Beach Bumps - July Rainbows

I think I've got my af-red bleeding and nothing for a week prior so must be...and im bfing! But it's light-ie a padca day is enough...poor Dolly x But well done Jaxon! Keep us posted! Any tips? Nia did 8 hours the other night-amazing! But it's now about 6 hours from 8pm, then every 2 hours. I find it soooo difficult to get back to sleep as im waiting for her to wake up again.

We went shopping today and she slept the whole time in the sling! I just fed her from the sling by adjusting my boob and carried on shopping hands free! I'm not enjoying shopping for me atm though-I just like looking for Nia and I used to LOVE shopping!

Cutie pie Martha! Here is Nia having a big smile, melts my heart!

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/gfiijnalmo8pimb/UQrfRz8stb

Aw what a gorgeous pic a1983!! No tips I'm afraid it just kinda happened! Lol. But if it helps Jaxson was the same as nia up until last night- feed at 9pm then 2am, then every two hours. Think the only real difference was that he was an hour later having his feed in the evening. And it's possibly a fluke! Ill let u know tomorrow morning :winkwink: let's hope it wasn't a fluke! Xxz

Well done Jaxson! Boooo AF! I'm still waiting for mine - feel like I've had PMS on/off for two weeks and really bad joint pains.

Martha was laughing and giggling for ages after her jab. Then she was really, really sleepy. When she woke for her next feed, she screamed and screamed and screamed. Had feed. Screamed and screamed. Needed constant cuddles to fall asleep. Deffo get someone else round to help! She had the jabs at 10.30 started feeling rubbish before her 1pm feed. Then had a massive poo at 4.45 and was fine after that. I gave her some calpol at 4 because she was screaming and getting herself into a tizz. She slept fine last night though even though she had loads of sleep in the day. Phew!

Nia is beautiful! I love the smiles so much!

Hope all you girls are well! Feel like our babies are growing so quickly!

Anyone else got joint pain? I've never had it before and it's pretty constant and only been happening the past couple of weeks. It's probs tiredness and Martha getting heavier! She's now 9 1/2 lbs!

xxx

I've got joint pain fj - mostly my knees.. And my legs sometimes feel achey.. Almost like "growing pains" I used to get when I was younger. I figured it was tiredness. Glad Martha back to normal adter her jags- and pleased to hear it only seemed to last a day. I'm still dreading jaxsons jags though!
9 and a half is brill! She's filling out nicely. :) Jaxson is getting huge too- He was 11lb 14oz last fri! Think I'm gonna have one big lad! Haha xxx

Yes knees and legs - that's it exactly! Feel like they're going to buckle under my weight! Sometimes I get up and properly can't walk - feel like 100 years old!
MIL suggested it could be my ligamrnts getting back to normal after pregnancy?

Wow Jax is deffo thriving ! Well done! My GP said Martha is above average in length and head circumference (big head :haha:) but below average for weight. i'm not bothered as long as she's gaining weight that's all I care about. It's all relative! If I start getting fixated on her weight gain through her childhood surely that encourages her to worry about her weight throughout her life? It's bad enough being a girl... I really want to try to encourage positive self image for my little girl - not be hung up on body image like I can be!

Erm don't know how that turned into a rant :haha:

Yeah as long as Martha's gaining I wouldn't worry, she just likes to keep trim ;-) Nia is a fatty-11lb 8 on Thursday....!! She loves her food a bit too much!

I've been getting pains in my wrists anf terrible neck, upper back ache and headaches but think that's a lot from bfing. Well Nia slept from 8pm-4:30am and just put her down again :) Having to pump though as boobs so painfully full-that's one good thing about not bfing-not waking up at 4am soaked in your breast milk and feeling like you've just had implants 10 sizes too big! Ohh the pain! I've found if Nia sleeps a lot in day she sleeps better at night-but day sleeps are hit and miss as only has long periods when out and about in sling for hours which is NOT daily!! I like to get her to bed by 8 so I have a bit of an evening as im asleep by 9:30! My sister and 2 older neices are over atm and we had lots of wine last night-lovely!

Well done Nia for sleep and weight gain! Aw a nice bit of wine! How nice!

Ooooh engorgement is so uncomfortable / there's nothing like it and I only had it for a week or so!

Isn't it sad when you have to pack a lot if their newborn stuff away? Martha's growing out if it mostly by length rather than width. People keep buying 3-6 and I have been thinking, "oh it'll be ages until she wears that" but actually she's nearly 2 months do she could fit into some of it in a couple of weeks! Eeep!

xxx

Oh I love reading about your.babies sleeping well a d packing on The weight! Gives me hope! These past few days well week really have been hard work! Mahayla has been so hungry and having huge hissy fits not sleeping etc. Mw have us feeding 2hrly, expressing for 10minns then topping up with formula because my milk production has been fluctuating. Shes barely gained since birth not below 10% luckily but its made me so sad especially supplementing her bfing :(

Dont we have cute red haired girlys!
How long did you all bleed for? A month or less?
Dumb question but how often did you bath you babies In the early days. Also when did you start using baby wash? Whe. Do you do it night or morning? I cant seem to find a good time! She loves it but shes either asleep eating or crying! Do t know when to fit it In!

She will gain that weight - she's only learning to eat and how to use that energy! She'll get there! You would feel guilty whatever situation you were in! It is the mums job to feel awful and useless! You're doing fab though! Topping up with formula is like us having berocca - just that little boost. I'm sure your production will start matching her demand soon!

Felt like I bled forever! Had to buy maternity pads and ask visitors to bring some! I think it was over a month. What a drag - especially in the hot weather!

In the very early days we didn't bathe her much. She had an example bath in hospital, then we bathed her a few days later. She lived it do much we decided to bathe her everyday, even though they say not too. It calms her though! We started using some bath wash with lavender in it to promote sleepiness. Think she was about 3/4 weeks? We use cradle cap shampoo for the last couple if dats cos we noticed some dry weird looking skin and thought best use it - even if it's just to prevent cradle cap.

We bath Martha at 6.30. Then take her to bedroom and massage her with lavender baby massage oil. Then dress her and have quiet cuddle time. Then feed at 7 then we put her down for bed.

Hope that helps. I'm sure MJ says she bathes in the morning, but it's whatever works for you. My HV said it's fine to bathe everyday.

xxx

Thanks fj its good to hear whatveveryone 3lse is doing, we have no routine at all yet but she is keepi g me so busy I dont know how I would even try to have a routine! Her bed time is aweful she is soooo hungry at night I need to give her both boobs and formula and she still acts hungry :( 10pm-2pm are her worst times. She squeals so loudly if I try to wind her! At least the top ips have stpped her relentless crying thst was almost the end of me! Im sure things will get easier now it may be that bfing just isnt for us. Shame coz I wanted to do right by her but I really dont love it, I dont get the loved up feeling just irritable!

Ohhh yes we were the same, but then at nearly 4 weeks Martha put herself on this routine. Don't worry there is light at the end of the tunnel! Mahayla will get there!

We've been having a difficult time this weekend. Martha is screaming half way through her feed after being winded. We changed to the number two tear and that miraculously solved the problem for one feed, but same started again. It's been a fight in every bottle and she!/ gone from talking 100ml nearly every feed to 60/70ml! So frustrating. Although she took 100ml at her 11pm dream feed.

Anyway I've been up since 3.30 to do her 4am feed and she's still asleep! *twiddles thumbs*

It's up to you hun, you could carry on BFing and get through it or change to formula and hopefully ease the pressure. Either decision is valid and whatever you decide will be best for her, you and your little family.
xxx

merri, I echo what fj said. the first few weeks are survival! Finn did the same thing at night with what I called his feeding frenzies. but at the end of week 5 he slept 7 hours one night. it really started getting better end of week 3 leading into week 4. now my favorite timesare the last night and first morning feedings. and it was kinda him that got the routine going too. I took him out for a little daylight everyday. even if it was just standing on the patio with him for awhile to try to help him learn day from night.

I had my 6 wks ck up last thurs he said eveything looks great I am not anemic and I got a prescription for the mini pill. I am going to start it as soon as af shows. I think that is when you start it has been so long I cannot remember lol. Is it bad I am kinda hoping for an oops on the pill :blush: however not for at least 6 months to a yr. :winkwink: Dh still says were done however he says it can change but it will be a very long time. We had initally talked about having 2 no more then 2 to 3 yrs apart but now he says longer:dohh:. We dtd 2x before the appt however he pulled out both times and he does not pre cum, he is pretty good about pulling out.

My little man is 7 wks today and ( I don't want to jinx it) so far no af. I am still Bf but only in moring and night and supplement during day. He also usually gets a boob and bottle before bed and try to bf some during night when I wake up but he mostly gets a bottle then. I keep falling asleep in the glider. He was crying at 3:30 this morning and I woke up to feed him. Gave him the boob (so he would quit crying) till I got the bottle fixed. Kept falling asleep feeding him. Thin I burped him and fell alseep and woke up at 5:30 in the glider and he was alseep too lol :dohh:

He was really bad stuffy the night before last. He did not cry but I could hear him struggling to breathe on the monitor and got up to check on him. I sat him up right in the glider with me and that seemed to help a little. I tried to suction and got a big booger out. In the process of all this he began pooping which was fine since the afternoon before he pooped a quarter size peice that was very hard. Then he did the same again. I decided to delute his formula a little (only by 1/2 a scoop than what it calls for I know not suppose to do that) I also bf him a good bit that day too. One of those helped b/c that night it started out hard then was like it had been and even went to yellowish and seedy all in one poop:dohh:. I am back doing the regular amount in his formula however I have been able to bf more then I have been the past few weeks. I am taking fenugreek pills but not drinking much water (I know I need to :blush:).

He has also been going through a growth spurt (at least I think so b/c he went though one at 5 1/2 wks so its kinda soon) but the night before last on his put down for the night bottle he at 4 oz then still cried so he at 2 more oz and he still cried so I gave him 2 more oz so a total of 8 oz :shock: then the next day the babysitter gave him 2 6 oz bottles and a 7 oz where he usualy has a total of 10 to 12 oz the whole time he is over there he had 19 that day :shock: (had to been a growth spurt). I weighed him the other day I think it was Fri and measured him not officially but on my own on my scale and with a yard stick:haha: at birth he was 7 lbs 8 oz fri he was 6 wks 3 days 9 lbs 10 oz and at birth he was 19 1/2 inches and fri he was 23 to 23 1/2 inches (I had been saying for a week that he looks like he had grown 4 inches since he was born). :shock: I am HOPING he is tall when he grows up. dh is 5' 10" but his dad is 6 ft I am 5' 6" my dad was over 6 ft so hopefully he gets his hight from my side.

Shots are coming up soon (2month appt on 23rd). I have been debating on what to do. I called and asked which ones he was suppose to get for this visit (keep in mind I am in US). They said the DTaP, IPV, Hep B, prevnar, Hib and roto (oral). What is crazy is that if you look back at the shots you got they have added like 15 new shots (I only had 3!!! DTP, MMR, and polio (oral at time)) I did have measles around 3 or 4 yrs though. Never had chicken pox and I don't think I had the shots. I read to start school he has to have the DTaP, IPV, Hep B, MMR and chicken pox. I am going to give him the DTaP, IPV, Hep B, and MMR (when its time). THe chicken pox I am going to try to find a chicken pox party before school starts. I also want to try to delay the shots till him immune system has had a chance to mature alot more. I did not get a flu shot when pregnant and don't get them when not pregnant either but I am usually sick once or twice a yr (not flu just cold of some sort). I did not get sick once when pregnant. The roto and the prevnar are just to new to give to him ( I will let them work out the kinks first), and the Hib I did not get it and I turned out fine (not good reasoning I know).

Hey ladies!! Hope everyone's good! Just been catching up on all the gossip! Sounds like all our bubbas are growing well! Jaxson had his first jags today.. I was dreading it but he was so good! He's been really sleepy since he got them.. Only waking for milk.. Hope he sleeps ok tonight!
Merri don't feel bad about giving up breast feeding you've done so well to do it up until now. Just U do wat u feel is right for you.. Don't feel guilty! I felt sad I didn't manage to breast feed longer (only lasted 1.5days!) but tbh I'm glad im formula feeding.. It was the right choice for me. Don't worry too much about routine either.. Baby will fall into one naturally in time. We bath Jaxson at night just cause its easier for us and we're both at home to do it (hubby and I like to bath him as a team lol.) we bath him every night but only cause he loves it so much and I feel he expects it now. We use burts bees products on his skin and hair and have had no probs so far!
Fj I had similar problem with Jaxson last week but it was because he had the cold so i figure it was either sore throat or blocked nose spoiling his feeds.. However if its not that casting the problem maybe it's reflux or wind?? Or maybe a wonder week?? Hope bubs is back to normal soon for you I'm sure it will pass.
Monro it defo sounds like a growth spurt! Hmm I think it's gonna be an innie but hard to tell!
Hope everyone is doing well! Xxx

Can't believe there's so many redheads on the thread!.. Jaxson has lovely red/auburn hair too although its not always clear in pics. Must be the year for redheads! :) xxx

View attachment 671139

Good update monro! :) I don't know what contraceptive to have. I know I don't want the pill because I couldn't have the combined pill and the mini gave me terrible acne... Hmmm... What's everyone else doing? Abstinence? Ha!

9 weeks and no AF and no DTD either. Just not ready yet...

Can't tell whether that's an inny or outy! Think they tend to be innys these days!

Hope Jaxson is well after his jabs Dolly! Martha slept fine the night she had hers! Think they need it to recover!

Martha's much better (touch wood). Yesterday she drained all her bottles! First time she's done that ever! Must have gotten used to the new teat and we started using gripe water instead if infacol. Then last night she slept after her 7pm feed until 11 (dream feed) then slept until 5.30! Not sure she'll do the same tonight cos she's eaten less today (but a good amount still). Phew!

Awww gingers rule! We're going extinct so thank God we're populating the nation! Jaxson is gorgeous!
Hope all are well!

xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 3
Aw what a gorgeous pic fj! We started using gripe as well- did u know te infacol can actually cause/contribute to heartburn and reflux? Whereas gripe has a mild antacid effect so much better I think. Jaxson has been sleeping like a log. He's been taking his milk ok up until just now, but he only took 1oz of his bedtime bottle then fell asleep. His temp was up at 37.8 so just gave him some calpol. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->