• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Beware of buying an Ergo from ebay

Davemof im pretty sure was one i reporteed a few days ago

Probably, because I was watching the chocolate brown carrier and I got a message saying the item(s) had been removed because of some reason ebay weren't at liberty to divulge!

I have just bought one from ebay, I will be inspecting thouroughly when it arrives, £20 under RRP, so I am guessing it is more than likely real. The description said it was used, so I'm guessing that's why. And it told me how to tell if it's fake! Hopefully that's a sign that it's real!

I have just received a message from Davemof and he says he has been in touch with Ergo and between them they have concluded that he was sold several fake carriers. He says they have advised him to recall the carriers he has sold.

Having not used ebay before I don't know how the refunds policy works. Do I need to wait for him to refund me before I return the carrier or should I return it and hope he then refunds me? Or should I keep hold of the carrier for now? Thanks!

Its an awkward one with refunds as Ebay requires you to send the item back first.
I have done with mine as my seller seems to have been sold a batch of them thinking they were real aswell.

You have to return the item before the seller will issue you with a refund.

Sent mine back Monday and just got refund through today... but he didn't refund my return postage. but small price to pay for a silly mistake on my part!

Off to drool over new genuine carriers! x

Ahh, I had no idea wht you were supposed to do, now I know lol!

Just to let you know - my seller has refunded me in full. I asked him to do this before I sent the carrier back and he had the decency to do so. I will send the carrier back tomorrow by special delivery. He too has said that he has been sold a batch of fakes and that he didn't know they were fakes.

Good luck everyone with getting your refunds and buying genuine Ergo carriers next time.

glad you got your money back Ozbel and my pictures have raised awareness to at least one more person :D

Hi folks,

I'm now a little worried.... I bought mine on ebay about a month ago, paid around £70 I think but can't tell from the pics and inspecting mine of it's real! Where is the serial number meant to be??

Oh, hubby just looked on ebay and we got it from lovenewborn....... am guessing I've been duped??

Oh, hubby just looked on ebay and we got it from lovenewborn....... am guessing I've been duped??

Hi there :hugs: Ebay states that you have 45 days from date of purchase to dispute them. I'd contact the seller straight away, then go to Ebay's resolution centre and start proceedings. Sorry this has happened to you too, it seems there's a small bunch of us who've been duped. Hopefully if loads of us complain, ebay should sit up and take notice!

Good luck getting a refund honey :hugs:
Joanne x

Hi there :hugs: Ebay states that you have 45 days from date of purchase to dispute them. I'd contact the seller straight away, then go to Ebay's resolution centre and start proceedings. Sorry this has happened to you too, it seems there's a small bunch of us who've been duped. Hopefully if loads of us complain, ebay should sit up and take notice!

Joanne x

Thanks hun! Hubby has just looked and we bought it on 6th March so are within that time, have contacted the seller and we're off to the resolution centre now! am gutted! but am also so glad that I haven't taken Holly any further than the local park once in it, I dread to think....... xx

Joanne x

Thanks hun! Hubby has just looked and we bought it on 6th March so are within that time, have contacted the seller and we're off to the resolution centre now! am gutted! but am also so glad that I haven't taken Holly any further than the local park once in it, I dread to think....... xx

:hugs: sorry, lovenewborn was our seller too (there are a couple of us on here)... however, we have just received our refund back so good luck with everything. Take lots of pictures of it before sending it back so you have proof that it was counterfeit. Lovenewborn will be shocked!! but who knows whether they sold them knowingly or not...x

So, I went to the local newspaper to see what they though, if there was a story or not, apparently, as all of my correspondence seems to show that the seller had 'no idea' that the stock wasn't genuine, the paper would be reluctant to run a story as there is no proof that they were knowingly selling fakes!

Bumcheeks... we just have to go on what ebay say.

Joanne x

I bought mine in January and was way out of time to complain, but the seller did give me a refund

Joanne x

:hugs: sorry, lovenewborn was our seller too (there are a couple of us on here)... however, we have just received our refund back so good luck with everything. Take lots of pictures of it before sending it back so you have proof that it was counterfeit. Lovenewborn will be shocked!! but who knows whether they sold them knowingly or not...x

Ah damn, have sent it back already, didn't think to take pics..... the email we got back from them just said send it back blah blah blah, it didn't sound like s/he was shocked/surprised etc, I honestly believe that they know what they are doing. Luckily we hadn't left feedback as yet so once the refund is in our account I will leave negative feedback. I know their feedback is set to private but they have 100% positive so far which certainly helped to fool me!
I'm disgusted that people would do this, putting babies lives in danger!

Joanne x

Ah damn, have sent it back already, didn't think to take pics..... the email we got back from them just said send it back blah blah blah, it didn't sound like s/he was shocked/surprised etc, I honestly believe that they know what they are doing. Luckily we hadn't left feedback as yet so once the refund is in our account I will leave negative feedback. I know their feedback is set to private but they have 100% positive so far which certainly helped to fool me!

I left them positive feedback :( I did it as soon as I got it (quickly) and before I had tried it out or looked at it properly.... they want to cancel the transaction now on ebay (assuming to get fees back....) but I want my return postage so I'm putting off responding for a while...

Joanne x

I left them positive feedback :( I did it as soon as I got it (quickly) and before I had tried it out or looked at it properly.... they want to cancel the transaction now on ebay (assuming to get fees back....) but I want my return postage so I'm putting off responding for a while...

Its just awful isn't it! DH just told me that because they are refunding we can't leave negative feedback. Its crazy! My mum reckons that we should inform the police, but DH works for the police and said because they are refunding there would be no case and it is more a trading standards thing. Its mad how someone who is ripping off people seems to have all these rights and protection.....

yes, and how ebay doesn't care!!!!!!! they want you to just sort it out between each other!!! I hate ebay!!! (but I still use it as still believe there are some genuine sellers out there) I dont remember the name, but someone here is compiling information to report to someone, is it you tiger? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->