Being made redundant

ttc2yrs

Reaction score
Hi ladies,i'm 12 weeks pregnant and my boss has just told me that in 2 weeks time she's closing the salon! I'm the only person who works there and they owe me money and who's going to employ a pregnant women !!!! I'm so stressed about it ! My boss is useless with doing things properly, ive been there almost a year and don't even have a contract. Any advice please thankyou xx

you need proper financial and legal advice.....I'd speak to the CAB
:hugs:
x

Unfortunately if you have been there under a year & the position is no longer available, ie the salon is closing, there isn't much you can do and I'm afraid you won't be entitled to redundancy pay. They should however give you any money owed and also money for your notice period unless you are working it. If the company is going into administration and they can't pay your owed wages then you need to put in a claim with the administrators and they will pay you once any assets have been sold.

If its just a case of the owner closing then they need to pay you straight away, get some legal advice if they don't.

With you being only 12 weeks you wouldn't have to tell a future employer that you were pregnant, and although you wouldn't be entitled to maternity pay from your new employer, providing you have worked a certain number of weeks while pregnant, you would be entitled to maternity allowance from the government which is pretty much the same thing.

Good luck & big hugs, I got made redundant a few years ago & it's horrible. Do you have any insurance against it? I have insurance now as I couldn't bear to be in that situation again.

xx

Unfortunately if you have been there under a year & the position is no longer available, ie the salon is closing, there isn't much you can do and I'm afraid you won't be entitled to redundancy pay. They should however give you any money owed and also money for your notice period unless you are working it. If the company is going into administration and they can't pay your owed wages then you need to put in a claim with the administrators and they will pay you once any assets have been sold.

If its just a case of the owner closing then they need to pay you straight away, get some legal advice if they don't.

With you being only 12 weeks you wouldn't have to tell a future employer that you were pregnant, and although you wouldn't be entitled to maternity pay from your new employer, providing you have worked a certain number of weeks while pregnant, you would be entitled to maternity allowance from the government which is pretty much the same thing.

Good luck & big hugs, I got made redundant a few years ago & it's horrible. Do you have any insurance against it? I have insurance now as I couldn't bear to be in that situation again.

xx
Hi. No I don't have any insurance, also I've got a huge bump already so it's very obvious that I'm pregnant lol, my boss has another salon and a cafe,it's just that the company that owns the building the salon is in doesn't want to renew the contract so we have to leave.it's so annoying.I phoned the job center helpline to get some advice and they said that I could sign on until I'm 26 weeks then claim for maternity allowance. So I have an option, but not too keen on signing on, but guess if it is what I have to do I'll have to. Thankyou for advice xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->