Being Pregnant and going on Holiday!

CAM

Reaction score
Are any of you UK mums to be going to go abroad or been before while pregnant? I am thinking of going away somewhere between 12-28 weeks what do you all think???

Do you think its worth the risk?

Thinking as long as you know nearest hospital is & are insured bring your notes cant see there being to many problems...

I am 13 weeks on Saturday and wilk be flying to Mexico. It was booked before we found out we were pregnant and we were going to cancel it but decided this was the last chance we would have this chance for a holiday like this so the midwife saud it would be fine so we are going to make the most of it! X

I go to Turkey in 5 weeks i'll be 21wks and my consultant said its fine :thumbup: booked before i concieved.

Check with the consultant and as long as you and baby are fit and healthy there usually is no reason not to go.

I fly to Italy on Saturday! I'll be 9/10 weeks and my GP says that it's fine. Flying isn't a problem and as long as we avoid the usual culprits for food poisoning, we can just enjoy the holiday :)

Im going to Tenerife in 4 weeks and will be 16 weeks. Midwife said it was absolutely fine, travel insurance was ok and checked with flight company and they were also ok. Id say your be fine hun, make the most of it while you can..

We hoping to go away at the start of July. I'll be about 15/16 weeks. Hoping to just enjoy this nice time together. X x

im away on monday to the canarys and im around 5/6 weeks! really nervous about it! but been told its ok just to avoid the usual stuff xxx

Yes you should be fine!! Most airlines will take you up to 6 months, and I know my sister flew at 7 months with a note from the GP to say that she was fine!

In the first trimester, flying isn't really recommended, but that is only because the pressure can exacerbate symptoms like morning sickness and stuffy nose!

Enjoy your holiday!

anyone coming to seychelles?its quite safe here.

we just booked our babymoon to Mexico! :happydance: it was hard to decide to go or not but in the end we decided to. we were just there in Dec, so know the resort is safe and the food is good, so we are going back there. i'll be 17 weeks when i go. i did buy insurance with emergency travel coverage so i could fly to the states if i needed to. just in case.

i went to ibiza when i was about 5 months pregnant with my first and all was fine, except for two days when i was sick and that was only because of dehydration as i was drinking what i would normally drink in england.
please remember to drink water even if you dont feel you need it

Before i knew i was pregnant i booked a girly 18-30's type of holiday to Laganas in Zante (party capital of Greece!). I decided to cancel as i thought the party atmosphere and over-whelming heat would be no good for me because i've been feeling so crap. It would have been just me and another girl for 2 weeks, i wouldn't want to stop her from enjoying herself and would never forgive myself if something happened to the baby. Plus i've been suffering with MS and would hate to spend the whole holiday feeling :sick:

Luckily she has found someone to go in my place although she wasn't very understanding....but on the plus side me and my boyfriend are planning a nice relaxing break before the baby arrives :happydance:

I went to Morocco at 14 weeks and had a great time!!!
Would recommend going after 12 weeks, or even 15 if you can, as they say that things are much safer then.....

I was really worried at first because of all the things I wasn't allowed to eat but it didn't really effect me too much and we had a lovely time!

DON'T eat salad (as they rinse in water), brush teeth with bottled water, no ice in drinks, check to see if milk etc is pasturised in the country you're going to, only have well cooked meats etc etc

I spent most of the week eatting pasta, pizza, slow coaked lamb etc etc

i'm going to Israel for a couple of weddings July 3rd, I'll be 14 weeks. Doc said its absolutely fine, just drink plenty, and he said to wear those tights on the flights, (I think they lower risk of deep vein thrombosis or something like that)

I'm going to Paros in Greece in about 5 weeks time, I'll be 12 weeks preg. The epu said it's fine when I had my early scan. Seeing midwife on thurs so I'll ask her but I know what she will say. I just need to make sure my travel insurance covers pregnancy as any emergency will mean being flown to Athens probably.

Before I fell pregnant we booked a honeymoon in Kenya but had a call from practice nurse yesterday and she told me I couldn't have the innoculations I needed as I was pregnant so we decided to cancel it, the holiday company were fantastic and said for £100 we could swap holidays for something that cost the same! So now we are going to Paphos in Cyprus for 2 weeks in a 2 bedroomed apartment, much happier now - no horrible long haul flight and mozzies the size of spaniels!! Have great hols girls and enjoy your bumps! xx

I am off to Barbados in 3 weeks... I will only be 8 weeks but by the time I get home I will be 10!

I have booked a private scan before I go to make sure it is not ectopic due to the flight times and for piece of mind.

We're off to Italy when I'll be about 16 weeks, so worked out ideal timing! (Booked before fell pg, hoping to be completely over the MS stage by then!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->