Best sling or wrap for BF

pinkpolkadot

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I need a bit of advice on which slings or wraps work for BF please. I tried with DD in a ring sling last time around and couldn't get it right but this time I will have a baby and a toddler so could do with having my hands free!

I have the mei tai style wrap and love it! I bf LO in it all the time when trying to get stuff done...

I use a moby and I can do it but it's not the easiest. The best I can manage is 1 hand free. That might just be me though.

Ergo - With the infant insert or the hood I was able to hold her head up and near me. If I was doing to much I may of had to go one handed but I found it pretty easy.

Moby - This was really easy but required nursing shirt to prevent having to take it off and on to adjust shirt. (I wore form fitting shirts so that could have just been a user issue). I rarely had to go one handed in this one because I could keep her tight against my chest pretty easily.

I would say in the end it just takes practice and getting use to the feel. It took me a bit to get the hang of it. I was never able to nurse one handed in the ring sling. I honestly hated my ring sling till she was holding her own body up.

tbh, I think its hard to feed a newborn in most types of sling. They just aren't that good at nursing yet and don't have the head control. But what I did find with a sling is that a breastfed baby who would be easily soothed and go to sleep.

When they are a bit bigger a mei tai works well, or a ring sling in a hip carry (though I could only carry one side meaning only one boob got eaten).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->