Best time to DTD a few day before O?? Help!

ashleyg

Mama to three
Reaction score
Hi ladies! I have a question that I hope I can get some opinions on :)

DH is leaving for a week this month during the time that I will probably be ovulating. He will be gone from July 18-26 and I think my apps say that I will be in my fertile window anywhere from the 16th on.

So my question is...if DH and I dtd for the three days before he leaves (So on the 15, 16, and 17 and MAYBE the 18 depending on the time he has to leave) would there be any chance I could end up pregnant from that?

I know I am probably just grasping at straws here but I thought I would ask lol!

Hi I'm new to TTC but I understand that sperm can live up to a few days waiting for the egg to be released. Not sure what the exact number of days are it probably varied a bit in the research. If you dtd just before he goes you may get lucky if you ovulate soon enough afterwards. Good luck :)

yes! u can most definitely still get pregnant. i got pregnant 3 days after i dtd when i conceived my daughter. it's actually recommended that u dtd in the days leading up to ovulation and not the day of or after. good luck! :)

Thank you! I just wasnt sure since last cycle I O'd on CD 17. And if do again this cycle that's a ways away from when we will DTD before he goes. We aren't acitvely going to try this cycle but just kind of wanted to know the chances of it happening :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->