Best sling / carrier for newborn+ and disabled mummy??

ShadowRat

Reaction score
Vincent is 3 weeks old now, and I'm starting to realise that I need a better sling / carrier for him... We have a ring sling at the moment (much like the huggababy) and it's not really any good for a number of reasons:

First and foremost, I need to use a carrier/sling to carry Vince around the house: I have a disability that affects all of my joints, and need both hands free either for crutches or to use the grabrails around my home. The ring sling we have is very difficult to use because my arms and shoulders are not managing well trying to slip him into the "cradle" position. I need something that is really easy to put baby into and "do up" or whatever you have to do to put it on.

Next, the ring sling we have is really hot (thick material) and I find me and Vince both overheat if I wear it for any significant length of time. I'd like to find something with plenty of "air flow" if that makes sense!!

Also, I need a sling that will be suitable for me to use whilst in a wheelchair: I'm getting an electric wheelchair soon and I'd like to be able to take Vince to the shops etc. on my own if I wanted to, so it needs to be a sling I could wear whilst sitting down (not hanging down too low)

LOL so that pretty much sums it up! Oh yes, and I'd like to spend less than £50 on it too!!! Am I asking the world here?? I don't mind buying second hand :)

Thanks in advance!

Shadow xxx

Ooooh, never mind, I see that this week's "Ask a mum" is about slings and carriers and I've already found one that looks like it could be perfect: The Close Baby Carrier :) If anyone fancies letting me know what they think of these carriers, please go ahead!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->