Beta rise but did not double

beneathmywing

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I had my first beta two days ago which came out as 126 and today it was 219, so didn't exactly double. Doctor wants me to go in for another one on Friday. Wondering if anyone else had betas that didn't double and turned out to be okay?

That's very close to doubling, changes in your hydration could cause a difference like that. The guidelines say that doubling should happen every 48-72 hours, and you are right on track.

"According to the American Pregnancy Association, the two- to three-day guideline holds true in 85% of normal pregnancies."

That's very close to doubling, changes in your hydration could cause a difference like that. The guidelines say that doubling should happen every 48-72 hours, and you are right on track.

"According to the American Pregnancy Association, the two- to three-day guideline holds true in 85% of normal pregnancies."

Thank you for that! My doctor said a beta that didnt double is never a great sign, but I guess doctors have to state worse case scenario.

I think your results look good x

Hey beneath

I think you're good, it's 48 - 72 hrs. Have you tried one of those doubling calculators where you can put in time you had your beta done at? Were the tests done at about the same time on the 2 days? since you're very close to doubling and I would guess an 1 hr here or there could make a difference!

Fingers crossed for you!

Kim

Hey beneath

I think you're good, it's 48 - 72 hrs. Have you tried one of those doubling calculators where you can put in time you had your beta done at? Were the tests done at about the same time on the 2 days? since you're very close to doubling and I would guess an 1 hr here or there could make a difference!

Fingers crossed for you!

Kim

Yes, I did try the calculator. It was 75% increase/60 hours. The beta was done maybe half hour difference. Lets see what tomorrow brings!!

In 48 hours you should have a 66% rise and 72 hours a doubling. So you sound right on track

My betas were 9000 at 5 weeks 6 days and then at 6 weeks 1 day they were 1300 not even close to doubling. I am now past my 12 week mark and so far my little bean has a very strong hb and is very active. I was told to prepare for a miscarriage but obviously she was very wrong. Fx for you but I think your number are just fine!

My betas were 9000 at 5 weeks 6 days and then at 6 weeks 1 day they were 1300 not even close to doubling. I am now past my 12 week mark and so far my little bean has a very strong hb and is very active. I was told to prepare for a miscarriage but obviously she was very wrong. Fx for you but I think your number are just fine!

Thank you hunn! Congrats on your pregnancy

hey beneath

just thinking of you, do you think you'll get the results today?

Kim

hey beneath

just thinking of you, do you think you'll get the results today?

Kim

Yes i am waiting for them. The nurse told me it has to be 400 today or the doctor wont be to happy and be concerned its ectopic so im pretty nervous

I hope you betas from today and ok. Fingers crossed for you lovey x

Not good news. Only went up to 292 today. Im going for an ultrasound on the 30th to rule out ectopic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->