Best Prenatal Vitamins?

McMama14

Reaction score
I just found out yesterday that I am expecting baby #2 :baby: According to my last cycle I am due September 10. I will not be able to get into the Doctors for at least two weeks.

What are some recommendations on the best over the counter prenatals? Something I can buy over the counter at like Walgreens?

TIA :kiss:

My doc said anythin was find, as long as it has folic acid, calcium and iron. Congrats!!

I'm taking Pregnacare Plus, doctor told me they are the best so I'm giving them a go, so far so good.

When I was TTC, I started OTC prenatal 'One-A-day'. I did not feel any reaction or constipation to it.
Doc had suggested me to start on any OTC prenatal and did not give me any brand.
Then after pregnancy, I went to some other oby-gyn and she put me on citra-natal (by presc) which is ofcourse way expensive. CitraNatal is supposed to be better and avoid side effects of gas,constipation. But not sure if it was these vitamins or pregnancy, that I suffer a lot from both now than with pre-preg vitamins.

There is one good OTC brand 'NatureHealth' but no experience.

We're not meant to take iron and calcium together as they bind together and then we don't absorb either.
Iron is best in liquid form.

We're not meant to take iron and calcium together as they bind together and then we don't absorb either.
Iron is best in liquid form.

Do some prenatals offer these two together? if so, im guessing those are the best to avoid?

What liquid iron would you recommend?

TIA

I take a whole food vitamin called baby & me made by mega foods. I get them from our local health food store. I cannot tolerate the prescription prenates, so these are great. They are whole food, so they digest and absorb so much better.

I take pregvit, your doctor can prescribe them and then health care covers them. They split the calcium & iron into 2 pills, pink for morning & blue for night. Or just look at the website and get the stuff that's in each pill.

The iron & folic acid is by far the two most important things for pregnant ladies. Iron deficiency=Long term learning disabilities for baby & post partum depression for mom, folate defficiency=neural tube malformation & spinal bifida. I have a liquid iron ( https://www.florahealth.com/product_categories.cfm?category_id=4&prod_id=87) that I take in the am with a morning shake (no dairy), then liquid D3, B12 and methyl folate - the form of folic acid that is in food rather than the synthetic folic acid that your liver has to break down (methylfolate vs folic acid is worth a google!!). I travel frequently and use the pregvit prenatals when I'm not at home.

Anytime someone recommends just 1 pill/day read the ingredients page to find out if the pill has combined the iron & calcium :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->