BD'ing my butt off--whose in it for November??

Dolly my gut was a boy from ur first + BFP.... :)
Jess i think it's a girl for u........

So excited for next thursday to get to meet my new dr....hoping he gives me the go ahead and when I go see him I will be cd12....Close to "O".........ya never know maybe next month I couldd be a pregnant girlie.....Really trying to take this in stride.......Great scans girls......lots of love xoxoxox Tara :hugs:

bazz, I hope that pressure means af is near.

Tara, I think it's a girl to. They did bloodwork today that tests the chromosome fromthe baby's DNA that gets in your blood. They can actually tell from that what the gender is, so I'll know next week. I can't wait!

Very nice scans mackjess and dolly!!! Tell me more about this chromosome testing Mackjess? Please.

I was referred to a genetic counselor since I'm 35. It's called MaterniT21 plus.

Oh mackjess your pic is fab!! What were u measuring? Did u find they like about alot with the probe.. Quite hard as well? Maybe it cause I was bursting for a piddle but I felt she prodded really hard at my belly xxx

Great scan Mackjess! Never heard if the gender blood test thing, that's good you'll know so soon. Sooo exciting x

Glad you are an oldie like me too, I am 33, 34 by time baby is here! My hubby is only 28 though..... Toy boy!!

Hi Girls, love the scan pics - so so cute, but no idea whether boy or girl!!
I have my 12-week scan next Friday eeek.
Tell us more about the blood test thing to tell the gender??? I've never heard of that either - would love to get that done. Wonder if you can get that here in the UK too?
I'm an oldie too....32, and baby due v close to my 33rd birthday. boyf is 30 though - also like them young ;)

Well the test is a chromosome testthey use to screen for downs, etc. I still got an nt scan along with it. They can find the baby's DNA in mom's blood and count the chromosomes to check for abnormalities. since they are doing that they can look for y chromosomes to tell if it's a boy.

I think you can order it if you have a midwife or someone that can draw blood, even if your doc doesn't do it. hopefully my ins covers it, but if not it costs 235.

besides the gender aspect, this test hasn't given any false positives, which I know the other blood screenings do. it also had a 99% accuracy rating vs 90-95% of other tests.

but you're not advanced maternal age till 35 so you should be fine. I'm not too concerned, I can't believe getting pregnant 2 months after my 35th bday really increases my risks that much.

Oh mackjess your pic is fab!! What were u measuring? Did u find they like about alot with the probe.. Quite hard as well? Maybe it cause I was bursting for a piddle but I felt she prodded really hard at my belly xxx

I think bc my baby was facing down, it's neck was up high enough he didn't have to push too hard. when he went lower to check out the placenta he had to push harder, but he just scanned over it really quick.

he measured me at 12+6, but the baby was kicking both its legs as hard as it could it seemed, and its rump was waving up and down like he was swimming. Lol. he didn't want to date me on the crazy swimmer measurement. And it didn't help that I kinda got the giggles bc he was having such a hard time getting a still shot of my maniac.

Good morning girls...:) I have to tell you gals that when they do ur scans and say u r farther along then u r or baby measuring bigger then u thought the only way they change ur due date is if the discrepency is more than a week. If it is then they change the due date....If that makes sense. Hope everyone has a great day off to get my bloods drawn to get that HCG back to 0.................Ugh makes me so sad but, it will happen and I will have answers sooon enough. :hugs:

Thanks pray. How have you been feeling?

I am feeling ok! Some days I don't have much nausea, so I get worried, the the next it comes back with a vengeance and I get sick! Lol! I'm constantly tired though. I just got my new pregnancy pillow a couple of days ago, and I love it! I'm also supposed to be getting the Doppler I ordered in the mail today, I can't wait till I can find the hb!

What kind of pillow did you get pray? I'm so uncomfortable at night and find if I sleep on my stomach its gives me an ache, but can't sleep if not on stomach! Trying to practice sleeping on side but not having much success, so thinking I need a pillow, but not sure what kind. Looked online and each pillow just looks a bit weird!! Any advice would be appreciated!

Ahhh so I just clicked the link on prays subtag about the chinese gender prediction and it says boy for me :( Not that I wouldnt be happy with a boy (I just care that whatever it is, its healthy) but I was really hoping for a girl...going back to my previous pregnancies and refering to that chinese prediction chart, they were right both times!!

I guess we will see

womble..I am only comfortable if I sleep on my stomach lol so its been real hard for me too...I usually lay on my stomach but I sleep with a pillow between my legs and I oblique my body somewhat so I am not right on my stomach and crushing my babes. Its very comfortable to me

Ahhh so I just clicked the link on prays subtag about the chinese gender prediction and it says boy for me :( Not that I wouldnt be happy with a boy (I just care that whatever it is, its healthy) but I was really hoping for a girl...going back to my previous pregnancies and refering to that chinese prediction chart, they were right both times!!

I guess we will see

I wouldn't worry about the Chinese predictor chick, there's a thread discussing it at the moment and most people say it was wrong for them, but either way it's just a bit of fun and not really any truth or science behind it! It says boy for me too and I would also have preferred a girl this time, but of course will be happy with a healthy little one of either gender. I've got a feeling it's right for me though, I worry I'll never have a daughter and will be surrounded by stroppy men in my house!

lol I love my son but I am a girl so I know what to do more with girls than boys lol plus its so much more fun dressing a little girl than a little boy. Mike (dh) wants another boy bad. Its either gonna be Myla or Mylan (to run with our theme of M names)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->