Beware of buying an Ergo from ebay

I would if it was sold as an original. People don't realise that they are purchasing a fake Ergo.

It's apparently not only happening over there, but here too. The US vendors on Ebay are also selling fakes.

I did find this guide on Ebay though. Might be worth checking out and passing on:

https://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-Spot-a-Counterfeit-Ergo-Baby-Carrier?ugid=10000000065082150

I've been looking into buying one because my Snugli just isn't Snugli anymore now that my daughter is 17lbs. I'm glad I found this before I bought one. They retail here for $115-$160 US, and people have "NIB Genuine/Original" for $85 or less!!!

One DEAD giveaway though...when the CONTACT SELLER option isn't available.

I'll definitely be asking for serial numbers and checking with Ergo before buying. Thanks for this thread!

I've looked at that guide, thank for the link. Unfortunately it is only telling you the blindly obvious fake details. The fake I had was scarily good. The wash and warning label was on the waistband, like originals and there was a logo on the zipper pull. I don't remember the other details of mine. I wouldn't buy from any ebay seller now, if i wanted an ergo I would only get one from an authorised retailer, the safety of carrying a baby/child isn't worth saving a few £ or $

Bumping this up as a few thread popping up about Egro's. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"