Best cheaper tablet for 8 and 11 year olds??

Mum21boy1girl

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
we want to get the older kids tablets this year, but don't really want to fork out for an Ipad as they are not very responsible with their stuff yet, so would prefer to get a cheaper one that is still good for them to play games on etc
We were thinking of a Samsung Tab 4 but have heard bad things about them, like it lags really bad etc (not sure if that's true, just what we overheard some people say)

what tablets do your kids have?

How about a Kindle? They've really come down in price lately. I've been thinking of getting my 8 year old one.

My daughter has a Kindle Fire HD. Only complaints (when comparing to ipad) battery life is not as long and I've had it freeze a few times. It also takes some getting used to if you've been using an ipad. Otherwise, I like it and it is perfect for my daughter. Sturdier than an ipad and a whole lot less expensive. Plenty of apps, imo, and parental controls.

Thanks for the replies, i was looking at the new fire's and saw that they were on $50 do you think these would be good enough for game playing?

We have a hudl from tesco

It's great and pretty sturdy

Thanks for the replies, i was looking at the new fire's and saw that they were on $50 do you think these would be good enough for game playing?

That's the one I was looking at for DD. I think it would be fine for normal game playing. It's only 8gb is the only thing but I think I remember it saying that you can expand the memory so that might be worth considering.

All the reviews seemed really positive. For my DD I'll probably get her a decent case for it though as she's notoriously clumsy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->