Before a baby list...

DoctorMommy

Reaction score
First of all, let me introduce myself! I'm a 28 year old female with babies on my mind :) MY hubby and I have both finished professional school, we own a house (with a spare bedroom), finances are settled, and we are incredibly lucky that everything is basically set up for growing our family.

We are in no hurry at this point to start trying. There are so many things to do, places to see, and experiences to be had together and as individuals before we bring a baby into the mix.

What did you or do you wish you would have done before having your babies?

I need to finish uni (in March!) and get a job before I can think about having a baby. I would like to get a bit healthier - lose some weight and get fitter, which isn't going too bad, except the last 2 days I have been to the petrol station on the way home and got my dinner from there, which isn't good.

I'm hoping to sell my house - it is going on the market at the end of the month, but I doubt there is any chance of it selling soon, the housing market still seems quite slow around here.

And I'm still hoping my dogs will be better trained before I get pregnant - they're not too bad, they're finally growing up at 3 years of age!

I am terrified at the thought my list is getting smaller and smaller!
Biggies for me were graduating with honours - I fell pregnant about in summer 2012, and was due to graduate in June 2012, so was due my baby in March 2012 - meaning I wouldn't be able to graduate. After miscarrying I was determined to finish uni, which I managed!
Next biggie was moving in with my boyfriend. We rented our first place in May and bought a place on the 31st of December! It is more than big enough for us and baby, with its own front and back garden and in a brilliant area!

Still on my to-do list are to do up our new place, to clear off some debts, and to get a permanent job (which shouldn't be too hard but I can't start until August due to having to complete one year on a temp contract first!)
I also want to lose at least a stone but it isn't a biggie as I am a healthy weight anyway and will put on weight whilst pregnant so might just lose it all after baby ...

Oh and to get married. We aren't even engaged yet and it drives me mad that I have absolutely no control over when this one will happen! I think my boyfriend is deliberately trying to put it off so he can be in control of at least one thing, lol!

me and OH have a holiday to orlando in april/may and after that if i have a permanent job were hoping to get a house! were starting ttc straight after the holiday, i cant wait! :D

We had a holiday of a lifetime before we ttc which I'm really glad we did and made sure that we were in stable jobs (although I got made redundant at 6 months pregnant) and good financial situation to be able to provide.
That was for number one.

I'm now wtt for number two and we're just about to move house; I'd like to make sure the house is all set up (it's bigger than what we have now and although there's not much to be done decorating wise, we need a lot more furniture to fill it!) and settle into my job a little more as I've just been promoted.

X

I would love to go to NYC before having children.

Finish college but not sure when that will be.

Move out on my own.

We got married in 2012 then had an amazing honeymoon travelling Asia before coming to New Zealand (from the UK) intending to stay for a year. A year and a half later we're still in NZ and were granted residency in November and have permanent jobs with good salaries so are here to stay :)!!

Just waiting to sell our house in the UK now and are planning a couple of big holidays to Australia and Hawaii then we're pretty much good to go. Scary thought!!

I was 30 when we started ttc. Important things for us were to have house finished, be finacially secure and have secure job. We had a fabby holiday together and then started ttc.

We're going on holiday to Thailand in less than 2 weeks, then we start TTC 2 weeks after we return! We are currently living overseas, but moving back to Canada in July, so we're doing things at a bit of a strange time...we will have both left our current jobs and will have to rent for a while when we return home, so it's a bit daunting. Luckily, we have managed a great savings being in Asia for the past 3 years...hopefully that will ease some of the stress!

Our list:
Get married (tick)
Go back to Australia for holiday (tick)
Buy a house (tick)
Dh to get new job (tick)
Me too get new car (tick this week)
Pay off wedding loan (july14)
Save a slush fund for mat leave (to do)
We we'll be ttc Dec14/jan15

The only thing I partly regret pre-baby is not getting married, as our toddler screamed all through the ceremony!!

For this baby (also TTC August 2014 :):
*Start folic acid soon
*Get fit and healthy
* Have cbt for anxiety
* Go to a festival!
*Cherish every moment with my little un while she is still an only child!
* Get rubella vaccine

I think that's it, seems like a lot to do!

Lots of things on my list are already ticked, I don't really know what we are waiting for!

Getting married was a biggie but that's ticked now. A while ago I would have said selling our flat and buying a house was something I wanted to do before TTC but in all honesty, I would be more than happy to have a baby in our flat. It's huge!!

I've not long started a new job so would like to get a bit more settled with that. I'm doing a module at uni in February so would like to get that completed.

I intend to just enjoy my life for a little while lol! Days out, nights out, a holiday would be nice too. Also would like to lose about a stone and a half (boo) and save up a bit of a baby fund.

Our list is

To save our mortgage deposit
Buy a house
Have extra savings

It's really just down to money but OH had a hard few years in and out of work so we are just finally becoming more stable after paying off debts

More like what isn't on our list..... :coffee:

-OH has to come home from deployment. He's a litte too far away for baby-makin'! :haha:
-Move in April 2014.
-Move in April 2015.
-OH to get through job training puts him about Jan 2016.
-Want to buy & remodel a home.
-Get engaged.
-Get married.
-Make babies.

In that order! We have a while obviously..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->