Best diaper insert for HE washing machine?

Stellae

Reaction score
I'm on baby #2 and we will be using what's left of our Bumgenius 4.0 stash (I just discovered a lot of them have shed their PUL lamination in places, so disappointed!) as well as some plain old covers.

I know I want to steer totally clear of microfiber and hemp, as my washing machine just cannot properly get the ammonia out. But I still want inserts that'll work from 8-30 lbs, aren't bulky, and will work in our pockets as well as our plain covers. I have a bunch of plain ol' flats I stuffed the pockets with when I wanted to really simplify my wash routine, but they were definitely not as flexible and trim as I'd've liked, and I know they'd be reeeally bulky on a kiddo younger than 1.

Any other ideas on a natural fiber, easy-to-wash, comfy for baby insert? Bamboo? Cotton? Some miracle insert I haven't heard of? Favorite brands?

Flats are fab and not that bulky past 4 months IMO, but I wasn't pad folding them as an insert I was snappi-ing them on and then doing cover.

Flats are easiest to get clean, I recently sewed some "daddy flats" to make them easier to use but still easy to wash. Also prefolds go nice in a pocket/cover and wash well too. I like a good solid cotton workhorse type, but you can also get bamboo. They are sized which makes them a bit trimmer but also means you have to buy more along.

Thanks! I think I'll stick with the flats. I might try out the Flips with a kite fold or origami fold to see if they work alright, when I tried in the past the Flip covers had a hard time keeping the fronts of the flats hidden. I'm assuming because they're sold to work with pad folded diapers. I am so done with the BG's though, I think I'm going to tear out the suedecloth and use it as a stay dry layer over the top of some old newborn bamboo hand-me-downs I'll be getting so I have a super trim option with newborn!

I really like cotton prefolds too for stuffing and using with covers. We've had great results with Green Mountain Diaper prefolds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->