BFN and the baby talk!!

anita123

Married, mummy to 4
Reaction score
Hey ladies,
well i took a pregnancy test last weekend and it was :bfn: however it was one that said to do it after missed period but i havent missed mine yet but just wanted to test to see as i had some of the symptoms ie: feeling constantly sick esp in the car and cramping everyday too!!
do you think i tested too early?
the other thing i was gonna ask is how did u bring up the "when shall we start trying" with OH? we talk quite a lot about having kids and i, in a roundabout way asked him when we'll start trying? and he said he'd rather not put a date on it and just let it happen which i'm quite happy to do. but then he turned round and said he wouldnt want it to happen for another couple of years!!!
thanks for any answers x

When is your period due? I would take another test when thats due.

I dont really know what to say about asking your OH. i literally came out with it one day - when can we have a baby? it took him a while to come round but once the idea was in his head he warmed to it and now he is ready. we only have 2 months left to wait :)

Good luck
xx

I would just tell him that this is something that's on your mind and ask him to talk it through properly with you. Maybe go for a long walk? Tell him when you want to ttc and why (you feel ready, your age, your job situation?) and see why he wants to wait. Most men take a little getting used to the idea. Think about what it would be like together. Where would baby sleep? Would you need to move? Who's bringing in the money and would it be enough for 3 of you to live off? Is there anything you want to acchieve beforehand (eg qualifications, getting married or traveling)? How would your lives change? Would you have to give up anything (eg time consuming or expensive hobbies, smoking...)?
I think the more you talk about it the more he'll be able to see himself as a dad and you guys as a family.

I would do another test in a few days or when your af is due.. Good luck!

I would always joke about and make comments about having kids and then we was watching some programme about babies and I said so when can we start then? Thinking iod get a "pfffft not yet" response instead I got whenever you like!! That was when we started discussing it properly :D

When is your period due? I would take another test when thats due.

I dont really know what to say about asking your OH. i literally came out with it one day - when can we have a baby? it took him a while to come round but once the idea was in his head he warmed to it and now he is ready. we only have 2 months left to wait :)

Good luck
xx

I'd agree with lovehearts here. I just came out with it one day after one of our close friends had her little girl. He did have a mini poop at the start but took it in his stride. He got his head around the idea remarkably quickly. Now the only reason we're waiting is because I'm going to start a degree in Sept.
I'd say to go for it. The worst he can do is say he's not ready yet, but at least you've made your feelings known and it makes it easier to bring it up again.
xx

lol my hubby was so scared whenever there was a 'chance' that i could be preg. he would get pale and sweaty haha we've been together a lil over 5 yrs, married little over 1...he wanted to do it 'the right way' so now he is ready and we are starting in october. he knows how badly i want children so it was just whenever he was ready was when we'd try. well he's ready but i want to wait now cause we got a cruise in october plus i want a summer baby :-D

I didn't even have to bring it up since my OH was the one who broached the subject, he was like "Hunny baby you know I love you I want a mini me" :rofl:

I was only 18 but OH has always wanted children so I told him I wanted jobs, cars, a house, to be married, all that regular stuff. I am 22 now and by September he would have managed all of them, so as promised I will fulfill my part of the bargain, although secretly I am really excited about the idea. :happydance:

Don't premeditate anything, just blurt it out and go with that! Also try a FRER a few days after your period is due, they are the best brand in my opinion for fast accurate responses.

Probably too early to test, wait until after AF is due and if she's a no show then get weeing!
And as for talking to OH about when to try, I can't offer much advice! I spoke to mine on Saturday night when we were both drunk LOL, bad I know! But we have decided on a rough date, and now he keeps talking babies to me :). He is so sweet, "when you're pregnant" this and "when you're pregnant" that.
Not condoning getting OH drunk .... but it worked for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->