal....

I'm learning so much!!! :)

Your April chart where you got your BFP shows the perfect triphastic stage chart.

Yep~ :thumbup:

I am lucky enough to be able to temp at the same time everyday~ and it absolutely helps me knowing where my body is at in the cycle~

Do you set an alarm for temping or do you just temp when you wake up?

I've been doing the latter, because I noticed I'll wake up at 5.30am and go and pee but if I sleep in after that until 8.30 or 9.30 then the temps are higher overall so are probably not a true indication of a resting temp.

I set alarm because for bbt, you need to temp at the same time (preferably the moment you wake up). I temp everyday at ~6:15am (because that's early enough where I know I most probably would still be sleeping and I usually pee after i temp :haha:)

Hey fire baby,
Unintentionally, I am on almost the same schedule as you. We bd on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in the morn. Got a pos OPK yesterday afternoon. Had fertile cm yesterday and lots more today but could not bd today - boo. Think O will probably be overnight tonight but will see what cm looks like in the morn tomorrow.
Will be stalking to see if you get a bfp:flower:

Hi Gingersnaps! Fun! Will be cool to swap notes along the way :)

And we are in the same situation of not BD on the actual day of O so hoping that the BD from the day when I got the +OPK will be enough.

Actually if you are able to BD today then you are covering an extra base if your temps haven't risen yet.... what is your chart like?

Hi Gingersnaps! Fun! Will be cool to swap notes along the way :)

And we are in the same situation of not BD on the actual day of O so hoping that the BD from the day when I got the +OPK will be enough.

Actually if you are able to BD today then you are covering an extra base if your temps haven't risen yet.... what is your chart like?

Hi,
I do not chart but track cm and use opks.:flower:
Has worked pretty well for me and I have a clockwork cycle, I get AF the day of the week after the day of the week I O'd. Stays the same weekday unless I travel or do something to alter it.
Anyway, I had been on bcp for over a month while was away and was not sure how it would be this time. But had a lot of Ewcm yesterday, woke up at around 4 am with pains in my left ovary area, still having on and off aches there. EWCM gone, now watery and creamy. Think did O. I do not always get O pains but think that was it or if not a cyst of some sort.
So think we have a good chance this month. Two days before O has the best odds, then the day before and then O day.

What is bcp?
I am going to start charting my CM too - I've kind of put it off for a while but I know I need to start doing that. Do you test for it at a specific time everyday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->