Beach Bumps - July Rainbows

Ahh cool thanks I cant find time but that makes sense!

I had a worrying time yesterday, may was crying and crying and sweating and feeding constantly, I was so tired from a bad night I had to give her to jason and his mum to care for while I slept. Well while I was sleeping they fed her 6oz of milk and jasons mum noticed her fontenel was depressed meaning she was dehydrated, I felt so aweful! We had been out In the sun and she was sweaty in the car too I just didnt think! Plus noone ever told me to check her head! Needless to say I've been getting extra liquid into her today, shes sooo much happier! There really is sooo much to learn :(

Ahhh bless you Merri-you're right, there is SO much to learn. I don't know if im repeating myself but this seems a new issue-when I put Nia to bed at night no matter how she's been in the day, when I breast feed her (as I always do) something goes wrong! So she's in her babygrow, lights dimmed etc, she's her normal self, latches on...then she comes off after a couple of secs as milk comes down and SCREAMS! I initially thought it was a forceful letdown as it squirts out-but that doesn't bother her any other time. She latches back straight away but screams again-like it tastes horrendous for example. I swap her to the other less full side where the let down is slower and she still screams, repeatedly coming off and because she's distressed she's gagging and swallowing air-I can hear the tummy gurgles. I then hold her to calm her and try again-latches on straight away-by the third attempt she finally suckles peacefully (with red teary eyes :-( ) and from then on all is fine-she sometimes smiles but within minutes her eyes are closed and 10-20 mins later she's fast asleep and I put her to bed. I also wind her-if I try and wind her during the screaming she screams even more. Sooo-I catch squirting milk into muslin-makes no difference, burping never seems to be the issue as sometimes doesn't burp but settles fine (and then sleeps for 9 hours!)...I just do not know what's wrong with her but it happens every evening without fail?!

I think we need some more pics posting of our babies! :) x

Oh dear merri - it's easily done! Especially when you think we 're getting this lovely weather and it's October ! I remember noticing the fonatnelle pulsating once and I looked it up . Whenever I see it, it makes me feel sick ! I guess it's a reminder just how vulnerable she is. It does turn my stomach though!

BD - my Mum and Mil Are dying for me to wean Martha now she's 3 months! It's so difficult when HVs say otherwise! I've let her taste banana, satsumsa, and raisin just by putting the juice on her lips . What is everyone else doing about weaning?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 3
My CS scar is still painful at times so I would assume one down there could be as well. The OB told me it will never be "normal" again but I'll get a new normal. I'm about to go for surgery again so hopefully that won't be too bad. They don't know if they can do laparoscopic or have to fully open me up yet though.

A1 its a wierd one I must admit I have no clue why shes doing that in the evenings maybe it is fast and scares her?? I know May sometimes chokes on fast flow but never screams just looks aghast! It may be that she did it once then it started a pattern?
I wont wean until shes 5months or if shes interested before she can start then

Oh FJ, what a chummy little cutie. She is a sweetheart.

A-Finn did that some at night too. That is when he gets his hungriest, so sometimes I start feeding him "early" by 15 minutes or so, or go in at the first hunger sign. That is the big feeding before he has his long sleep, so I think he just got really worked up about getting it. Or maybe it was a fast let down or some other issue that he outgrew. It is so hard to know with these little bubbas sometimes!

Oh dear merri - it's easily done! Especially when you think we 're getting this lovely weather and it's October ! I remember noticing the fonatnelle pulsating once and I looked it up . Whenever I see it, it makes me feel sick ! I guess it's a reminder just how vulnerable she is. It does turn my stomach though!

BD - my Mum and Mil Are dying for me to wean Martha now she's 3 months! It's so difficult when HVs say otherwise! I've let her taste banana, satsumsa, and raisin just by putting the juice on her lips . What is everyone else doing about weaning?

Mine won't be getting anything until 6 months+. I have considered trying a few drops of water though.

MJ - love the new pic! How's being back at work?

I suppose my thinking about weaning early is that with BFing babies get different flavours and consistencies. With Formula it must be so boring to have the same thing every day!

xxx

my ped goes more by if the baby is ready, and asked us not to till his 4 month appt. then if he has good neck control, can sit up good in the high chair, and can thrust his tongue side to side and front to back she'll have us try cereal and pureed food. usually she had babies weaning between 4 and 6 months, and if bf continuing one or two feedings a day if possible till they are a year.

I try to eat lots of different stuff since I'm bfing. I think letting her taste stuff makes sense.

Cute pics mj what a handsome chappy!
Yes I heard here they are changing the age of weaning again back to 4months, but I think its sensible to wait until they can sit unassisted, hold up head and obviously should be keen to try it themselves not forcing the issue.
I dont imagine they get bored of formula they know no different and plus there is everything in it that they need to develop healthily (bar the sugar!) Its more important that they are getting all the nutrients and minerals etc they need shile they are doing their growing. Plenty of time to wean, normally they chose to on their own anyway.

Who didnt get baby immunized at 8wks? Was it A1? How did you go about telling healthcare workers and were they difficult? I want to wait until may is bigger, plus she is still mucussy and I dont thi k its a good idea to give them whilst she's not 100%.

Had her 6wk appointment today 6.6wks! All's well appart from her snot got saline e to try seemedto shift it a bit any ideas how long it might take to clear it up?
Hope everyone is happy and well
Heres our girly

Attachments

• 6wks 5days-1.jpg
    6wks 5days-1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 5
https://db.tt/w7vCn6f1

Awwww Merri I can't get over the hair-it's amazing! ♥ All the babies are so cute! Here's Nia looking completely fed up&tired!

So the hv said the evening crying is very common and just them being overwrought with tiredness/unable to calm themselves down! But the other thing is this, ive probably mentioned it before-Nia sometimes takes 4 attempts to finally go to sleep at night-so I feed her, put her down asleep (sometimes a bit awake) but she'll wake up and so I repeat the boob and finally between 2-4 goes she stays asleep?! She's a nightmare for sleeping in the day too-will not go down anywhere if sleepy, unless it's the sling or pram. Anyone similar/tips? I've tried most things im sure.

The health staff were fine Merri-it's my decision, but then I have a good reason in their eyes-but any mother if she wants to wait is a good reason-it's her baby. Hope that makes sense im rushing as about to put Nia down for 3rd attempt and starving!!!!!

A- I have to swaddle Finn if I really want him to sleep. During the day I put him in a vibrating chair and rock it till he goes to sleep, then leave him in there and he'll cat nap. But if he has gas, poops, or hears something that makes him startle, he's wide awake. I couldn't use the link for your piccy.

We only swaddle him at night, and since he can't move as much he'll go to sleep on his own when we lie him down and stay asleep longer. Sometimes we have to restart his mobile a few times at night, but he hardly gets back up.

Merri, I use saline when Finn is warm in his bath and then suck it out with a nosefrida. It's seemed to help more than the bulb did. And OH EM GEE That hair. It's killing me. I love it.

Shes lush A1! Love her chunky little fists!
Mahayla is tricky to put down too. I only managed to put her in her cot for her nap this morning for the first-time! I haven't managed to get her to self settle yet. Her dad is good at getting her to sleep but she has to be totally gone before she goes down, I get lots of nights pacing with her but generally she is asleep by 11pm. Gotta go pump she got my boobs out of synch! harrah!
Oh yes mj swaddling is amazing! Sometimes I just put her in my bed and shes fast asleep in no time!

Yes I heard here they are changing the age of weaning again back to 4months, but I think its sensible to wait until they can sit unassisted, hold up head and obviously should be keen to try it themselves not forcing the issue.
I dont imagine they get bored of formula they know no different and plus there is everything in it that they need to develop healthily (bar the sugar!) Its more important that they are getting all the nutrients and minerals etc they need shile they are doing their growing. Plenty of time to wean, normally they chose to on their own anyway.

Who didnt get baby immunized at 8wks? Was it A1? How did you go about telling healthcare workers and were they difficult? I want to wait until may is bigger, plus she is still mucussy and I dont thi k its a good idea to give them whilst she's not 100%.

Had her 6wk appointment today 6.6wks! All's well appart from her snot got saline e to try seemedto shift it a bit any ideas how long it might take to clear it up?
Heres our girly

We did only Hib at the boys 8 week, but I won't be gettung that again. I'm thinking none of the 4 month shots. It's a bit different here than the UK though as we have no HV.

Why won't you be getting it again Amjon?

Thanks ladies, it's reassuring to know im not the only one Merri-but Nia is older ha ha. Btw how do you pronounce your baby's name? It's probably so obvious and im being dumb!

I do swaddle Nia at night, I think it does work but it still takes up to 4 attempts but she'll finally stay asleep. Last night was three, then like clockwork (recently-she did go longer before) at 2am she'll wake and feed...then again at 4&6??? My oh had her last night til 6am as I really needed a break&some sleep. He said she cried at 4&6 but wouldn't take the bottle-instead farted and went back to sleep in his arms? She's down this 4&6am waking for 2 weeks now-sometimes worse (bearing in mind she'll be put down after her feed about 3am) but again doesn't want much food from me at those times. ..so it's not food and surely we don't have to get up to help her fart????!! I want to go back to when she slept well at night!!! :-( As for day time sleeping im really at a loss...we have the vibrating chair too but as she wakes up once being put in it/awake already as we put her in it she'll just look around and cry-or if we rock, stroke face etc she'll still protest. :-/

Why won't you be getting it again Amjon?

Thanks ladies, it's reassuring to know im not the only one Merri-but Nia is older ha ha. Btw how do you pronounce your baby's name? It's probably so obvious and im being dumb!

I do swaddle Nia at night, I think it does work but it still takes up to 4 attempts but she'll finally stay asleep. Last night was three, then like clockwork (recently-she did go longer before) at 2am she'll wake and feed...then again at 4&6??? My oh had her last night til 6am as I really needed a break&some sleep. He said she cried at 4&6 but wouldn't take the bottle-instead farted and went back to sleep in his arms? She's down this 4&6am waking for 2 weeks now-sometimes worse (bearing in mind she'll be put down after her feed about 3am) but again doesn't want much food from me at those times. ..so it's not food and surely we don't have to get up to help her fart????!! I want to go back to when she slept well at night!!! :-( As for day time sleeping im really at a loss...we have the vibrating chair too but as she wakes up once being put in it/awake already as we put her in it she'll just look around and cry-or if we rock, stroke face etc she'll still protest. :-/
They had bloody stool that night and the next day (and a rash), so I'm not risking it again.

You pronounce her name ma- hay- la! Ma like man.
Sleep is deffinately an issue but she might be leaping A1? May is very eeded at the mo, maybe breastfed babies just are? Lastnight I put her in my bed because everytime I put her in her moses basket she rolled around reaching for me. As soon as she was in my bed she slept, ony reaching out to check there was A warm mummy twice in night, she slept 3am-7.30am had ten min feed slept until 8.40 and is feeding now!

How are peoples joints? I had spd whilst preggers and that improved ten fold since birth but lately , y pelvis hurts again especially when I wake up all between my legs. Maybe im walking too far ? Iike to try to get out once a day.

Heres our girly

I did not and will not vaccinate. The only vaccination maddix received was the hep b at birth, and thats because he was in the nicu and hour and half away. as long as you have done your research, I say it is YOR choice and your the mommy! Luckily for me, I am a nurse, and my Pedi knows I am, and fully aware. He does not give me trouble at all, my son has autism, and I feel it may be connected. For me, if there is even a slight, tiny chance it could be I will protect him. Plus maddix will never go to daycare, and will not go to school until he is 5.

Well against my best efforts maddix has RSV! brother brought it home from preschool:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->