Bed Guards

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
https://i21.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/eb/e5/b184_1.JPG
Is this bed guard enough or would you buy another on top?

https://i3.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/0b/a1/ee11_1.JPG

I always used one of the ones in the second pic hun x

The bed pictured is the one I'm getting - it has guards but wondering if to use an extra one or not :D x

I would use another guard if little one moves around alot in their sleep it gives abit more added safety x

I never had a guard :lol: so had carly fall out abit but she soon got used to knowing there was nothing there to stop her falling.
But my mum has the second one but imo i dont see a problem with just have the cot bed with the gaurd iether side!

Yeah it's lovely and Caitlin loves it too.

We got teh foam mattress and we left the plastic covering on to for when we're potty training her to keep the mattress protected. We paid £99 from Littlewoods for I think and it will definately last her till she's about 5 or 6.

The only problem is we couldn't find a quilt small enough to fit it lol so we've just got a normal quilt and it's kinda doubled over.

And it's easy to assemble too!

Here's Caitlin's

https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/kutiekelly2004/DSCF3410.jpg

I'm the same as Kay i never bothered with a bed guard for me it was a case of Kieran getting too used to it being there, He fell out twice in the first week and hasn't since.

But then again Caitlin may be abit younger, when are you planning on putting her in it?? Before #2 is born or when LO grows out of Moses.

I put Kieran into a bed at 2years, so if your planning on doin it around then maybe not bother or see how you go, if she's falling out of bed alot get one.
One thing i did do is just when i first put kieran in the bed is fold a spare single duvet and put it on the floor, so if he did fall wouldn't be as bad x

We put Caitlin in when she was about 1 1/2 coz it was easier for us when we moved to put her straight into a bed, but some kids are older, some are younger. When were you thinking of putting her in?

It depends on why you are putting Caitlin into the bed I think.

We got a bed guard like the 2nd one for Charlotte but that's because I didn't want her to think she could just get out of bed if she felt like it and because she seemed so young to go from a cot to a bed. She's fallen out a couple of times even with the bed guard but its so low to the ground it's impossible for them to do any damage really.

If I'd felt that she was ready for a bed and would stay put, other than being able to climb out, I wouldn't have bothered with a guard at all.

Actually, despite all of that, aside from a couple of times early on, she does stay put.

rhys has that bed too, we;ve never put up a second guard

We got a bed guard like the 2nd one for Charlotte but that's because I didn't want her to think she could just get out of bed if she felt like it and because she seemed so young to go from a cot to a bed. She's fallen out a couple of times even with the bed guard but its so low to the ground it's impossible for them to do any damage really.

If I'd felt that she was ready for a bed and would stay put, other than being able to climb out, I wouldn't have bothered with a guard at all.

Actually, despite all of that, aside from a couple of times early on, she does stay put.
I'm not putting her in now but because I'll be doing the room up may as well get it sorted properly as babies will be sharing :D

I would like Caitlin in the bed when baby #2 moves to cot so maybe around 18 months old - is that too soon?

Its a thinking and organising ahead thing :blush:

Caitlin was in a bed at 18 months and someone I know had her little boy in a bed at 14 months! So I don't think it's too early as long as you think they are ready xx

I am looking at a similar bed for Bethanie, and we wouldn't put up an extra guard unless she kept falling out. I think that will be fine, toddler beds are tiny anyway.

I'm not putting her in now but because I'll be doing the room up may as well get it sorted properly as babies will be sharing :D

I would like Caitlin in the bed when baby #2 moves to cot so maybe around 18 months old - is that too soon?

Its a thinking and organising ahead thing :blush:

Nah, Charlotte was 15 months. I did a thread a little while back and loadsa folks had their LOs in beds pretty early.

Lemmie see if I can find it...

... https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-toddler-club/poll-329-age-your-lo-they-went-into-proper-bed.html

We got a wooden Winnie The Pooh guard for Laurens 1st bed but that was because it was a divan so very high.

Lauren and Abi are in bunk beds now and Abi doesn't have a guard....it's fairly low anyway. She's fell out a few times but usually lands on her bedding coz we tuck her bedding in tight on the outside of the bed and she throws her pillow on the floor:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->