Bfp after two losses

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
Just had to share my news - only me and my partner know and he is still in shock so not up to much talking! Lol!

We will be keeping it between us two until the 12 week scan (if we make it that far) due to our history. I will need to come vent on here! Now to work out how to avoid alcohol for the next 8 weeks!

Clothes are already tight and my boobs have grown. Pretty sure I am 4 weeks yesterday but last month my period was early and light so could be 8 weeks, although my test was not super dark so I doubt it.

Anyone else due around 2nd May? Need buddies!

Hi huni :hi:. Im also due on May 2nd. Sorry to hear about your past m/c's, I also had two but when was successful in having my DD on the 3rd attempt ;). Hope 3rd time is lucky for you :hugs:. Are you going to have an early scan? Not sure if you're in the UK but I had one at 8 & 10w due to my past losses, I was also put under consultant care.

Xx

Did you get any extra support on your third?

I got lot of scans last pregnancy (I wasn't sure of dates a I was on pill, my first scan showed a tiny sac so they rescanned me after a week, turns out I was literally 4 weeks at the time! ) I then had weekly scans until they saw heartbeat, which then became fortnightly - that was when I miscarried) I will probably ask for one right away to be honest, I am petrified!

When did you find out?

Wow, they scanned you a lot! Think I had 8/10/12/20/34 week scans. Hopefully the docs/midwifes will be supportive of you again, you seemed to be well looked after before :).

I found out last Tuesday (3.3w). My IC was quite dark though for that so will wait till 12w scan for accurate date's.

Xx

It was actually the early pregnancy unit who arranged everything! They were brilliant with me, so I might contact them in the morning to see if I can have a reassurance scan in a few weeks, luckily I bought some extra test so I am going to monitor for progression. Feel terrible as I had quite a bit to drink last night - Woops!

Do you have any symptoms yet?

Yeh give them a ring, cant hurt that ask ;). Just explain your understandably apprehensive about this bfp and if a scan could be done like last time.

Not really many symptoms really :shrug:. Bloated/gassy and on/off nausea is basically it. I was sick as a dog with DD up to 17 weeks so pray its different this time. How bout you?

Ive just done another FRER as my last one was a week ago and I got a lovely line :D

Xx

i would love to join your group! i am currently 4w4d.. due April 30. this is my second pregnancy.. we lost our first baby in february. i am also having lots of symptoms. i get instantly full when i eat a meal.. some minor cramping/bloating.. can't lay on my stomach at night - it hurts!.. and TONS of watery CM. honestly i keep thinking i peed myself/got my period and run to the bathroom. oh joy! haha. today i am having a really upset stomach/diarrhea/nausea. but i'll take it all! i didn't have hardly any symptoms last time around. i see my dr today so will get all my paperwork and will be looking forward to my 8 week ultrasound!

bump buddies!!

Congrats on the new BFP's, and so sorry for your losses. Just wanted to stop in and say HI!

Our BFP was a total surprise, we were told our chances of conceiving without medications was about 1-3% at the highest, and we did 6 rounds of clomid, 2 IUI's with trigger injections and all failed. We took a break to recoup financially as we had to pay out of pocket for all of it, and got a huge shock a few weeks ago with a BFP! We weren't "trying". I felt like I ovulated, which I am lucky to do on my own once a year, so we gave it a go but with absolutely no expectations. Still in shock over here and hoping for a scan tomorrow at my first prenatal appt, but I'm in the US and it all depends on your doc here, so I'm going to beg!

For those of you who are due in April, if you want to join the discussion April Bunnies, click on the image in my signature and come on over! The more the merrier!

Welcome everyone!

I am panicking as I don't think my tests are dark enough and I swear they are getting lighter. They are also not showing up straight away, whereas the first one did :(

I phoned the maternity ward and they have asked me to call the early pregnancy unit in the morning, but since doing the second test today I feel deflated. Can't face this happening again :(

Oh no no no.... have you got any pics for me to view? Not your eyes making it look worse than it actually is? I really hope im right and you dont have to go through another loss :cry:. Do another test tomorrow with fmu, then call up epu. Not sure what they will do for you bar bloods but guess its worth a chat :hugs: xxx

I don't have pics as my boyfriend binned them (yes, really lol) but there is still a definite line. Been reading online that the cheap tests ain't good for progression, but Deffo going to phone the epu in the morning.

Yeh cheap tests have a bad rep with progression, I use FRER when I want to see if its got darker than that previous tests, there just costly which is a neusanse. Hope they can give you some answers tomorrow and its just you being cautious, if tests are still positive then thats one hurdle jumped! Im at work tomorrow till 6pm but will check on here to see how things are. All the best :hugs: xxx

https://i57.tinypic.com/33a6tcm.jpg

Finally got a decent progression and a slightly better line.

Top line is this morning fmu, one below is last night (the one I was freaking out about) but I still don't feel they are that dark :/

Just called the epas, the woman wasn't helpful :( I have to "call back next week if I am still pregnant to arrange a scan at 7 weeks" - apparently measuring hcg is pointless? I understand that there is non point in scanning until 7 weeks, but in worried I won't make it that far and will never have anything to prove this pregnancy existed!

Oh god, you got a stroppy woman then :(. It really is blind luck for who picks up the phone. However that IC from today looks fab! Massive difference from last night. Dont go getting all worried, they wont do bugger all to help you anyway :grr:.

Maybe just do IC's every 48h to check the lines :) xxx

I think the line from this morning looks wonderful, the IC's aren't always consistent and everybody is different! My FMU is always lighter than later in the day with dilute urine, which really freaked me out before but doesn't bother me anymore.

I know with your history you are worried but try not to stress about the lines on those tests. Measuring HCG is not at all pointless, but just one isn't very helpful, only serial ones really help much and after getting a few of them it doesn't do you much good to keep checking.

hey loeylo. i think your tests look great. i also didn't have a fantastic progression on my cheapies.. they can be unreliable. but also remember that some women have a slower doubling time for HCG than others.. your body is doing what it knows. maybe you should stop testing? (but i know it is so satisfying to take a test and wait to see that line pop up.. it never gets old!!) do your best to sit back and allow your body to grow your little bean. i've been having a rough few days..i've had all kinds of random cramping and i could swear that i'll be about to miscarry. but i haven't. our bodies know what to do.. i will be praying that you can find some relaxation in the next few days and that you can enjoy these early days.

i had my dr appointment yesterday. my first ultrasound is booked for sept 18. that will make me exactly 8 weeks. she told me i could go a week earlier but i preferred to wait so i would have a better chance of seeing a strong heartbeat. i am looking forward to it SO much!! last night before bed i thought i was having really bad cramping.. .but then it spread into my hips and down my legs a bit. i think it just the ligaments already starting to loosen so they kind of all spasmed. it was scary for a bit (when i thought it was cramps) but i am feeling better today.

I am going to try and not test for a while, I have ran out of tests anyway so I will hopefully be able to hold off until the weekend, by then tere Hoyle be a fantastic progression, and I really will panic if there isn't!

I had a really clear 8 week scan last time, but sadly it wasn't good news. I managed to see the heartbeat at 6 weeks though! I am going to phone on Monday and arrange my scan for 7 weeks, I don't know how I will survive without regular scans though. It is so scary!

I have cramps down my legs too! It almost feels like pins and needles. I have had a few mild abdomen cramps too, but that is probably because I have only pooped once since last week lol!

Do you have any other symptoms? I have developed massive veiny boobs already! I have had heartburn and nosebleeds, and constipation too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->