Beach Bumps - July Rainbows

Pretty tired but lastvnightvhad an epic 8hrs sleep, not all in one go though, feeling human!

Amazing! I had six on Friday - it was amazing! Last night was a different story though!

xxx

yay for the good sleeps ladies. last night was rough. Finn had his jabs Friday and was out of sorts. :(

Aw poor Finn! Martha's got her next lot on 4th October :(

Xxx

Merri-Nia's skin is perfectly clear now :) it did get worse when she was hot/crying/fussing. I used breast milk on her face-don't know if it was that that helped but it's so common and goes by 6 weeks xx

Went to Boots today and stocked up on some teething granules and teething blankies. Martha's been drooling quite a lot, grinding her gums, her cheeks were quite rosy this morning and she had a bit of a looser poo yesterday. She's only 11 weeks so I'm not convinced she's teething, but best to be prepared!

Anyone else had this?

xxx

I got 6 Hours of straight sleep :) AAAAAMAAAZNNG!!!!lol finally! i REALLY hope it continues:) I am a Nurse, and I have done the research, but as a personal decision I have chosen not to give maddix any immunizations until he is 3.. He will never go to daycare, and will not go to school until he is 5-6 because sadly in our community preschool is only available to children who's families are under the poverty line or receive medicaid:(.

Yeah Nia is not having her vaccinations until around 1 year old after extensive research due to a family reaction..still going to get her vaccinated for meningitis as scheduled though.

It's your decision guys and I know you haven't taken it lightly!

Well done on the six hours sleep! xxx

Hi ladies! I haven't been in here in ages. Here are my twin rainbows (likely fraternal as they've always looked completely different to us).

Attachments

• ashaus.jpg
    ashaus.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 8
Gorgeous Amjon! How you finding double trouble?! :-D x

Thanks fj-it's been a blo*dy tough decision x

Awful night last night-poor bub had her before bed feed and just screamed from 7-11! I took her to out of hours gp who thought it might be reflux as was sick once too. ..tbh I really do think it's got something to do with missing one important burp then all hell breaks loose. I noticed she didn't bring a burp up like she normally would after a bit of a feed and cried instead so this also normally means 'oh my God why have you taken me off ive only just started!!' so I put her back but still no burp the second and third time..then I tried to put her down-she was drowsy but not settled so cried straight away. More feed/nipple and then gave gripe water on third waking/attempt to put in moses-whole flippin lot and milk came up. Then terrible screaming as I had to change all her clothes and wash her completely sick covered face-and me! Then the screaming just continued and what scared me was she looked terrified every time I put her down and she wasn't in my arms ie to change/swaddle etc, and in doing so she'd fling her arms out to sides and scream as if someone just threw freezing cold water on her-terrified. All I could think is something is happening to her inside that is really seriously wrong. I screamed at oh to hurry home (he finishes 9pm) and she calmed when being held but cried when we moved her etc-very upset and distressed/unrelaxed. Fell asleep on way to gp, calm at gp, on getting back oh gave her bottle of expressed milk as she cried again then on second attempt she slept from midnight to half 6. Im exhausted and need to go to dentist this am with her as wisdom tooth agony. So tired-im shaking. I cried so much last night too.

Is anyone not getting on too well with their oh? All we seem to do is bicker as to me everything he does annoys me. I'm super tidy and he therfore always seems to create mess in my eyes like leaving bottles in bedroom in morning instead of bringing them downstairs when he gets up and washing them up, dropping food on floor and 'not seeing it' so im left to clear it up..you get the gist...then yesterday morning (12-9 shift at work) he wanted to go for a run (he plays rugby and squash..I obv can't do any exercise atm as too busy/tired despite him saying I can and to go before he goes to work...ps I breastfeed her in morning!) so after feeding her yesterday morning whilst he sat and ate his breakfast-mine again soggy and cold, he then got ready whilst I changed Nia and he announces he's going for a run. I said 'you know that bit about you wanting to spend more time with your daughter, why don't you take her for a walk instead?!' He got annoyed and said he needed to get fit (he's a good rugby build but needs to work at keeping a tum away) I lost it. I shouted that id like to do loads of things but can't. Anyway he suggested we both exercise in garage with Nia in chair-poor Nia. The other thing is he wants to take her out some evenings to friends houses/bars/restaurants and not get back til late ie midnight and says she'll just sleep where she is. Anyone agree with this? I get so angry, shes 8 weeks old and needs a rroutine-plus it'll fall on me to settle her as I feed her and sometimes she only wants boob, not expressed bottle. We tried it last weekend and a flippin rock band started up-we had to leave as she screamed-obviously. We just seem to differ on every scale and he says im stopping him from doing anything he wants to do. Sorry for rant-hope it makes sense. Gosh im so tired.

Aw amjon they are so cute. How do u find looking after twins? Is it manageable when you are on your own at home??
Fj Jaxson has been drooling a lot and ramming his hands in his mouth constantly (and it's defo not due to hunger). I actually said the other day to someone that if I didn't know any better id presume he was teething too xxx

Aw a1983 sorry u are having a hard time!! I'm sure it will pass though, I have days like that with Jaxson-- just take it each day at a time. As for fighting with oh-- I'd say we probably do gripe a bit more at each other than we used to, probably as we are tired. I keep a lot to myself at times which doesn't help and I get annoyed that I do everything (and I mean everything) around the house and with the baby. He's working all day so makes sense, but sometimes I feel like I'd like a bit more appreciation, or maybe if he got up once and awhile and let me have a lie in. Anyways when I tell him these things he generally apologises and bucks up for awhile but always slips back. I don't think he means it I think he just.. Well he just doesn't think at times lol. He did say to me that he doesn't wanna argue though (we were never ones for arguing before) and he said I've to tell him when I'm annoyed or need something done as otherwise he won't realise. So I think communication is key. And as for routine- well we now bath baby between 6-7pm every night, followed by bottle.. And it's working out brilliant. Jaxson is much more settled, sleeping through till 5am after his bottle most nights. I think routine is important but everyone is different. We struggle to go out around teatime:evening due to jaxsons routine and not everyone understands, they think maybe we're boring I guess, but I still do plenty during the day or if we have a babysitter. Anyways we do go to friends houses occasionally in the evening as Jaxson can still have his routine there (bath bottle) and another compromise would be to go out after his bath as he can have bottle and sleep anywhere.. As long as the routine is the same baby doesn't really care where it takes place if u know what I mean? Dunno if any of that made sense!! Hope so! Xxx

Amjon - those vests are so cute! Yes they deffo look fraternal! They are sooooo cute!

A / it's o annoying when the burp doesn't come and then has repercussions for later until it's trumped out! I've had it too. It sounds like the wind was well and truly trapped. Martha has looked like she's fitting before and I've had to Twack her on the back and comfort her for hours after. So horrible!
:hugs: hope your tooth gets sorted.

Me and my OH have never fought so much! I sympathise!
I get wanting a routine too. Having the baby in bed by 7 does impact on the social life, but so worth it to have those couple of hours with OH and watch a bit of telly and have a conversation! Amazing!

The impact on your social life now will pay off in years to come when you have a toddler everyone wants to babysit!

xxx

Yep I agree with fj! Although it's possible to go out around teatime/evening it's such a hassle and most of the time just not worth it. Don't feel bad for not wanting to. The routine will be worth it and you'll have a happy baby xxx

Exactly ladies-I think it's the not worth the hassle part-as if she went down like Jaxon does and you know it's literally bath, bottle, bed without any issues it would be a bit easier. How do you get him to bed after friends houses? Ie if we transferred Nia from her moses at friend's house to car seat, back to moses she'd be fuming? Ie cry for an unknown time, hence not worth it!

Nia has been dribbling and lots of bubbles at mouth? Is this what you're babies have been doing?

We've only really done it the once (we were at my big sisters) and he fell asleep in his car seat after his bath and bottle.. And admittedly we left at that point. He slept all the way home and didn't wake when we transferred him into his bed. But I'd only really go out in the evenings if we had to.. Or if it was to my sisters house.. It is a big hassle admittedly! People forget and constantly invite me for dinner and I think the prob think I'm being rude when I keep refusing. I much prefer friends to come to me in the evening time. Xxx

The twins really aren't all that bad to care for. They're both good babies. Sometimes one has to wait while I finish with the other, but that's okay. We've gone out and been out past their bedtime and it was fine. They wake a bit when we get home and go to put them down, but a bit more of a bottle and they're usually right back out. (We didn't get home until about 11 last night and they are usually in bed by 9 or 10.)

Oooof AF is here and there is so much blood. It's like the bleeding after the birth.

:( I know a couple of you girls said yours were bad too. I thought I used to have heavy periods, but THIS is heavy. The MW says AF can be lighter after you have a baby... Humpfh!

xxx

Oooof AF is here and there is so much blood. It's like the bleeding after the birth.

:( I know a couple of you girls said yours were bad too. I thought I used to have heavy periods, but THIS is heavy. The MW says AF can be lighter after you have a baby... Humpfh!

xxx
I had really heavy with my stillborn but I'm pretty sure I had RPOC. This time it was very light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->