Beta rise but did not double

I had slow rising hcg with both my pregnancies. Cannot remember numbers but I know what with my first, even after 72 hours they hadn't doubled. I also had a lot of bleeding. My eldest son is now 3 :D

With pregnancy no.2 I again had bleeding (this time from the day of my +ve test) and was told to do HCG testing (not standard practice here) to see if pregnancy was viable. I completed one round of testing (3 separate draws), my numbers were again very slow to rise. After more substantial bleeding I was told to do more bloodwork. I declined the testing and decided to wait for a scan. The numbers doing or not doing what they should was too stressful for me. My youngest son is now 1.

I really hope your bean is a sticky one with slow numbers like my babies :hugs:

Thinking of you today for your scan.:hugs:

Thank you! It's still Sunday night here in the U.S. 9:40 p.m., my scan isn't till 3:45 p.m. tomorrow. Feels like ten years away!

Midday on the 30th here on the other side of the world. I bet it feels like ages away. My next set of bloods are tomorrow and it is taking forever too. Hope you get a good nights sleep to make time go a little faster for you.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Thank you so much! I will update as soon as I know!

I had slow rising hcg with both my pregnancies. Cannot remember numbers but I know what with my first, even after 72 hours they hadn't doubled. I also had a lot of bleeding. My eldest son is now 3 :D

With pregnancy no.2 I again had bleeding (this time from the day of my +ve test) and was told to do HCG testing (not standard practice here) to see if pregnancy was viable. I completed one round of testing (3 separate draws), my numbers were again very slow to rise. After more substantial bleeding I was told to do more bloodwork. I declined the testing and decided to wait for a scan. The numbers doing or not doing what they should was too stressful for me. My youngest son is now 1.

I really hope your bean is a sticky one with slow numbers like my babies :hugs:

Thank you so much! Im glad both pregnancies were successful for you and really do hope mine is successful as well! I think betas are so stressful! Next pregnancy I think I dont want to so a second beta especially if all goes well this time and maybe it is just my body!!

Thinking of you today for your scan.:hugs:

Thank you! It's still Sunday night here in the U.S. 9:40 p.m., my scan isn't till 3:45 p.m. tomorrow. Feels like ten years away!

Midday on the 30th here on the other side of the world. I bet it feels like ages away. My next set of bloods are tomorrow and it is taking forever too. Hope you get a good nights sleep to make time go a little faster for you.

Thanks! I hope your bloods are perfect!

Hi girls, well unfortunately no good news to share. The sac was in my uterus as opposed to a tube, but it was empty. Doctor suspects blighted ovum now as he would have expected to at least see a yolk sac as well. Redid my beta and it was 4,451, which he said was good. Going in for another scan next Monday. Another tortorous week :cry:

Oh no! I hope it was just too early. So incredibly stressful. Sending you thoughts and prayers.

I am so incredibly sorry you're going through beta/ultrasound hell right now. It's the worst part of TTC, IMO. Please, don't give up hope. When I had the low/slow hCG, I went in for u/s at 5w6d and all we saw was the gestational sac. They said since my hCG had been slow to rise in the beginning and not doubling correctly, that meant the baby was probably just a little behind. We went in a week later and the heartbeat was there and baby was measuring well (albeit a couple days behind where they thought he'd be). He grew right on track from there, beautiful heart beat at the 8 week u/s as well. (We did end up losing that baby later, but as I said in my post a ways back, he likely would have been totally fine if the other doctor hadn't switched my meds around so quickly.)

I am so incredibly sorry you're going through beta/ultrasound hell right now. It's the worst part of TTC, IMO. Please, don't give up hope. When I had the low/slow hCG, I went in for u/s at 5w6d and all we saw was the gestational sac. They said since my hCG had been slow to rise in the beginning and not doubling correctly, that meant the baby was probably just a little behind. We went in a week later and the heartbeat was there and baby was measuring well (albeit a couple days behind where they thought he'd be). He grew right on track from there, beautiful heart beat at the 8 week u/s as well. (We did end up losing that baby later, but as I said in my post a ways back, he likely would have been totally fine if the other doctor hadn't switched my meds around so quickly.)

Ive read lots of positive stories like yours.. Im just so afraid to get my hopes up at this point :(

Just read through this thread. I'm sorry you're going through such a stressful time. Must be torture to wait! I must say, I've heard a ton of stories where it was too early to see anything in the sac so I have a lot of hope for you. It's great that your beta numbers were so good too. I'm sure we'll be hearing good news from you next week!

Also, bunyhuny, your stories was beautiful and the things you said were amazing. I'm so sorry that you have to go through the long TTC struggle but it sounds like you will be an amazing mother when you get your miracle baby:)

Just read through this thread. I'm sorry you're going through such a stressful time. Must be torture to wait! I must say, I've heard a ton of stories where it was too early to see anything in the sac so I have a lot of hope for you. It's great that your beta numbers were so good too. I'm sure we'll be hearing good news from you next week!

Also, bunyhuny, your stories was beautiful and the things you said were amazing. I'm so sorry that you have to go through the long TTC struggle but it sounds like you will be an amazing mother when you get your miracle baby:)

Thank you!! I hope so too

Aww sorry it wasn't better news today but keeping fingers crossed for next week x

Ah the torture!!! Sounds a lot like my first so hope it ends up happily for you too. At my first scan I thought I was 5wks and a bit but they only found sac so said either it wasn't going to end well or I was earlier than I thought. Follow-up scan two weeks later showed HB I was 7wks and a bit (matched what I expected). Apparently very early on it's really easy for things to be missed because they are just so teeny tiny which is why they do two dating scans here - they can't really rely on 1 early scan.

I would have thought the fact your HCG was increasing is a good sign?!

Be thinking of you and sending you and your bean good vibes!

Ah the torture!!! Sounds a lot like my first so hope it ends up happily for you too. At my first scan I thought I was 5wks and a bit but they only found sac so said either it wasn't going to end well or I was earlier than I thought. Follow-up scan two weeks later showed HB I was 7wks and a bit (matched what I expected). Apparently very early on it's really easy for things to be missed because they are just so teeny tiny which is why they do two dating scans here - they can't really rely on 1 early scan.

I would have thought the fact your HCG was increasing is a good sign?!

Be thinking of you and sending you and your bean good vibes!

It definitely is torture. Apparently your HCG still rises with a blighted ovum, because your body still thinks your pregnant. Yep, how fun.

Thanks for the good vibes <3

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how you are feeling right now. Sending you massive hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->