Be brutal ladies. Honest opinions please?!

Samanthatc

Reaction score
Okay so over the weekend I used up a 3 pack of FRER and saw a line darkening quite well with each test. First test was Saturday morning, second one Saturday night and third one Sunday afternoon.

Today I was all out of FRER but had some internet cheapies to use up so thought what the heck I'll use one of those and the line is quite a bit lighter... Hmmm... I'll attach photos so you can see what I mean. I know it's hard to compare with different tests but honest opinions please be as frank as possible.

Also today AF was due and that made me officially 4 weeks pregnant so I decided to also use my digital test and was expecting to see 2-3 weeks (because at 4 weeks of pregnancy conception should have occurred 2 weeks ago) but only got 1-2 weeks. Don't have any more FRER left to compare either

image.jpg this shows progression of FRER sat morn, sat night, Sunday arvo and then internet cheapie just now (Monday arvo)

I say relax and step way from the tests! Internet cheapies are exactly that, when I had my DS I never got a positive on one, even when all other tests were showing positive, and the cb digi is just a guide based on average hcg levels. You are right on the cusp of 1-2 and 2-3 at just 14dpo but it isn't that accurate that it would automatically move up overnight hon.

Try to relax, there is very little you can do to affect what is going on in your uterus xxx

Haha ok you're right I'm being a bit dramatic. Thanks :)

This time my internet cheapies were hardly getting darker at all whilst my frers were getting a really good progression. Step away from the tests!!

Hi Samantha, iv read about plenty of people only getting faint positives on the first day of missed period so I certainly wouldn't be worried about the 1-2 on a digi! (In fact if I got 2-3 at 14DPO I'd be convincing myself that I was pregnant with twins or something!)
Good luck with everything! :flower:

Everything looks fine, I got a bfn off internet cheapie a but strong + on SuperDrug brand. Congratulations x happy and healthy 9 months xxx

I took one of those cheapie tests today and at 1 week 2 days late I've only just got a test line as dark as the control! Your FRER progression looks great x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 3
Your progression looks good, and I think you are worrying way too much. Go get a blood test from the doctor. Also, I don't know what brand that last one you took is, but I have seen them all over here, and I have noticed that they are not sensitive at all. Also, the first CBD with weeks estimator I took said 1-2 weeks, when I should have been at least 5 weeks. It isn't always reliable.

Progression looks great!

My cheapies showed the slightest line at 13dpo and I question weather or not it was an evap! Took a clear blue the same day (SMU) and the + sign came up clear as day. I followed that with a digi (still at 13dpo) so just a day before you and got 1-2 weeks! I had my blood drawn at 15dpo and hcg was 324.

I'd say all is well :) Happy and healthy 9 months!

i agree with others, STOP testing, you will only make yourself crazy.

You are pregnant, be happy and thankful in that and just enjoy :)

and believe me, I know that is easier said then done. WE are all in the same boat with you.

Easier said than done, but stop testing! Test again next week with a clearblue and I bet it's gone up :)

Looks fantastic Hun!! Especially the fourth test being a different brand. I always use frer for progression and the digi still sounds good! 1-2 weeks is still good!!

Don't take those CBD's to the bank, they aren't completely accurate! I know Rebecca said it also. And actually, when it says 1-2 it means weeks since ovulation, so at the day AF was due that is pretty close. I took one when I got my first BFP (was a surprise) at 18dpo and it showed 2-3, so that was correct, but 8 days later I took another after knowing my HCG was 2301, and it still said 2-3 and I was so upset. A few days later I had another HCG drawn and it was 16,513 so trust me, those aren't accurate!

Just enjoy the shock of that BFP! Set up an appt at the Dr. and congrats!!

I tested 10 dpo with with what I thought were really sensitive 10 mlu/ml internet cheapies, I was convinced there was a line but I swear if I'd showed anyone they would have said I was imagining it, I read about FRER being that little bit more sensitive and immediately went out and got one, well there it was a lovely pink line not too dark but obviously there! The difference is amazing, as I had a supply of internet cheapies I kept testing and don't think they got really dark until well after 20 do! So stop worrying, congratulations!

Mine looked exactly the same!! We're the exact same if you are 4 weeks on the dot. These are what mine looked like I took them saturday morning and night (purple cheepies) Sunday morning and Today

Attachments

• 20140823_214209.jpg
    20140823_214209.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 1408892572188.jpg
    1408892572188.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20140824_121247.jpg
    20140824_121247.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 2
  • 20140825_083447.jpg
    20140825_083447.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 4
Lisa love- 4 weeks and 1 day. Our tests look very similar :)

Ladies thank you all so much for your thoughts, it really helps. I'm not going to test anymore, partner already thinks I'm nuts for taking so many tests !!

Agreed with the others, step away from the tests (save some money for a nice stroller!) A bfp is a bfp! Congrats! :D

edit: I see you already agree too :) I'm glad you got to find out so early! I had a feeling at 4 weeks but I didn't test until 5 days after AF was due.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->