Beach Bump Graduates!

Good luck SB, thinking of you! Can't wait to hear the news! I agree little boys are fab :)

Merry christmas to everyone - hope you enjoy seeing the joy on your little ones' faces this year - it's super adorable!

Fi, if you still read here, extra special hug for you xxx

Thanks Simmy. I still pop in every now and again. Struggling to come to terms with Mum's death and get ready for Xmas. Was feeling really festive before it happened. Presents are wrapped, food organised but enthusiasm missing. We've been doing Elf on the Shelf (sort of) which has got Cameron very excited about Santa coming.

Merry Christmas Eve!!!

I'm going to try and catch up while I'm on- I can't get on with this new site- every time I log on a massive aptimil ad comes up no matter where my mouse is- annoying!

I hope everyone's OK!

Hi everyone, things crazy mental here, happy christmas to all of you, SB I think your little man is going to come on christmas eve!

Have a wonderful few days everyone, this is the 1st xmas our little ones are kind of understanding, its gonna be magic! and yes boys are wonderful!! Im sure girls are too!
One of my resolutions is to get back on here and chat to you all, whos with me?
xx

I am SO with you on this! I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted!!! :blush:

I'm so excited for Christmas, Naomi can kind of understand it now so it's even more exciting!

SB I'm thinking of you all the time!- You never know, you might have a Christmas day baby!! :D

Thinking of you Fi :hugs:

Hann there was a lovely pic of you and Henry the other day on FB! I can't believe how grown up the younger ones are getting!

How are things going with your job Mel? Have you got much time off over Christmas? What about you Caz? Egypt sounds lovely!! I went once before I had Holly, it was so lovely.

I hope Sophia's sleeping gets better Simmy! Have you started weaning yet? No sleep is the worst!

Poor Naomi is ill bless her, her temp was 39.7 in the night, she's still not right but hopefully she will be OK for tomorrow!

I hope you all have a lovely Christmas!!! Thinking of you all xxx

Thanks everyone! It turns out that this baby is SUPER stubborn and I'm now 42 weeks pregnant - and it's induction day! Can't wait to have this baby on the outside finally! Christmas Day was Katie's last day as an only child, and she loved every minute of it. Time to be a big sister now!

Thank you! Baby Will was born yesterday on 12.27 at 2:31 am. He's 8lbs, 1oz and 20.5 inches long and is doing wonderfully! His birth story is HERE and here's his first picture:
https://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af204/HomespunDreams/027_zps64d911f7.jpg

Congratulations to you all SB, Will is absolutely gorgeous and you must be over the moon xx

Congratulations SB!! Well done - it seems he was very comfy in there :)

Happy New Year! :D

Did anyone get up to much over new years? We just stayed in as usual (oh my exciting life!) and watched a film.

Took the children to the farm park today with a friend which was nice- thought we'd better make the most of the nice weather before it starts raining again!

Just looking online at camping destinations for this year, we're hoping to go to Cornwall in the Summer, it's so nice there!

Our whole household has a cold which is annoying- poor Naomi's only just gotten over her infection so I feel quite bad for her!

What's everyone been up to?

Happy new year !

Maria, We didnt do anything for new year, Alan was working, didnt get home till 1230 that night so I just watched tv, though Lucas decided he wanted to be up to watch the fireworks lol.

We have just booked a holiday to a Parkdean holiday park at Sandy Bay, on the South Coast, they do camping pitches too, it looks really nice and right on the beach, we are going in July. :)
Not much else to report, been at work today, and working down at a local football club tomorrow so looking forward to that.
Ive just made a apple and cinamon loaf cake to try out my new mixer i got for christmas, it smells yummah!

Hope everyone is doing ok x
SB Hows Will doing? more pics please! x

Holiday sounds fab Mel! I bet the boys will love it!

Work sounds like it's going really well- are you enjoying it? (the sports massage)

That apple and cinnamon loaf sounds delish!

We're doing great! There were a few rocky days while Katie was adjusting (she had quite a few big tantrums, especially because she just wants to be SO helpful - she was so upset that she couldn't feed the baby from her juice cup or cover his entire body (head included) in her blankie like she does with her dolls.) But now she's understanding about baby more and is just adoring her little brother. I'm loving my new little family!

Here's a few more pictures! It's so hard to narrow down my favorites, I take roughly a picture a minute all through the day! lol
https://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af204/HomespunDreams/1389_zps16a94559.jpg
https://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af204/HomespunDreams/0390_zps4b84a416.jpg
https://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af204/HomespunDreams/0400_zps7d51c3b6.jpg

SB he is totally delicious! Bless Katie, It must be such a huge adjustment for our eldest ones.

Maria, The loaf is delicious! Not great as im trying to cut down but tastes pretty good!

I bet it was Mel! It sounds amazing, I'm trying to cut down too- I'm sure it was worth it though! :D

SB those are gorgeous pics!!! You make such a lovely family.

Naomi is back to nursery tomorrow, she really likes it there and seems quite excited when I tell her she's going there tomorrow. Holly doesn't start until Wednesday so we've got a few hours together tomorrow which will be nice :)

I'm trying to do more exercise this year, I only really walk and do my exercise bike but I don't do much of either. I've always wanted a treadmill, Martyn's gone to have a look at one after work from a local selling page- fingers crossed! I would like to join the gym although realistically I won't have time until Naomi starts school, we can't afford to put her in nursery for more hours than she already does right now really.

I hope everyone's having a good start to the new year :)

Happy new year all!

SB he is gorgeous! Your comments about Katie made me laugh too, annabelle can be a bit over helpful too at times. Once we found her sat in his car seat literally on top of him, another time she was sat on his back as he was crawling. Now she just lets her soft toys ride him. They play really nicely together now and she finds it hillarious that he is standing up and can follow her around the sofa like he's chasing her. It's cute!

Maria - I joined the gym! I stopped the military fitness as it was too cold and dirty but I love the gym, well actually I love the swimming pool, been 4 times in 6 days! Feel like I've improved loads already which is encouraging. I have to go in the evenings once Greg is back from work though so 7.30/45ish so that's the only tricky part.

The holidays all sound perfect, we need to so something more low key this year but no idea what. Are yours expensive? We are on a tight budget!

Annabelles back at nursery tomorrow too, she can't wait and not can I. Henry has decided that napping is for wimps and so is up all day long bar 2 20 min naps. Until a week ago he was sleeping 3 hours a day so this is not fun. He just stands in his cot talking, laughing and the shouting. I hope he loses interest in the standing thing and gets back to sleeping. It's hard work and he's so overtired. I need the time to sort house stuff out but he's not having it! Boys!!!

Gym sounds amazing Hann! I used to love going to the gym and for a swim (before I had Holly, it was our work gym), it's so nice! Much nicer than being out in the cold!

I got my treadmill so I'm very excited about that (and appalled at how unfit I am!), I'm going to aim for an hour every day with weekends off (I don't know if that's realistic or not, I find an hour a long time on my bike but I find that a bit boring).

I hope Henry starts to sleep a bit more for you Hann! It's hard when it stops you getting stuff done! Naomi was back to nursery today too (only 2 hours), so my friend and I took Holly and my friend's daughter (who is Holly's best friend) to Costa for a bit which was nice.

Our Cornwall holiday (when we book it!) is quite cheap- £160 Mon-Fri, it has a pool and entertainment etc but we are camping which is why it's so cheap(it's in the summer holidays). We're going to Disneyland at the end of March (just 5 days) so that's our expensive holiday this year really. We like to camp though so have a few cheap trips planned through the year. We're going away for a long weekend in Feb (we are borrowing the in-law's caravan for that though) with a few friends, then we're camping with friends in May, then hope to get to Cornwall in August (just us). We will probably go to the seaside campsite near us for a couple of weekends too if we can- it sounds a lot but it's really really cheap- obviously camping's not everyone's cup of tea though!

If you wanted something a bit nicer than camping though you could have a look at Spain or somewhere? A lot of people I know seem to get good package deals to places like that?

Mel you're off in July aren't you? That will be lovely, I love being by the sea!

I love hearing everyone's holiday plans- I really hate January so it helps with the post Christmas blues! :D

Hello all!

Aah it's so nice to hear everyone's holiday plans - maria i agree with you it makes January seem less depressing - even hearing OTHER people's plans haha. You have loads of stuff planned maria, that's so exciting. I really wish I liked camping as that would be a great cheap option, but i'm just not an outdoorsy person ;) We dont have any holidays planned but we'll def do something before i head back to work in March/April. Not sure what/where as we're on a budget yet i want to go somewhere hot!!

Hann is Henry cruising already?? Wow he is advanced! It's sweet to hear of them playing together. It's funny as i always felt that Leo was quite advanced but sophia is really behind all his milestones - eg he was sitting at 5 months and she still can't sit, she can barely roll over lol, Leo was chattering and saying baba dada etc at 6 months and Sophia just squeals. I think if it was my first i would stress about it but i'm so relaxed, I just feel she'll get there in her own time.

I'm thinking of getting a sleep trainer for Sophia. Her sleep is getting worse and worse! I can just about deal with it now but I wont manage when I go back to work. I found a highly recommended trainer who does a 2 hour consultation for £75 and puts in a plan for you - apparently it works wonders... I know throwing money at a problem is not always the answer, but I need to take some action, I'm permanently shattered.

Mel how did the work at the football club go? Sounds fab!

Caz, how's it going, are you back from your holiday yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->