Beta rise but did not double

beneathmywing

Reaction score
Hi, ladies. I had my first beta two days ago at 9dp5dt, which came out as 126 and today at 11dp5dt it was 219, so didn't exactly double. Doctor wants me to go in for another one on Friday. Wondering if anyone else had betas that didn't double and turned out to be okay?

My doubling time was 3 days not 2 days and my baby boy is sound asleep in his crib. I hope this is the case for you too. Stay positive!

My third beta only went from 219 to 292.. not feeling very optimistic. I have an ultrasound on the 30th and hoping it's not tubal.

:hugs:

I had non-doubling betas with my first pregnancy. They almost totally stopped rising a couple times and it was still fine. I did miscarry in the 10th week, but they think that was due to taking me off progesterone too quickly and not anything wrong with the pregnancy itself. My first beta was only 16 at 12 dpo, then just 22 at 16 dpo. I had a few times that it acted like that. My RE said that as long as it was rising and the baby was growing, everything was fine. We saw the sac in the fifth week, heart beat in the sixth, still growing right on track at eight week. Totally fine.

Try to stay as optimistic as you can. :hugs: I'm sending lots of warm hugs your way!

:hugs:

I had non-doubling betas with my first pregnancy. They almost totally stopped rising a couple times and it was still fine. I did miscarry in the 10th week, but they think that was due to taking me off progesterone too quickly and not anything wrong with the pregnancy itself. My first beta was only 16 at 12 dpo, then just 22 at 16 dpo. I had a few times that it acted like that. My RE said that as long as it was rising and the baby was growing, everything was fine. We saw the sac in the fifth week, heart beat in the sixth, still growing right on track at eight week. Totally fine.

Try to stay as optimistic as you can. :hugs: I'm sending lots of warm hugs your way!

Thank you do much! Im sorry you lost the baby. I am trying to stay optimistic, but i am so afraid to get attached to this baby and have it not be there at the scan. I am keeping my fx it goes okay!!

Oh no! I hope everything turns out OK for you. I am so sorry you are going through such a stressful time. Hugs!

I know exactly how you feel. The waiting game it so hard and you're afraid of how much it will hurt if something goes wrong. But your numbers are honestly not that bad. No, they didn't double, but numbers don't always double every time. My RE told me that hCG rises in surges. The time that my hCG only went from 16 to 22 in four days, well, the next time I went in, 3 days later, it had gone from 22 to 121. That's just how it goes sometimes. My RE says that's totally normal for some people.

If the waiting is too much, demand another beta quant if you think it will help to have a better idea of what is happening.

My perspective on the whole getting attached thing:

Even if I really feel like a pregnancy might not we working, I let myself get attached and just love my baby in that moment. I buy a little present for him/her- something that the baby can wear or play with if things go well, and if not, the item goes into my keepsakes box as a remembrance. Someday, when I do have a LO in my arms, they will get all the items in the box, because they will be the culmination of all the love, pain, and tears.

The one time I forced myself not to get attached I really regretted not going ahead and bonding with my baby. I just felt like I'd lost the only opportunity I had with her. (That was my ectopic cycle and I just wasn't willing to get attached after losing the last baby.) In the moments before the anesthesia hit, I tried to tell her I loved her and I was sorry I hadn't been there. I know it's silly, but it was the worst loss for me.

I've lost enough to know how blessed I am in the moments I have with my children. You can't know what the future holds, but you can embrace and love in the present. In this moment you have your baby right there with you, and that is the most wonderful thing in the world.<3

I know exactly how you feel. The waiting game it so hard and you're afraid of how much it will hurt if something goes wrong. But your numbers are honestly not that bad. No, they didn't double, but numbers don't always double every time. My RE told me that hCG rises in surges. The time that my hCG only went from 16 to 22 in four days, well, the next time I went in, 3 days later, it had gone from 22 to 121. That's just how it goes sometimes. My RE says that's totally normal for some people.

If the waiting is too much, demand another beta quant if you think it will help to have a better idea of what is happening.

My perspective on the whole getting attached thing:

Even if I really feel like a pregnancy might not we working, I let myself get attached and just love my baby in that moment. I buy a little present for him/her- something that the baby can wear or play with if things go well, and if not, the item goes into my keepsakes box as a remembrance. Someday, when I do have a LO in my arms, they will get all the items in the box, because they will be the culmination of all the love, pain, and tears.

The one time I forced myself not to get attached I really regretted not going ahead and bonding with my baby. I just felt like I'd lost the only opportunity I had with her. (That was my ectopic cycle and I just wasn't willing to get attached after losing the last baby.) In the moments before the anesthesia hit, I tried to tell her I loved her and I was sorry I hadn't been there. I know it's silly, but it was the worst loss for me.

I've lost enough to know how blessed I am in the moments I have with my children. You can't know what the future holds, but you can embrace and love in the present. In this moment you have your baby right there with you, and that is the most wonderful thing in the world.<3

Wow! You are so right. I really thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to write that to me. The one thing I have been struggling with is getting too attached and have it taken away, but I do have a baby inside me right now and I feel so insensitive to even think of neglecting it, especially if it is perfectly fine.

I am going to take your advice and just enjoy this moment. I am pregnant and I should be happy! Come what may, I dont want any regrets.

I've lost enough to know how blessed I am in the moments I have with my children. You can't know what the future holds, but you can embrace and love in the present. In this moment you have your baby right there with you, and that is the most wonderful thing in the world.

That is beautiful buny.

You're welcome, hun. I hope all is well. Keep us posted, okay? I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. <3

You're welcome, hun. I hope all is well. Keep us posted, okay? I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. <3

I definitely will. My ultrasound is on Monday. Ive been feeling really tired and a sickly feeling since Sunday so I hope its my bean thriving in there!

BMW - just wanted to send you prayers across the ocean. Will be thinking of you on Monday. Hope all is well.

xoxo

Wow wow wow buny such beautiful words and I am so so sorry for your losses!
Xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->