Beach Bump Graduates!

Ps SB lovely pics - I can't believe how much little Will looks like his daddy!

Thanks everyone! I can't believe Will is going to be a month old on Friday. Where in the world did that time go? My husband just went back to work on Monday and I'm finding myself really missing him. Not only is it harder now, but I'm lonely. Slowly adjusting though and having a blast getting to know this new little one! He looks so much like Katie, I was looking through her old infant pictures. If I put a bow on him, he'd be identical to those Katie pics!

It has been quiet in here lately!

It's horrible when they go back to work isn't it SB? The house seems so much quieter! How are you finding it with two at home? I bet Katie loves her baby brother!

Not much going on here, I'm running daily now (it's only been two weeks but I'm hoping to keep it up!) so I'm feeling quite good generally, I've never really run before so it's been fun to do something different.

Does anyone have any plans for the weekend? Holly has a birthday party on Saturday then I think we're seeing my parents on Sunday so a quiet one here.

Also on an exercise kick here. My friend sent me a text when I was in hospital with Mum asking if I would do the Moonwalk Edinburgh with her, in my mixed up state I said yes. I've never walked 26 miles in my life!!! So we're out training 2/3 times a week in the evening. Bit scared it's going to kill me but I have a few months to go (if anyone wants to sponsor me I'll post the link ;) )
Having a tough time with Cam at the moment, he's back to pushing other children all the time. I'm not coping very well with it to be honest. Taking a break from toddler groups/classes etc. It's not fair on Cassie but I spend most my time apologising for Cam or trying to stop him.
Have our holiday planned though. We are going with my Dad to Provence, flying and hiring a car and gite. It's proving quite expensive but I had suggested we scatter Mum's ashes in France as they holidayed there for 26 years and he chose Provence as that's where they had their last holiday. We're going in June so it should be a nice temperature. Nervous about travelling with 2 toddlers though!!

Hi, hope everyones ok? If anyone still reads this I would love to know who's Beach Bumps are still in nappies if any?
Thanks in advance
Karen x

Hi girls, not been on for ages sorry. Maria amazing with your exercise so good and Fi, 26 miles wow!

Ajay is out of nappies now except for nighttime Karen, sorry, but we have friends who haven't potty trained yet and it's normal - most potty train around 3 I've read.

All ok here, in the tww now on month 4 so fingers crossed it might be our month. If not, we plan to have a dry March and drop the booze in the event that helps x

Eek exciting stuff Caz!!! Hope you had a nice holiday :D

Well done Fi! Sounds like you're doing well!

How are you Karen? Naomi is still in nappies, she's just not ready yet! I'm hoping it won't be much longer but happy to follow her lead. xx

Katie is still in diapers too. She was almost 100% potty trained at this time last year, but when I got really bad morning sickness for three months, we reverted back to diapers. Now she's just not very interested in using the potty, but she shows signs that she can do it. I think after we're done being sick we're going to give it another go. She loves the idea of potty time if she's using a Mickey Mouse potty seat!

Hi girls just checking in to day hello.

Sb how are things now your hubbie is back at work?

Manic here been at my parents last night and today which ajay loved, he didn't want to leave. Work is so crazy need to decide how I'm going to cope longer term with it, today I had two calls before 8 am and asked to work through the morning. And it's my blooming day off, argh! I was so pee'd off and I can't let it keep going like this. But hope to find out whether this month has been our month early next week, will keep you posted :)

Have been thinking of you Caz! How are you getting on?

SB- that's good to know that Naomi's not the only one!

How's everyone doing?

Not much going on here really, we have pancake races at nursery tomorrow so Naomi is pretty excited about that! Had Holly's parents evening today which was nice, she's doing really well and is happy at school so I'm really pleased :)

It's been so quiet! How's everyone doing? What's our little July toddlers up to?

Sb how are things now your hubbie is back at work?

Good! I adjusted pretty quickly and it went better than I thought it would. Katie has been more of a handful since Will was born, but I'm getting better at handling both of them and our household!

I took some pictures of them today and love how they turned out! Here's two of them:

https://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af204/HomespunDreams/00000i_zpsaf08b20a.jpg
https://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af204/HomespunDreams/03300_zpsda897dd0.jpg

Sb - how are Katie and will? Hope they are both doing well.

Maria must be lovely to have proper parents evenings - even our little nursery ones are so cute.

So what's happening here? Ttc still (month five) due Sunday so hoping this is our month. Work is awful - I've been off sick yesterday and today because it just got too much, too many hours and so much pressure from everyone. It's been relaxing being off but I need to have a long hard think about how I manage things. I don't think I can do it anymore to be honest. Have some time with my boss on Monday so really hope I can have a good chat with him about it. Just want more balance in my life to be honest x

So other than that ajay got a little report from nursery which was sweet and he seems to be doing really well. He was unwell over the weekend but finally seems better now.

Simmy when are you back at work?

Han how are your courses going?

Mel - hope the boys are well.

Fi - how is life with you?

Hope I've not forgotten anyone xx

Gorgeous photos SB! Annabelle was a handful for a while too but she's much better now. Or maybe I'm just better at juggling two lol! Glad it's going well though!

Oh Caz good luck with cycle 5, really have everything crosses for you. Sorry about work too - they really need to get more people in to help! How you feeling now?

I'm exhausted, one of my friends little ones had conjunctivitis last week and gave it to annabelle so she had it with a cold over the weekend and now Henry has it. He's not sleeping at all well day or night and annabelle was randomly up last night too so I had about 2 lots of 2 hour sleeps. Seeing a a personal trainer tonight (free at gym) and I have no clue where I'll get the energy from. Been doing really well with my healthy eating and exercise though and completed my gym instructor course. Moving on to personal trainer one now!
Sorry got to run as Henry has woken up :-( short naps happening here!

We'll done on your course Han - amazing! And just think of the calorie burn tonight at the gym. Hope the kiddies get better soon - awful when they're ill isn't it xx

Not feeling too bad today - I'm off work today and had a good chat with a colleague. Going back on Monday and have time with my boss too so that's good x

Hey ladies
Fingers crossed Caz! Hopefully you've caught the egg this month!
Hann sounds like you're doing really well :)
Cute pics SB.

I'm exhausted, DH has been working away in US for 2 weeks, first time I've parented solo for that long. It hasn't been much fun. It coincided with DD's first illness - just a cold/cough but she's been really grumpy with it. She's been screaming lots. I've not coped brilliantly as my endometriosis has come back badly. Off for ovary removal next week. The kids will be going into nursery for 2 weeks to let me recover- their first time in childcare, eek. Thank goodness DH's work pay for both private healthcare and emergency childcare!

Oh fi that sounds so tough. They will be fine in nursery I'm sure - and thank goodness you will be able to have a rest.

So I went back to the dr today and have been signed off from work. I've never in my life been signed off. She told me to take two weeks off . Neel bless him came with me as he has been so worried and was relieved when she said please don't go in. I was so tearful I was glad he was there to be honest. Neel is insistent I keep ajay on his usual nursery days - but I want to be with him but I know I need to rest up. I feel like such a failure it's awful:(

Wow I requested my medical notes from the hospital from Ajays birth as Neel and I never knew why I had an emergency c section. It turns out so much was going on that we didn't realise! In short Ajays heart rate wasn't stable, I had meconium in me and I was on the verge of losing too much blood and hemoraging - so they did the c section. If only we had known! Makes so much sense now why it was so sudden and such a rush - my slow labour obviously was too much for ajay. So glad we requested my notes - I'm going to have a proper read tomorrow x

Hiya!

Caz I'm sorry to hear you've not been well. I hope the two weeks off helps you relax a bit and feel better :hugs:

Mel you poor thing!! I hope you're OK and that your operation goes well. That's handy about the childcare and the health care- at least you haven't got to wait ages to get it sorted now.

Hann Holly had conjunctivitis the week before we went away, it's horrible isn't it?
Have you started your fitness instructor training yet?

Lovely pics SB! Will looks like he's growing well! Such cuties!!

Simmy, Fi and Georgie how are you all?

We went away last week which was lovely but I'm still feeling worn out! Thankfully we have the Easter holidays now so I haven't got such an early start in the morning. I'm hoping the weather picks up a bit as it would be nice to do some outdoors stuff- I'm always a bit stuck on ideas on what to do with Holly and Naomi when the weather's bad, it's a bit stressful taking them to soft play together on my own as Holly's too old for the stuff Naomi likes and Naomi's too small for the older stuff! We have a couple of days out planned with some friends from Holly's school so that should be nice.

What's everyone else up to? Is anyone away over Easter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->