Behind with shopping.

sequeena

Winging it.
Reaction score
Anyone else behind with the Christmas shopping or not even started? I'm usually almost done for Thomas by now but this year I've barely started. I feel like I'm never going to find anything he likes and the days are going by so fast :dohh:

I've made inroads but got so many expenses this year (family member staying with us over Christmas plus baby in January!) that I am seriously panicking about how I'll afford it all in time! Really want to do a massive online spree to get the bulk of the Christmas presents done as soon as possible and then another one next month to get the bulk of baby stuff done and then I can breathe! Like you I like to get it all done early. Then I can be smug and properly enjoy the November/December festive run-up while everyone else tries to get their shopping done :haha:

You have time, don't stress! :) I haven't started and likely won't start until the eeek before Christmas. :haha:

I'm behind just because I don't know what to get! Both girls just had birthdays and our house is full (even with me having a good sort out)
Will wait until nearer the time perhaps and see what they're into (we definitely don't need any more ponies or paw patrol!) We will get them new bikes and I've got DD1 some playmobil.

I'm usually so organised but we have a new bathroom floor to pay for and we want to put a door on our kitchen (seriously how expensive is 1 bloody door!!). We just seem to have stuff popping up and it doesn't help that I'm being really fussy this year :dohh: I'm going to have to start next week even if it's just little stocking fillers.

I don't even want to think about family that I have to.buy for. That includes two birthdays on December 27th!!

me! I've usually got loads, and I did have quite alot put away but decided to just use it for the girls' birthdays instead, so have had to start from scratch. I got a few bits and bobs over the last few days so feeling a bit better about it now. Plus I seem to be skint this year, just spent 180 on a new dance costume for dd1. Dancing is killing me this year!

Im much more behind than normal but ive also decided to really cut down on the number of presents this year. DD has just recently started playing with some toys she got for xmas last year as she has so much, which is pretty riddiculous when you think of it.

Im aiming for 2-3 medium sized presents, 10 small and her stocking which is still a lot but much less than normal.

For other people ive been buying bits on offers and glitches For the last few.months but still have quite a few to buy for. Im going to start gradually buying amazon etc gift cards as they really add up when you leave it to tje last minute.

Well I got the playmobil fire engine half price so that's a start :haha:

I got the bargain hospital from asda😁

What are you planning to get for thomas this year?

I honestly have no idea. Probably a crap ton of playmobil :haha: he's really easy to buy for in the sense he loves vehicles. Any kind of vehicles but he has so many already! I was thinking of a train table but now I'm wondering if it will be a 5 minute wonder :dohh: I'm being so fussy this year. He can't play board games and isn't a huge fan of crafts. Oh god the more I think about it the more I realise how awkward he is :haha: he doesn't watch tv, doesn't like to play with superheroes etc.

I got the bargain hospital from asda😁

What are you planning to get for thomas this year?

I honestly have no idea. Probably a crap ton of playmobil :haha: he's really easy to buy for in the sense he loves vehicles. Any kind of vehicles but he has so many already! I was thinking of a train table but now I'm wondering if it will be a 5 minute wonder :dohh: I'm being so fussy this year. He can't play board games and isn't a huge fan of crafts. Oh god the more I think about it the more I realise how awkward he is :haha: he doesn't watch tv, doesn't like to play with superheroes etc.

Sounds like playmobil is the way to go then lol. DD liked her train table but equally just liked building track on the floor so i packed it away for DS to free up some room. My friends little boy is still obsessed with his train table thouğh so he could well love it.

If you think Thomas is awkward to buy for try buying for DD who is an advertisers dream! She seems to love and want everything lol

Me!! I am normally finished by now but I have only bought a few little bits. My 4 year old was diagnosed with type one diabetes recently and it's zapped all my Christmas cheer out of me. I really hope it returns as I used to love Christmas shopping

I have not even started yet! I have one idea and that's it! :blush:

All I’ve got is a book for Willow! I’m completely stumped with ideas for her and everyone else!

I'm so behind this year. I just don't know what to get either of them, that's the problem! I've bought ds a playmobil fire engine for 10 pound (bargain!) and a silly potato head but that's it😯

iv made my lists but there is plenty of time yet ;)

I only started this month, and I've finished/bought for 8 people, and a couple for DD's. Normally I'm almost finished.

I started to panic, and have actually gone a little short and struggled with money this month, but OH has had a huge splash on his BMX so that hasn't helped. It's making me sad, and OH has tried to help by giving me extra funds to pay for things.
As from next month, I will be buying at the end of the months only just so we don't fall short, unless there is an unmissable bargain.

Does Thomas have sensory issues? I was watching YT videos yesterday and came across something called PlayFoam. I'm getting a huge bundle as a joint for both of my DD's.

I feel like im quite behind because i dont have much for the kids. This year i have decided to buy for the adults first, and save the kids ill december. I have been save £10 a week with my mum and OHs mum all year so will have about £400 to spend when we crack open the tins at the start of november. Until then im only buyin complete unmissable bargains for the kids.

Nope I haven't got anything yet I have finished the lists of what I m going to get though hopefully will start in October.

I just ordered two orchard toys games for the girls, so finally on my way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->