Be my buddy?

I've wanted to adopt for a long time. My OH is hispanic, so adopting a baby from a country in central america is high on our list. Also, Uganda and Haiti. I really got interested in adoption because of Haiti, and that was at least 5 years ago. Now, it looks like that will never happen because of the earthquake and all the structural damage to their entire system. Most countries require you be at least 25, in some places (Haiti) it's 35, before you can adopt. So that's a future thing for us.

I think today is finally cd1. I forgot how awful AF was. This is why I was on bc for so long. I just feel so sick. I'm still happy to have af, but I wish she wasn't so awful! Hopefully I won't have to go through so many of these before I get my :bfp:.

I hear ya! AF has always been bad for me :( Can't wait to be pregnant! Oh I always wanted to adopt a little chinese or japanese girl... I think they're just so cute!! But we'll definitely try for our own for a little while first! Hmm.. do both partners have to be 25? My DH is 27, but I'm only 22...

Hello everyone, My name is Lakita and I'm new to this site. I'm 27 and DH is 32, He has a child from another relationship. As for me this will be my first child. I was hoping to find some buddies to chat with to help me get through these hard times of TTC. I’m currently on CD2.

I hear ya! AF has always been bad for me :( Can't wait to be pregnant! Oh I always wanted to adopt a little chinese or japanese girl... I think they're just so cute!! But we'll definitely try for our own for a little while first! Hmm.. do both partners have to be 25? My DH is 27, but I'm only 22...

It depends on the country and even certain adoption agencies have different rules. Some places have rules about how long you have to have been together. Some adoption agencies require you be of a certain religion, too. I have no problem lying about it. I'm buddhist, but OH is episcopal (or maybe nothing. He can't really decide). So I could lie and say we're both christian. I would love a child and give them a chance to be whatever religion they want, but I am more than happy to tell the agency I'd be sure to make them christian if that's what it took to get my child home.

So I had a scare today. I was rear-ended on my way to school. I started getting a headache and some other whiplash effects. I came straight home (no car damage) and started talking to OH. I decided to go to the doctor. I'm fine, but just wanted to rule out concussion. When I got back OH asked what the doctor said about pregnancy! He thought I went there for a blood test (even though I've told him I started my period) and he knew about the accident and how I was feeling. I suppose his mind was on other things. Lol.

Hello everyone, My name is Lakita and I'm new to this site. I'm 27 and DH is 32, He has a child from another relationship. As for me this will be my first child. I was hoping to find some buddies to chat with to help me get through these hard times of TTC. I’m currently on CD2.

Hi Lakita! :flower: I see you're from Arkansas. I'm from Alabama. Not too many southerners here, so nice to see you!
I'm also on cd2, but my cycles are irregular. How long have you guys been trying? This is my second cycle, and it will be our first child. I'm 21 and oh is 23.

I'll be your buddy! I'm 21 DH is 25 we have been together almost 4 years and married for 2 and this is our second cycle ttc. I've been pregnant once before but that sadly ended before I even know the lil bean was cooking. So I'm hoping i can get pregnant again :) lots of luck and :dust: to all

Hi Lakita! :flower: I see you're from Arkansas. I'm from Alabama. Not too many southerners here, so nice to see you!
I'm also on cd2, but my cycles are irregular. How long have you guys been trying? This is my second cycle, and it will be our first child. I'm 21 and oh is 23.

Hello, That cool we are both from the south.

I have irregular cycles as well. I never know if it will be a 32, 33 35 or even a 60 day cycle. This will be our 5 cycle trying. We did 3 rounds of clomid and now ferilaid.

I'll be your buddy! I'm 21 DH is 25 we have been together almost 4 years and married for 2 and this is our second cycle ttc. I've been pregnant once before but that sadly ended before I even know the lil bean was cooking. So I'm hoping i can get pregnant again :) lots of luck and :dust: to all

Sorry about your loss. I hope this will be the cycle for you!

:wave: Praying-4Baby!

:wave: luv his face!

Welcome to you both!

Looks like we're all about the same age! I just turned 22 on Aug 24th :)

Rainysunshine - Well hopefully we'll be able to have our own children before adopting!! Sounds like a complicated process... oh and expensive... Glad you're okay and that there's no car damage! Sounds scary!

Yea, I'm hoping for at least one. For some reason, I'm suddenly unsure about that second child. But I guess for now, we should focus on #1 and we'll cross that bridge later.

My neck hurts like crazy today! I took 3 advil as the doctor mentioned I could and, while I think it helped my cramps a lot, it has done nothing for my neck. He prescribed muscle relaxers, so I think I'll go get those later today. This is crazy. I had no idea it would hurt this much.

Yea, I'm hoping for at least one. For some reason, I'm suddenly unsure about that second child. But I guess for now, we should focus on #1 and we'll cross that bridge later.

My neck hurts like crazy today! I took 3 advil as the doctor mentioned I could and, while I think it helped my cramps a lot, it has done nothing for my neck. He prescribed muscle relaxers, so I think I'll go get those later today. This is crazy. I had no idea it would hurt this much.

I know how you feel. A co-worker gave me two Ibuprofens today, because my Midol comleted :nope:wasn't working. Can't wait to get Pregnant :bfp: so these cycle pains will just disappear for about nine months.:happydance:

I know how you feel. A co-worker gave me two Ibuprofens today, because my Midol comleted :nope:wasn't working. Can't wait to get Pregnant :bfp: so these cycle pains will just disappear for about nine months.:happydance:

I know! 9 months without it sounds great. I had mirena before, and I'll probably get that ASAP after birth because I really liked it. And since I can't decide about baby #2, I guess that will give me time to make a decision.

God, whiplash sucks. I can't focus in class or turn my head... Or Bd...

Awe, hope you're feeling better today! I was thinking that I'm not even gonna go back on birth control after the first is born. I was on Yaz, then marvelon, then tricyclen lo and all of them gave me pain in the veins in my legs and arms... If it takes me awhile to get pregnant with number one, I'll just not use birth control after that and see when number 2 comes... I definitely want a few kids :)

Yea, I've thought about that, too. Just let it kinda happen when it does. Bcp didn't bother me so much, but mirena didn't bother me at all.

I got more sleep last night thanks to some muscle relaxers. I'm feeling a good bit better this morning.

So I'm having an odd.. sensitive.. problem. OH and I haven't :sex: in over 3 weeks. I just don't want to at all. And I don't just feel like I don't want to now, I feel like I won't for a while. OH and I have always had a great sex life, so this is weird. I usually enjoy pleasing myself, too. But not now. I'm just not feeling sexual at all. OH and I have talked about it. I have apologized, and he's sweet about it. I know I can do it. Women are lucky like that. But in a previous (really bad) relationship, I did that a lot and its just no fun to remember. I'm really not sure what to do. It's physical and mental I think. I suppose when o time comes, we'll get to it anyway. Maybe just doing it will get me out of this funk.

So I'm having an odd.. sensitive.. problem. OH and I haven't :sex: in over 3 weeks. I just don't want to at all. And I don't just feel like I don't want to now, I feel like I won't for a while. OH and I have always had a great sex life, so this is weird. I usually enjoy pleasing myself, too. But not now. I'm just not feeling sexual at all. OH and I have talked about it. I have apologized, and he's sweet about it. I know I can do it. Women are lucky like that. But in a previous (really bad) relationship, I did that a lot and its just no fun to remember. I'm really not sure what to do. It's physical and mental I think. I suppose when o time comes, we'll get to it anyway. Maybe just doing it will get me out of this funk.

Hmm that's no good... are you stressed from work? Life? Is something else bothering you that's keeping you from wanting to have :sex:? Maybe you need to relax and not think about it - maybe there's too much pressure on you? I don't know I'm just throwing out ideas that may help. Either way it's good that OH is understanding and that you've talked about it!

School just started, but it's not stressing me. I've really been focusing on a lot of other things, though. I probably just need to relax. I did just get my student loan in, so that frees up some money to help me relax. The only thing good about this is that we've talked about it. So it's not putting pressure on our relationship or anything. I think if I take some time to relax, and then just dive in and do it, I'll be fine. It's just weird. We've never not :sex: for so long, except maybe when I was sick.

Good news. We're back! DTD today on our brand new couch! I am not sure which I'm more excited about, the new couch or the BD. Probably the couch, though. We've been living without a couch for over a year. We found a GREAT deal on one that looks brand new (may not be, got it on consignment), plus delivery, only $250. It's a fluffy, cozy tan microfiber/faux suede sofa. No stains or anything. I also got a wireless router, so now I can take my laptop anywhere. :) I've had a really good day.

We went to an episcopal church for OH, but he didn't like it much (he used to be catholic). Then we went to an Intro to Buddhism class, which was more like a discussion group. It was AMAZING. The Lama (Monk that leads the group) was so cool and very intelligent. I'm definitely planning on going back. Meditation is very beneficial for stress relief, etc. So I'm hoping to learn a lot more. Maybe it'll help ttc!

Very PMA right now. :)

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"