Bed 'time'

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
So I spent most of last night awake worrying what to do with Chloe. She doesnt really have a set bedtme. I just take her up once she has fallen asleep - which is around 10-10:30 usually. She always sleeps right through once she has gone to sleep.

Do I need to start setting a bedtime? I'm worried that I'm asking for trouble in the future, once she is sleeping in her own room we intend to get a proper routine established but I'm not sure what I should do for the time being.

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated

i take jack up for a nap at around 8 he then wakes up around 9 is fed and changed/bathed and is back to sleep around 930-1000. he then sleeps until 530-600 xxx

She's only 2 months old! Caitlyn has a "kind of" routine but she doesn't have a set one. She is a baby and she will dictate her routine to me untill she can understand why I'm making her go to bed at a certain time.

She's only 2 months old! Caitlyn has a "kind of" routine but she doesn't have a set one. She is a baby and she will dictate her routine to me untill she can understand why I'm making her go to bed at a certain time.

Thats kinda what I have been thinking. She very rarely sleeps in the evening until she sleeps for the night at 10. I guess this is because she isnt tired! Trying to make her sleep before she's tired would just upset everyone wouldnt it? Plus once a week she's at my parents for the evening so it wouldnt work then.

She has a routine in that she always has a bath, bottle and settles to bed around 10 and sleeps til 6:30-7. She's happy, we're happy....... I just occasionally get these doubts that I'm not doing it right. I suposse thats normal though, lets be honest, I dont know what I'm doing really, I'm still learning!!

sounds to me like ur all doing well and she a happy girl i wouldnt worry x

Caitlyn will sleep from 5pm untill 7pm and then be awake untill 10-11pm now. Her routine keeps changing but luckily she always stays in bed untill the morning!

'if it ain't broke don't fix it...' !!!!!!!!!!

she's sleeping through, at the moment she likes the 'routine', if i were in your shoes i'd leave it well alone! you must be very well rested?
ps how does she go to sleep, alone, rocked, laying, feeding?

My LO has quite a strict bedtime routine and see seems quite happy with it. She sleeps as she pleases throughout the day but 9pm is bathtime, bottle and bed. Usually in bed by 10pm if not earlier on most nights.

However, we are tweaking it a little so that bathtime is at 8. Trying to do it a little earlier every day. She slept til 9:30 today

xxx

I worry about not having Ally in so much of a routine too. We don't even have the bath thing down. I keep telling myself it's best if he dictates it himself and things'll work out eventually.

'if it ain't broke don't fix it...' !!!!!!!!!!

she's sleeping through, at the moment she likes the 'routine', if i were in your shoes i'd leave it well alone! you must be very well rested?
ps how does she go to sleep, alone, rocked, laying, feeding?

Dring the day she tends to fight sleep so if I know she needs to sleep i will rock er in my arms and she'll doze off, at night she will go to sleep herself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->