• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BFP after 2 losses

quick update -- I got my HCG results and theyre 16,478!!! I am over the moon. I must be further than dr thought. I'm thinking im 6w1d too.

FABULOUS NEWS THAT'S AMAZING!!!

So you guys are basically at exact same stage and I'm about a week behind. Great :)

You must feel sooo happy!!!

Hi guys

Well I woke up this morning and BBs weren't as sore as usual. Started freaking out, as this was the telltale symptom of last MC. Started googling - and luckily Dr Google helped. I found lots of posts from B&B late 2013 of people complaining of suddenly losing symptoms, and I could see that they have now (being early 2014) uploaded photos of healthy scans.

I read that symptoms do increase with surges of hormones and settle as the body adjusts. I hope!

So I decided to do some hardcore distraction. I'm giving a 4-hour lecture (yikes!) in two weeks' time so I've been focusing on that. That's managed to pass 2 hours anyway! Now I'm back on B&B ;) If I keep distracting myself by doing work, this is going to be my most productive time ever!!

How are you all going?

Blimey - not often that dr Google relieves worries lol! However, I do agree. If there's one thing I have seen more than anything on PAL boards it's symptoms coming and going. Please try not to worry!!!

Rachael - how did your test go today?

Not much to report from me but I like that. I'm going with no news is good news! Just counting down days til scan days. 8 to go!

Julia I havent felt much either. hopefully we all will start feeling something very soon. earlier when I was out i did feel really sick. it might be because I was really hungry. I am really tired though. just want to feel more...

Lis my appt went well. the drink was really good. everyone gripes that it's nasty but I thought it tasted like Hawaiian punch. I will know results tmrw and will also know about early scan possibility.

so when do y'all go to the doctors again?

I'd like to jump on board. I'm on pregnancy #3. First was in July and ended early August with a Chemical. More recently I had a blighted ovum with a medically assisted MC at 7.5 weeks.
I'm currently 6+1. Feeling different symptoms this time around. This is the first time I'm nauseous with barely an appetite. And my morning sickness is actually in the morning. I wake up and by the time I'm getting out of the shower I'm sick to my stomach. That said I haven't puked yet, but eating something bland DOES work. I've been having a plain bagel on my way to work at that helps big time. The only other thing that appeals to me is Ovaltine, lol.

welcome Jillie!!! so glad to hear youre having MS!! so sorry for your losses. your story is very similar to mine. have you had a dr appt yet?

Welcome Jillie - so sorry for your losses, but this one sounds REALLY promising! I'm jealous of your sickness ;) you are at almost the same date exactly as the other two on this thread (Rachael and Lis). I'm a week behind - maybe that's why I've got no symptoms yet - I hope!! When did your sickness kick in?

Rach - excuse my ignorance, what's the drinking test you did for?

I haven't even been to the doctor's yet! I'm on holiday away from the UK at present so will go to the GP when I get back to London. My GP is so useless so I know there's nothing he'd really do, except for the one thing I want - referral for an early scan. I want a scan at 6.5 weeks, which would be in around 10 days' time.

I had my second MC at 6 weeks (natural), so if I get passed 6 weeks, i'll be happy! THat's my next milestone.

Any other milestones you guys have?

Julia the drink was a glucose test to see if I have diabetes. I think the dr did it so early bcz I have family history with it. I know youll get to your next milestone!!! I cant wait for all of us to be able to book a scan and see how our peanuts are doing! !!!

my milestone would be the scan. I hope it's positive news

Just called the Dr and they said my glucose came back good and my HCG is increasing. I'll have an ultrasound Thursday (23rd) at 915am!!!! YAYYY!!!!

Also had my first good spell of MS this morning. I was preparing dinner in the crockpot and felt really sickly. I ran to the bathroom and nothing happened. I just started breaking a sweat. I got back up and started to do dishes. Then i started feeling real bad again and ran to the bathroom and dry heaved once. YAY to MS!! Makes me feel more relaxed that things are gonna be okay!!

Yeay for morning sickness Jillie and Rachael!!!! Still no sign of it for me! We're such strange creatures to want to feel sick!

What's everyone up to for the weekend? I have absolutely nothing planned and looking forward to it!! I'm putting off invites from friends as don't want people to know. I'd told everyone at twelve weeks for my first and it was horrible to have to un-tell them. I think I'll hold off for as long as possible (still touching wood that I get that far!). I might tell my parents and a couple of v close friends after my scan next week. If it all goes wrong again I'd tell them anyway so they may as we'll know! When are you guys planning to spill the beans?

I told my parents and sister. a couple close friends. that's it. I plan telling everyone else at the wedding. ill be 15 weeks. oh and some girls from work know.

nothing but work for me this weekend. im off Thursdays and Fridays. . yuck.

Still no sickness here either yet :( !!

I'm going to the beach today and tomorrow. Its so beautifully warm here - bright blue skies... Heavenly!

Well I ended up telling my direct fam and closest friends. Only because I love my wine and everyone was immediately suspicious when I wanted soda water with dinner!

My husband also pointed out that fam and friends are here for good AND bad times so they can support us either way.

Jillie who have you told?

aw your husband sounds like a gem! <3 it's very true. I wish it was warm and beautiful here. its like 10 degrees and snowing.

I think I get nausea when I dont eat for awhile. I start to feel real off. no other sickness today.

With my last two pregnancies, I told close friends and families almost immediately. This time I've only told my 3 closest friends (they figured it out after seeing me not drink wine or coffee a few times in a row), and the other teachers in my classroom. My sister also figured it out. We haven't told my in laws or my parents. I don't want to get their hopes up again. But after my scan, which I am WILLING to be a good news scan on Wednesday, we have a cute way of telling my in laws. My parents live 3 hours away so I will have to think of a cute way to tell them too.

I want to add something about MS. Even though we have all heard that it's an indicator that your pregnancy is going well, my sister told me last night that she didn't have any nausea with 2 of her 3 children.

Thanks Jillie - that makes me feel better! I've had some backache and a few short sharp pains in there today but they didn't last long so hoping they were stretching pains! I'm dying to know how you're going to tell your in-laws!!!
If my scan goes well next week I think I'll tell my parents the following weekend as I'm up north staying with them for the weekend whilst I have a "non-hen-do" for an old school friend.
No idea when we'd tell the in-laws. My dh is Canadian and his parents live in the east coast of Canada so we can't just pop over and tell them. They know about our first loss but still don't know about the second.

Next week seems to be scan week for 3 of us. Wednesday (Jillie), Thursday (Rachael and Friday for me. Let's hope it's triple good news.

Julia - hope you had a fab time at the beach. Have you booked in a scan yet?

Hi Lis
I havent been able to book in a scan as I'm in S Africa and my GP is in London. But there is a drop in unit at St George's you can go and get a scan at. I'll go there on Sat morning! So we will be getting good news on this thread on Weds, Thurs, Fri and Sat - how wonderful!!!

woohoo im so excited for all of us!!!!!!

no sickness today. just fatigue. always hungry too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->