Being called a bad mom because...

mummie2be

Reaction score
I plan on going to a concert when my LO will be about 2 months old..?
As hard as it is to admit I am still a Backstreet Boys fan lol and I haven't missed a concert since I was 8. They announced a new tour this year and me my mother and my sister are planning on going to the concert.

A friend of mine told me that I am being a terrible mother because I plan on leaving my LO at home to go to the concert. LO will be home with OH and my father while I am there, and I don't think me waiting 2 months to leave for a few hours is honestly such a big deal. But apparently I don't deserve my child because of this.

Uhm... you are going to be gone a few hours, and some people go back to work after 6 weeks!! Ignore it b/c that is only the first of unwanted comments/advice you are going to get. You are going to have a hard time leaving, but you will have a lot of fun! Us mommies need breaks too.

With my daughter, I had her on a Thursday and one week later (friday night) i went to a concert while my mom had my baby. You will deserve a break and it does not make you an undeserving mother. Enjoy your concert!

What a stupid comment. I plan on going to an all day meeting when LO is about 2.5 months. Are we not allowed to have lives once we become mums? Ignore her.

Our baby is due July 22nd ish and we've already told my mum that she has to babysit in November so we can go see the second hunger games movie, LOL. But honestly I think sometimes you just need some you time, and it's nice for family (whether that's dad or grandparents!) to have some time with baby too! It's just a few hours afterall!

And oh my gosh, I just noticed my ticker...70 days........:shock: lol

Ah the criticism begins!!! What you'll learn becoming a mom is that everyone has an opinion and people will judge you for the silliest things. Best advice - ignore it. All of it. Listen to those that offer support and ignore those that only want to criticize you. Go to the concert & enjoy!

Was your friend joking? Maybe you should never go out again without the baby (sarcasm) we have planned a night away end of September, I am due 19th July

I plan on going to a concert when my LO will be about 2 months old..?
As hard as it is to admit I am still a Backstreet Boys fan lol and I haven't missed a concert since I was 8. They announced a new tour this year and me my mother and my sister are planning on going to the concert.

A friend of mine told me that I am being a terrible mother because I plan on leaving my LO at home to go to the concert. LO will be home with OH and my father while I am there, and I don't think me waiting 2 months to leave for a few hours is honestly such a big deal. But apparently I don't deserve my child because of this.
So she says you're a terrible mother and don't deserve your child and she's your friend?

I'm having the twins on 29th may and I'm taking DS1 to a show 6 weeks later and leaving the twins at home with DH.
In fact, DS1 stayed overnight with MIL at 6 weeks. Mums need chill time too.

That's ridiculous! If you were planning on leaving her for a week with a stranger then I could understand your friend's concern, but the truth is, you are going to be away for a few hours, baby is going to be with her dad and her grandad. I bet if it were the other way round and your OH was going out for a little while and left you alone with bubs your friend wouldn't think anything of it. Ignore her! She obviously has no idea that just because you will be a parent doesn't mean your life has to end! X

Some friend you have there!!

I've got a friends wedding to attend 6wks after EDD and its an all day, all night job.

As its singles only (no partners invited, I'm going with the girls from work), little one will be staying at home with OH.

Some of my friends have said that I won't want to leave baby that early and perhaps I won't want to but I won't make me a bad mother if I do.

It's a bit of an over reaction on her part I think, but is there more to this from you friend's POV. Is she for example long term TTC or something that would make her say such a stupid thing?

Oh my gosh! Shame on you for having a life that won't 100% revolve around your child!

Stupid thing to say. I agree maybe there's more to it?

Your "friend" sounds like she nuts or a b***h! ....or both!

First of all that 'friend' gets scratched off the list/

And second go to the concert and enjoy a few hours mummy break!

My mum & dad are having Millie for the weekend in October (4 months old)! Shock horror.

Well that isnt' very nice at all! Don't listen to her or anyone else who makes stupid comments like this, you are more than entitled to a few hours off, specially when you are leaving bubs with your OH.

Hubby & I are planning to go skiing with his cousin & his gf with LO when he will be 6 months old, already I have been told by 2 people that our priorities aren't in the right place & that we are making a mistake! We won't be leaving him with a stranger, we will take turns looking after him at all times. Obviously your life won't be the same as pre-baby, but it doesn't mean that you can't have one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->