Beach Bumps - July Rainbows

Brilliant sleeping Martha!! Is dream feeding feeding in her sleep? I can't do that with a boob ha plus im too scared incase I wake her and all hell will break loose! Right she's down-off to make food...or shower...hmmmm-food wins!! Merri I hope this is it for you girl..but if not ENJOY YOUR SLEEP!! I used to get annoyed with ppl saying this but you'll need it for labour plus its nice to get all that 'me' time in. It wont be long til I have an evening to watch my long list of recorded programmes im sure :) Gosh Fj...from 7 you have her down and your evening. .when did that start and any tips?!

Yep she's pretty much asleep. I pick her up and change her nappy, which wakes her a bit, but not entirely. Then I feed her. She has her eyes closed and is half asleep I think. Then wind her a bit and put her straight back down. I'm not sure about DFibg when BFing, but I think it can be done. I wonder when we lose the ability to sleep and eat at the same time!

We started when she was nearly 3 weeks, but only because she geared towards a 7pm feed that night anyway and then we always aimed for it. We do nappy off time at 6.20, which she loves! Then bath at 6.30, which she also loves. Then we massage at 6.45 in the bedroom. We have the lights low and try to make it as calm as possible. Then daddy/daughter time. Then he feeds her at 7. And puts her down after the feed. We then have our tea and listen to her grumble on the monitor. So far (FX) she has settled and I'm not sure what time she falls asleep, but I've checked on her at 8 and she's been asleep. Also sometimes I go to bed at 8.30 and she's flat out. I'm not an expert though and I'm sure we'll have bad nights!

xxx

Hello ladies! Hope you're all well!! I'm ok although we've had a tough week- wee man had been inconsolable for a few days- hardly sleeping and not letting me out him down.. Needless to say I'm exhausted. The health visitors thinks he has reflux and colic and he also constipated so we changed him to comfort formula yesterday and touch wood he's been so settled since!! Last night he slept from 10:30pm- 3:30am, quick bottle the back to sleep from 4am-8am! And he's also had an enormous poo!! So he must be feeling better. I also bought a new sling - baba sling- and it's amazing! He loves it and its made it so muh easier to do things when he's being fussy. Been reading "the wonder weeks" book on my kindle and its pretty good- I'd recommend.. I actually think this week man just had his first wonder week along with the colic.
Fj your routine sounds fab! We do bath time at 7:30 every night but other than that our routine is still a bit all over.. I'm hoping we get there now he's more settled.
Merri fab bump!!! I miss mine believe it or not! Are u still preggo?
A1983 beautiful pics! I use the infacol before each feed too although I don't think it's really doing much anymore. Hoping with this new milk though it won't really matter. I also bought gripe water yesterday which I might try if I need too.
Hope everyone's well!! Xxx

Well Nia hates bath times and nappy changes?! Anyone else's baby takes a dislike to these? :-( So Dolly do you wake your little one up at 7:30 for a bath if he's asleep? I find Nia most restless in the evening but today she's not slept much and just been feeding and restless so it changes. Who knows.

Fj you sound like you've got it handled fantastically-well done :) im very jealous! X

Maddix is work ! Lol he has severe reflux, an enormous umbilical hernia, and now bronchitis !! He only sleeps 1-2 hours at a time because he can only handle 2 ounces at a feeding !! Needless to say mommy is exhausted! He also has a soy and milk protein allergy :( so he is now on alimentum formula!!

He's usually awake- he's fairly alert at the time in evening. If he's not though I just wait until he next wAkes. I read that at this age the actual time doesn't matter (hour or two out doesn't make difference) it's just the actual routine that matters- so he always has bottle the bath, then cuddle time and sleep. Then he wakes for his bottle at 11ish then back to sleep. Jax hated the bath too initially but we persevered and have the bath water a bit Warmer for him (36-37degrees c) and now he loves it. However if we give him a bath before his bottle he hates it- hence bottle first for us. He still isn't keen on nappy off time though! Don't worry too much about routine though a1983, at this age babies are too wee to be in a routine properly. Just relax and go with flow it will all come together eventually. :)
Lvn u must be exhausted!! I thought every 3hrs was hard! Hope things get easier for u soon xxx

A1983 why don't u try a tummy tub- one of my friends recommended it to me.. Might make bubs feel more secure in bath and enjoy it more?

https://www.tummytub.co.uk/

I do Finn's bath in the mornings when he's more alert, usually after his second feeding. Like Dolly, I had to make the water a little warmer so he liked it, and it's better if I wait about 30 mins after he eats. I place a warm washcloth across his belly, and keep rewetting it so it stays warm, and I wash his hair and wipe his face right before I take him out as he doesn't care for that too much. He doesn't fuss much tho.

For our night time routine, I take him to bed for the last feeding, about 8-9pm usually. We do the side laying position, since I'm breastfeeding, so he lies down next to me and I pull him close and snuggly. I have the lights low, and I massage his back, tickle across his tummy and rub his legs while we are eating. I burp him once after about 15 mins, we switch sides and I keep nursing on that side til he falls asleep. If we get him swaddled and into his crib right away he will stay asleep. We also have a fan on for the white noise background in his room.

So far he's been sleeping better at night. I can let him go 4 hours between the 2 night time feedings. During the day when he's more awake he gets hungry about every 2 hours. I also take him outside at least once a day to get some sunlight. I never have him in direct light of course, I usually wait til late afternoon so the roof is shading our porch. I'll set him in his chair out there while I'm watering the plants or something. I think seeing daylight helps with their rhythms.

Here's a pic of him in his bath this morning.

LVN, you MUST be exhausted, poor dear. I had to give up gluten and dairy, and that seems to help with Finn's reflux. I also use gripe water if I pump and daddy gives him a bottle.

Attachments

• 2013-08-14 09.25.51.jpg
    2013-08-14 09.25.51.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 22
Thanks ladies-ill try those things.. having a tough day today-Nia just being whiney all day, feeding constantly and if she sleeps its only for about 30-45 mins. She has been doing 4 hour blocks. It just seems unless she's on the nipple or asleep she'll cry. I know moaning. Feel terrible for it too.

That is why I started the bath in the morning. Since he is more active during the day I think it distracts him so he isn't so fussy. Otherwise he was attached to me. And there are lots of kids on our culdesac, so I think the noise from them being outside playing, riding bikes, and cars going by, school busses, all that is also a good distraction for him when he sits on the porch.

Gorgeous Jess :) Jess/ladies how do you get the spoiler? Or for it just to show on one post? I've nearly finished my birth story but it's quite long so didn't want to post like this as it would take up a page ha ha!

Press the smiley face with the line through it I think or type [SPOLIER] [\SPOILER] (spelt wrong on purpose)!

xxx

Thanks Fj I will try that-btw, does anyone's baby sleep for a bit like 10 minutes then wake up screaming? Nia poor little thing seems to do this every other day-for hours...she does fart a lot which makes me think its wind but I haven't done anything different to other 'good days' and using infacol and gripe water. She just can't sleep and screams unless I feed her-which she does only for a bit as exhausted, then sleeps for 10 minutes, then screams-horrible cycle.

Sounds like reflux... But could just be colic. Jaxson has days like this too.. I switched milks which has helped a bit and using infacol.. I also make sure I feed him upright and keep him upright for at least 30mins after feeds, as well as burp him every 2-3mins during feeds and of course burp him when's he's finished. It's helped a bit. Speak to your health visitor though or gp xxx

Thanks Dolly-hv said babies this young don't get colic ir reflux and she's just having fussy days due to everything being new and wanting comfort, and being overtired. ..hmmm. I am feeding her upright and burp her often-sometimes she just cries and sometimes I get no burps. Poor baby, I cried today as just hate seeing her in pain and distressed-her little eyes all red from no sleep and crying. Those days she just eays and sleeps are wonderful-but I don't do anything different! I try to get her to sleep within one hour of waking-but obviously on these bad days that doesn't work for more than 10 minutes.

Another issue-I can see my pee hole! I think it may be a urethral prolapse! Off to drs on Monday-no symptoms, I just came across a second hole and its a lot lower than it should be :-( any similar stories?!

are you still bf A? I had to cut dairy out of my diet and it seems like little man spits up almost everything he eats on the mornings I've had eggs so this are next. I'll still eat mayo on my sandwiches or occasionally have pizza, but I drink almond milk now instead of dairy.

No spitting up-just crying every 10 minutes with her sleeping in between-so she falls asleep on her own then every 10 minutes cries, back to sleep etc etc and after about 30 minutes of this she let's rip both bottom and screaming. Just given her 5ml of gripe water and fed her upright (yep still bf) and burped loads-3 burps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->