• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BFP after 2 losses

babydust818

2DS & TTC #3
Reaction score
Hey girls! :wave: I finally got a BFP Jan 7th. I wasn't expecting it this month because we didn't DTD very much. My first symptom has been very dizzy from sitting to standing. I get extremely light headed for 5 seconds. I was a week late and decided to test and got the strongest line i've ever gotten! I had a MC at 5 weeks in August 2011. OH and i tried very hard after that to TTC and ended up pregnant 2 years later in August 2013. I got my bloods done and they decreased, then increased and then decreased again. Come to find out i had a BO. I knew something was wrong because i was spotting every day of the pregnancy.

Anyways! Here i am with pregnancy #3. I hope this is it for me. I recently lost 105 lbs and i'm sure that has a lot to do with conceiving so quickly from MC 2 than MC1 to 2. Like i said, i never had that strong of a BFP which makes me feel great! I worked out yesterday because i want to maintain myself and not just throw in the towel and become really unhealthy and lose this baby. I worked out again today and afterwards i went pee and saw orange/yellow on the toilet paper. Later on i went pee again and there was a tiny bit of light pink. It was very faint. I of course freaked out and almost had a crying session. Since then i've saw nothing. Does eveything sound okay? I can't help but be on the edge of my seat with everything that has happened in the past.

I have a dr appt on Tuesday. I hate to wait that long. I don't think i've ever had my progesterone tested which is making me feel uneasy right now. I hope that won't be a problem with me. I have a million thoughts running through my brain. *sigh*

I'm in the same boat, darl <3
Best of luck to you, I know exactly what you mean about being anxious to go to the doctors. It's always best to just not stress (as easy as it is to say, I know it's almost impossible to do!)
With the spotting, a lot of doctors will tell you it's normal but they always say to give them a call or go in to see them, just to make sure <3
Best wishes for a happy, healthy 9 months xox
Always here, if you feel the need to message someone <3

Congrats! Working out is normally fine during a pregnancy, but if you had spotting right afterwards, you might want to consider stopping or doing an easier routine, at least until you can see the doctor. I had spotting at 17 weeks (and became absolutely hysterical), but everything turned out to be completely fine. The doctor did ask me if I had exercised or had sex before the bleeding (no to both, in my case) and suggested that I take it easy for a day or two.

Thank you girls! I haven't had anymore since then. Hopefully i don't see anymore either. I pray this is my rainbow. I'm more attached now than i have been. So it would be real hard if something were to happen.

Hi ladies - mind if I join you? I've had two losses and on 28th December I got another bfp. I think I'm currently 5w4d so almost identical to you baby dust. No spotting so far but still a lot of fear.

I had an ectopic in April so now get scanned early. I had it yesterday and much to my relief this one is in the right place (first hurdle jumped!). The nurses and two consultants were really sweet. I've been to my EPU many times over the last year (including a 5 day stay in the gynae ward next to it recovering from my op) and most of them know me well enough to stop and say hello. When I came out of the scan they were all huddled in the store cupboard next door waiting to hear the news lol!

Anyway, I'd love to have you ladies to (fingers and toes crossed) share the next 9 months with. Even typing that feels odd. I have moments thinking this one will be the one - why not - people have babies everyday so it's not impossible! But most of the time I'm trying hard to not panic, trying to take each day as it comes though I'd just love to know if this one will work or not so I could enjoy being pregnant or know not to get excited.

My most recent loss was twins. One heart beat had stopped at 7w2d and the other had stopped when we got scanned at 7w4d. I've got my next scan at 7w3d and terrified already!

Have you ladies got early scans booked?

I really hope it's third time lucky for all of us!!! X

Btw - baby dust - huge congratulations on your weight loss. You must have a lot of will power. New you, new year, new luck!

hilso - i am soo excited to have you to chat with during our journey!!! Thanks for sharing your story. I'm so sorry for your losses. :angel: I know how hard it is and i absolutely understand where you're coming from as far as being scared. I'm just like you..... i'm happy one minute, then scared the next. It's so hard to start letting it become real because you're so afraid it will be taken away. I will pray so hard for us every night before bed. I need all the prayers i can get! I have such a good feeling. I went to change my status from LTTTC#1 to... Pregnant w/my rainbow. FELT SO WEIRD!! In a good way of course. I finally told my mom tonight. I was kind of skeptical to because i don't want to jinx anything.

I'm getting married March 21!! I'll be a little over 15 weeks and i plan on announcing it at the wedding!!! How exciting. I'm so happy. I just hope plans for me don't turn. I have an appt booked for Tuesday. Not sure if he will do a scan or not. I kind of doubt it. I never made it past the 1st appt with the last 2 pregnancies. I've never had a sono. I would LOVE for him to let me see within the next week or two!!

Thanks so much for the kind words about my weight loss. Was so hard, but i knew what i needed to do to become a mommy! I'm currently 210 lbs. Still on the plus side, but it sure beats 315! I feel SOOO much better. I pray this was the answer to all of this.

Okay,enough about me! lol. That is SOO awesome all the doctors/nurses surrounded you with your results. That shows they care and that is always wonderful to feel. Sounds like you've got great people looking out for you! Isn't it crazy how having a healthy pregnancy is soo easy for some? but once you start breaking down the science it's actually really hard to get pregnant. Very crazy!! I hope in a few months we can sit here and talk about our 2nd trimester. I'm so looking forward to sharing this journey with you!! :hugs:

You're getting married - congratulations!!!!! Such an exciting time. You're going to have such an amazing day - I wish I could do it all over again! Are you having a big ceremony or a more private do? I'd love to know the details. I love weddings - so much fun!

It would be wonderful if you were 15 weeks. I think you can have a glass of champagne after 11 weeks too!

I know what you mean about the crazy odds though. There just seems to be so many things that can go wrong. Having gone through losses I think we're even more conscious of what can go wrong! We just have to hang in and pray. So lovely that you have me on your prayers it means a lot.

Have you been having any symptoms yet? I was really thirsty and needing to pee a lot last week but the thirst seems to have subsided. No nausea or sore boobs yet. Though I didn't get any nausea with either of my other pregnancies so I'm not sure if I'm just lucky and manage to avoid ms or whether I never got it because the pregnancies weren't successful. Having said that my ectopic was surviving very well until the tube burst. The day we found out it was measuring perfectly on track and there was a strong heartbeat. It must have been a real fighter to survive in my tube for so long. I hope this bean has such a good fighting spirit!

Btw, I live in London in the uk and am 33. I use bnb on my phone so can't see people's info ( other than signatures) so would love to know where in the world you are! I've not braved updating my details yet ( like you I'm v scared of jinxing things!) but you did give me the courage to put in a positive pregnancy test in ff so I have green lines in my chart!

I'm getting married at this beautiful place. There's a ballroom and the chapel we're getting married in is basically connected to the ballroom. So it's nice for all the guests to not have to travel very far lol. I'm getting really excited! Best thing is, i won't be really showing yet. So it will make the news even more shocking to people! I'm extremely pumped. I chose the color canary (light yellow) as our theme color. I can't wait!!

As far as symptoms go... i've only been tired, dizzy from sitting to standing and i've had a lot of backache and cramps in my ovaries. I pray every time i go to the bathroom that things are okay. I also have had a thing for thirst. It's not a constant thing, but i'll find myself drinking more than normal. No sore boobs either. I'll get a pain every now and then through them, but nothing to speak of. In my last 2 pregnancies i never had nausea either. I talked to a few girls and they said theirs didn't start until 6-8 weeks. I just pray i feel something soon! I just feel like things aren't real until i start feeling something.

I've got a dr. appt Tuesday. I hope to hear some good news!! That is so crazy how your baby's heart was beating and growth was perfect for being in your tube. I'm so sorry you had to experience all of that. I try to remind myself that people have it worse than i do. I am very happy for you though, that you've gotten pregnant twice now after all of that happened. You're living proof and a role model to the ones whom are going through tubal loss. Not only that but conceiving TWINS after. I know it didn't turn out good, but still that's amazing.

I live in the USA. Indiana to be exact. I'm 25 years old. My name is Rachael :) What is your name? Woohoo to putting your pos HPT on FF! All i can do is pray for us! So have you had an appt already? I saw you said your next appt is 7w3d? Was just wondering how the first appt went if so?

Hi babydust and hilslo
May I join you? I got my BFP after a blighted ovum in 2012 and then a natural MC in August 2012.
I read through your entries above and really related...
It does feel different this time - I feel more connected to it - but then the worry kicks in...
I'm also 33 and live in London :) hence my name londongirl!
Would be SO nice to share this journey with people in the same position...
Xx

Welcome Londongirl!! How awesome that you and hilslo are both from London and 33! Sounds meant to be if you ask me :)

Congrats on your new pregnancy and so sorry for your losses. I hope you find this thread helpful :) Do you have any kids at all or is this #1? Any symptoms to speak of?

Hi Londongirl - fabulous to have you here! Definitely more the merrier for the moral support and cheering on for all the little milestones we will achieve together!

My real name is Lis (I had no idea what to call myself as my login so stole my hubbie's username that he uses online!)

Baby dust - I love the sound of your wedding. Your photos will look great with sunny yellow! Are you having bridesmaids?

Good luck for your appointment tomorrow. I hope you are allowed a sneaky glimpse of your Appleseed!
I had my first appt on Friday. I get scanned to rule out ectopic. I wasn't expecting to see anything other than a sac but the was a teeny tiny flicker of a heartbeat. Not really enough to measure but it has given me hope. Last time one twin's heart had already stopped and the other was 108. I had no idea it was really low until I looked it up on line. That doctor was rubbish. I think she might have been a locum as I've not seen her in subsequent visits!

I always like to have little milestones to achieve so I don't look forward too far. I'm currently trying to get to 6w6d as that's when I got some spotting with my last pregnancy and I think it was a warning of what was to come. Have you ladies got a next milestone in mind?

Ooh - I hope these beans are the ones for all of us!!!!!

hilslo - i think milestones is a great idea! I actually never really realized it, but i guess you could say i've set some up for myself. My first time i was PG i went to my 1st appt to confirm pregnancy. When i got there my tests were already negative. I was in shock and didn't understand. I'd never been PG before so i was REAL scared and thought miscarriages were so uncommon. Well after all that i realized they happen a hell of a lot more than i thought. More people opened up to me and told me they've experienced them as well. In August last year i had gotten PG again and my goal was to get past the 1st appt. I peed on the test and there was a line, but faint. Dr was concerned for how far i should be and how faint the test was. SO i came back like 3 times to do blood work to find out it was a BO. Soo having said all that... my goal this time is to get a positive on the PG test tmrw, and have my blood work come back with high levels of HCG. That is my first baby step in all this. I will be doing great if all that happens for me. It's a great idea!

Earlier today i had a lot of yellow/orange discharge coming out. I was nervous for a sec because the orange kind of reminded me of pink. It wasn't though. Its went away, but my pee is sooo yellow. I'm not dehydrated. I think it may be from the prenatals?

Any new symptoms for you girls?

Milestones are such a good idea. Lis I can't believe you saw a heart beat. That's huge!! Seeing a heart beat means a massive increased chance of a healthy pregnancy. Which hospital are you going through? I'm at Chelsea and Westminster. Oh and my name is Julia!

Babydust don't worry at all about the orange/yellow. Mine has gone the same cos of the prenatals. Your first goal/milestone to get good BFP and HCG levels tomorrow at doc's is a good idea! Report back ok!!

My first big milestone is to see a heartbeat on scan. I've never seen that. In my first, they saw at 9w it was a blighted ovum. The second passed naturally at 6 weeks. I'm not sure when to go for my first scan. When is the earliest that a heart beat should definitely be seen? 6 weeks?

I'm only 4w5d! So early lol!!

I'm going to feel sick with nerves when I have my first scan. I've never had a positive scan experience :(

I don't have any significant symptoms yet except boobs a little sore. How about you guys?

I'm at St Thomas' so far I've been treated well (apart from sonographer not noticing that my baby was in the wrong place at my 12w scan lol!)

baby dust - how did your appt go? I'm hoping no news is good news because your out celebrating reaching the first milestone!

My discharge is extremely warped at the mo as I'm taking progesterone pessaries as the consultant noticed my ling was thinner than normal during my last cycle. I'm praying that is what went wrong last time but I've no clue really.

I think you should be able to see a heartbeat at 6 weeks but it will have only just started so if you are out on your ovulation date you may really be less than 6 weeks and not see it yet. Did you guys temp or use opks? I did both but am still not perfectly sure when I ovulated!!

Still no additional symptoms. I'd love a bit of morning sickness to make me feel pregnant!

Julia - are you able to book in for an early scan given your previous losses it seems fair to get an early peek!

Hey Lis & Julia! :wave:

My appt today went..... good! I peed on a stick and the nurse came in to tell me i'm around 6 weeks and due date of Sept 12! my OH's bday is Sept 8th. How cool would that be?! Anywho, the dr came in and told me he knows about my history and wants to be real cautious about things. He did a pap smear and they took 7 viles of blood. I can call in the morning to ask what my level was today. I go back in Thursday morning and get to drink one of those orange sugar drinks and fast for 8 hours. They'll be taking blood again and hopefully they'll be doubling! After the appt i went to the bathroom and there was a tiny bit of spotting. I'm guessing from the pap smear? It's went away. Hope it stays that way.

No new symptoms really. Dr gave me prenatals and right after i took it i felt real nauseous. No tender breasts. Just feel a lot going on down in the uterus area. I have been very moody though.

OH and i didn't use OPKs. I haven't used them in over a year. We just kinda DTD with guesstimation. After trying so long i just got so sick of wasting my money on things that weren't getting me pregnant. I do use FF to chart BD days. I'm pretty sure i O'd Dec 18th or Dec 20th. Dr is going with the 20th.

Julia, i do believe 6 weeks is the standard time frame they give for first heartbeat. I hope you see that on your first scan! I hope i do too. Absolutely crazy how much can go right and how much can go wrong. So scary.

Lis, glad you're on progesterone. It definitely has to make you feel better about this pregnancy. Knowing you're using all precautions that you know of. :hugs:

Just wanted to pop by and say congrats to all the ladies with their new BFPs!! :happydance:

Don't worry about symptoms...mine didn't really kick in until after 6 weeks with all my viable pregnancies, but plenty of ladies avoid them altogether.

Also, for OP, my view is that if your pg isn't strong enough to handle some exercise, or sex, or moderate activity in general, then is that the sticky bean you want? Extra congrats for getting healthy and staying healthy!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, MonyMony!

Hi Lis and Rachael,
Hope all is well with you guys.

Rachael - wow 6 weeks - how cool! I'm so glad you're getting so closely monitored. Do let us know the results tomorrow! And good on you for keeping up your exercise. I think it's way better for pregnancy to be active than sedentary. And it makes you feel better and more energetic as well. And you'll be feeling great for your wedding too - just over 2 months hey!!

Lis - I'm taking progesterone as well- yes it's a kind of odd thing isn't it! but i'm hoping it does the trick as well. I also have no real symptoms (aside from some mild breast tenderness, but that comes and goes). I want symptoms as well!! How far exactly along are you?

I'm on holidays at the moment (in South Africa - my homeland!) and am so relaxed, hoping that does some good. However, I'm just relaxing and not doing much so each day is dragging and I can't believe I'm still only 4 weeks 6 days!

I get back to London in a week and will go to the doctor to get a scan around 6.5 weeks.

I'm finding it hard to be positive about this. I'm NOT being down in the dumps or stressed, but I feel pretty detached. Maybe that's a normal protective thing...

Look forward to hearing updates from you both!

xx

PS i also want the morning sickness to kick in so i know it's real!!

Urge - horrible day at work 13.5 hours and super stressful. I'd love to hand in my notice but now holding out for mat leave (fingers crossed).
Anyway. It is lovely to come home and log in to catch up with you guys! Rachael, I'm so thrilled your appt went well!!!! I hope tomorrow goes equally well! What a lovely bday present for your future dh!
The first weeks really drag by don't they? I hear 2nd trimester goes much quicker. I'm not quite sure my exact dates. I think I am 6w1d but that's where the sonographer measured me on Friday which would make me 6w6d today. I think she was a bit out (hardly surprising given the bean was tiny so hard to measure that a fraction of a mm makes all the difference!) so for now I'm sticking with 6w1d. 9 days until scan day for me eek! It's going to crawl by lol!

Julia - I'm v jealous you're in S Africa. We went on holiday to Cape Town in November and completely fell in love with the place. Whereabouts are you from in SA? And by the way, I think the detachment is pretty much guaranteed after 2 losses. Hopefully we'll start to feel better once we get past previous loss milestones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->