bed sharing parents...how did you get baby out of your bed?

fashionlover

Reaction score
Been bed sharing with my baby for 5.5 months and I absolutely love it! Seems to be the best way to get some sleep and feed my baby. However, I know she will eventually have to get in her crib. I have started introducing her crib for all naps. She protests but I eventually get her down. I am not a fan of the cry it out method and really want to gently get her into the swing of sleeping in her crib. Any tips? Keep in mind I am exclusively breastfeeding at the moment.:thumbup:

We went away for christmas and came home boxing day. That night she went in her cot in her room. First few nights putting her down took a while. I'm still up to feed her 3+ times a night. She doesn't come in our bed till 7am. The past few days its started to get easier and she's going down without a fight. x

We have started putting him down in his cot at the beginning of the night. First off he co-slept after first feed and soon I'll make him wait till 2nd feed and so on.

Alice asked for her own room when she was 2. Very easy transition :D

Why will she "eventually have to get in her crib?" We never bought a crib and don't plan to buy a crib for our next one either. Our plan is to let our kids (only one of whom currently exists) decide on their own, when to leave the family bed.

We moved LO to her own crib at 10 months because bedsharing was becoming a nightmare. We started by putting her to sleep in her crib and then bringing her into bed with us again after the first time she woke up. We did that for a while and then gradually started leaving her in her crib for more time overnight. So instead of taking her into bed after she woke up, we'd get her back to sleep in the crib. We'd then take her back to bed after the second time she woke, and so on. Until eventually we were putting her back to sleep in her crib after every waking, until morning. It took a while but was a pretty smooth transition.

I didn't have any luck with naps whatsoever until she was over a year old, so you might want to think about starting with bedtime. :) I found it much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->