Being called a bad mom because...

That's ridiculous!

I went out and got pissed when DS1 was 2 weeks old!

I'd not had fun in 10 months! What do people expect.

Ignore her! Enjoy the backstreet boys!

I'd be a terrible mother then - me & my husband are going on holiday for a week when baby is 3 months, my parents are babysitting.

I wouldn't worry about what others say and just enjoy your night out.

You have a lifetime of being a mother and I'm sure you will be a great one at that :hugs:

I really try not to go negative on posts because I just don't think it's very constructive. But OMG comments like the one your friend made just make my blood boil!! Being gone for a couple of hours makes you a bad mother? Really? And what exactly qualifies her as an expert on parenting? She's likely not am mom, right? I bet she's never spent more than a few hours with a baby. Grrrr!

Sorry- I am sure your friend didn't mean what she said and maybe thought she was being funny.

Enjoy your concert! My niece got tickets to the BSB show in Rosemont IL aon July 12 and asked me to go. Sadly, I said no since I am due June 28 and will most likely go past due. Have a great time and ignore that person. She's probably just jealous for not getting tickets ;) lol!

my god some people are just soo ridiculous and judgmental, go and enjoy your concert!! you deserve to every mum deserves some me time now and again, we would all be barking mad if we didn't.

p.s I'm with you on backstreet boys I love them :bunny:

I'm going to e away for 4-5 days when LO is about 2.5 months old. Sorry, I have a job and if supporting my family makes me a "bad mom" your internal dictionary is fucked up!

Bloody Hell the cheek of some people! My cuz was out on a date night with ehr husband about 6 weeks after having baby. And so what, baby was with granny. Baby was happy.

Contrary to popular believe............life does NOT stop when you squeeze oot a sprog. lol.

Perhaps now is the time to politely remind your friend that no mother was meant to spend 24/7 with their child(ren). It breeds contempt.

I plan on going to a concert when my LO will be about 2 months old..?
As hard as it is to admit I am still a Backstreet Boys fan lol and I haven't missed a concert since I was 8. They announced a new tour this year and me my mother and my sister are planning on going to the concert.

A friend of mine told me that I am being a terrible mother because I plan on leaving my LO at home to go to the concert. LO will be home with OH and my father while I am there, and I don't think me waiting 2 months to leave for a few hours is honestly such a big deal. But apparently I don't deserve my child because of this.

I have not read the other comments but man, with all do respect...your friend does not sound like a friend at all! What she said is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Someone that has those points of views would never be a friend of mine.

Go have a guilt free good time...you deserve it ;)

I love the Backstreet Boys too! A friend and I are planning on going in August! I cannot wait! We've seen them every year for the past few years with the exception of last year and we're so excited to see them (with Kevin!) this year.

I actually just went on a day trip to an amusement park with some friends last week. I went back and forth on whether or not I should go, but in the end my DH insisted that I go because he said I deserved a day out. I missed my LO like crazy (he was 8 weeks old at the time), but I left him with my mom so I knew he was in good hands. I'm EBF so I pumped while I was gone and called to check on him frequently, and I really had a GREAT time. I don't regret going at all and I don't think it makes me a bad mom to take some "me" time.

I say go and have a great time, don't let anyone make you feel guilty! It's not like you're abandoning your child.

Just tell them to kiss your ar$e next time they have a comment as stupid as that.
I had mil babysitting lo at a few days old so me and oh could go to the cinema.
Hes spent a day with her and a day with my mum every week since then and loves it.

ive always been a huge concert goer, i usually spent most of my summer at shows. (NOTHING MORE FUN THEN LIVE MUSIC AND FRIENDS). I refuse to give up my hobbies and the things I live for just because Im becoming a mother. I am due mid June, and hope to have a mommys night out in July or August LOL and im going to a few shows in the fall. We need to have lives outside our children.

I don't see a problem with it if you are only gone for a few hours and aren't planning on drinking loads and partying after. Your favourite band touring doesn't happen all the time and you are also leaving her with your OH not dumping her with someone. Perhaps tell your friend to mind her own business and keep her judgements to herself. I bet she doesn't have children..

A former friend of mine starting leaving her baby at 3 weeks old with her mum so she could have nights out on the town, now there is a bad mum!

You taking a few hours for yourself to have fun when your child will be 2 months is not a bad thing. If anything, it might help you maintain your sanity which will help you be a better mom. And your OH will have a chance to bond with his child at the same time without you hovering. Always a bonus.

Go enjoy yourself and screw your judgmental "friend". No woman should be made to feel like she has to give up everything once she has a child. It's unhealthy to do so, in my opinion.

That is ridiculous! ! NO, you are not a bad mom and I think you need to say something to your friend? Is she a mom? My sister keeps making comments because I am planning a girls trip to Florida this time next year, baby will be about 9 months old and she just keeps saying how she could have never left for a week when baby was 9 months old bla bla bla. You go and have fun at the concert!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->