BFN after 4th IUI, one miscarriage, what to do?

babybb83

Reaction score
I am 31 years old with unexplained infertility. I have a lot of cysts on both ovaries (30+ on each is what they tell me) but my 21 day progesterone showed that I do ovulate so I don't have PCOS according to my RE. Everything else in my work up was normal (AMH slightly elevated, testosterone slightly elevated but RE says not enough to be concerned). My husbands sperm analysis was normal.

We just had our 4th IUI and I just found out it was negative.

Our first IUI was with 50mg Clomid (18mm follicle, triggered on Day 17, IUI Day 18) BFN

Second IUI we increased to 100mg Clomid (15mm follicle and 20mm follicle, triggered on day 14, IUI day 15) BFP, betas doubled but had a miscarriage at 5 1/2 weeks, took a month off

Third IUI we stayed with 100mg Clomid (23 mm follicle, triggered day 13, IUI day 14) BFN

Then we switched to Femara 5mg and I had "no response" (besides the 30+ immature follicles on each ovary)

Fourth IUI went back to the 100mg Clomid (18mm follicle and 24mm follicle, triggered day 12, IUI day 13) BFN

My RE feels like since it's worked once it should again but I'm pretty frustrated today. He told me last month that he typically doesn't use injectables with his patients who have a response to Clomid or Femara. And he also said that Femara is typically stronger than Clomid so he is not sure why I didn't respond. Anybody have any advice or personal experience on this?

Hi Hun

Just a quicki you might be best posting this in the LTTTC section under Assisted Conception as the girls there will know a lot more about it. I've found them Great.

I have also been told with regard to iui's if clomid is making follies then no need for injectibles but i'm no expert :)

Good Luck !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->