Beware of buying an Ergo from ebay

T

tiggercats

I'm not saying that all ergo's on ebay are counterfeit, but mine was :cry: Once my ergo arrived I wasn't sure about it so I contacted Ergo who asked for details and from my answers and pictures confirmed I had a fake carrier :(

Google fake/counterfeit ergo for details of what to look for and contact Ergo if you are unsure about your carrier. The first one I was going to buy from ebay wouldn't reply to my question about the item asking for a picture of the ergo label, so I assumed (rightly or wrongly) they weren't genuine. However the one I bought looked really good, a helpful seller and a really good copy, however it had loose stitching and of course wasn't the real deal.

Any Ergo bought from any seller (ebay or otherwise) that isn't an official registered seller will not be covered by the Ergo guarantee. For a list of registered retailers check the Ergo site for details. https://www.ergobabycarrier.com/

Happy (and safe) slinging

you can get your money back if you raise the issue with ebay. They're not allowed to sell counterfeit items and you will get a refund.

you can get your money back if you raise the issue with ebay. They're not allowed to sell counterfeit items and you will get a refund.

Sorry I should have said I got my money back just in time to buy an R+R on sale the other week :happydance:

:yipee: just as well :) the seller should be banned. disgraceful!!

I reported it to ebay but all I got was the automated response and several weeks later they are still selling them :grr:

I reported it to ebay but all I got was the automated response and several weeks later they are still selling them :grr:

:gun::grr: I hope you left bad feedback! And thanks for the heads up :)

Thats dreadful! I will let my sis janidog know as she bought one from ebay :(
Thank you for letting us all know :hugs:

i've seen this on another forum recently too.

Moby wraps have also gone through a period of fakes as well - always worth buying from a reputable retailler for the guarantee!

Who was the seller on Ebay, that you bought yours from?

I bought mine from 'lovenewbaby2010

A big thank you to Sarah for Pm'ing me, and it looks like mine is a fake :cry:

Sorry for bumping :blush:
Is the seller still selling them?

Ive just bought one and now worried its a fake :dohh:
The seller was very friendly, and sent it next day delivery so ill find out tomorrow what its like!

Aw no!!! I'm about to google and check mine out... Sorry Arcanegirl, hope yours is ok. xxx

The seller I got mine from is only selling moby's at the moment. After being caught once I would only trust a registered seller (see Ergo site). Once it arrives check for serial number, it is a good start if it has one. What price did you pay? If it seemed too good to be true then it probably was, if it is about normal price then I wouldn't worry as much. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

I paid £55 for it inc postage, the seller checks out with length of membership and feedback etc but i know thats not a gurauntee.

I read on Ergos FB about teh fakes coming with DVDs, i did see a listing with one like that and the box was different to the one i got. Mine doesnt come with a dvd (according to the listing anyways)

£55 new :shock: Can you pm me the seller please, I'm nosey and am going to keep a list of questionable seller. If it was second hand for that price then probably ok (unless the previous owner got from a fake seller) Apparently some genuine ergos have been sent with dvd's so that isn't a good indicator.

Bumping this up again, it seems that ebay care more about their fees than about the safety of our children, there are several sellers with fakes listed now (or a couple of sellers with several user names). If anyone spots Ergo's on ebay for significantly less than the rrp of £90 or above depending on model, then please hit the report button.

I wonder if anyone is brave enough to go to the papers? As we're talking about the safety of babies I would think they'd be interested.

I didn't buy one or I'd do it

I dont know of the papers would be interested without a clear link on who the blame is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->