Bfp after two losses

good idea to not test!! i'm so sorry to hear of your bad scan at 8 weeks. with my first my spotting started at 5.5.. i saw a heartbeat on an ultrasound at 6 weeks and then officially miscarried at 7. i am practically counting down the days to my scan and am praying that it is good news.

the dull achy cramping/backpain/hip pain is continuing for me today. i have also had several sharp pains in my cervix over the last week. i constantly am running to the bathroom because i will get a wet feeling down there and an unmistakable feeling of liquid coming out. i keep thinking i am getting my period. but my underwear is soaked with clear fluid! it is so annoying! my boobs are killing me, especially at night. i almost think it's time to start sleeping in my sports bra! i'm having crazy mood swings, some minor nausea in the morning as well as diarrhea in the morning. i also have a fullness in my uterus. it is uncomfortable for me to lay on my stomach already (how is that possible?) and when i lay on my right side my lower abdomen feels really heavy. wow that's a lot of symptoms, haha.

what symptoms are you having?

Yeh, prob best to hold off on the tests - just found for now. If you buy anymore than you will no doubt be tempted to use them. Ive had/got pretty mild symptoms. Some intermittent boob tenderness, exhaustion, mood swings and cramping. I also has that leg pins/needles/cramp today at work, only on my left leg above the knee but not as high as my hip - wierd :shrug:.

I would love an early scan, but you do have reasons to have one. Were nearly half way through this week already, will soon be 7 weeks ;) xx

good symptoms Inoue!

Yes we are almost halfway! cant wait until thursday to be 5 weeks!

Could I join? I just got my BFP yesterday at 8dpo, so I'm 3w2d right now. I had a CP that ended August 3rd at 4w3d, so this one was kind of a surprise! I also had a CP that ended at 5w3d a couple years ago before my daughter.

I'm so scared I'm going to lose this one too! I'm fairly certain my dates are good due to OPKs, but I mit fib a bit to see if they'll give me an earlier ultrasound. There's a tiny part of me that worries this is just from the CP even though I had BFN HPTs in between...

good symptoms Inoue!

Yes we are almost halfway! cant wait until thursday to be 5 weeks!

Yeh im happy with the symptoms. No sickness would be great! :haha:. Im planning not to tell work till after 12w so need minor symptoms. Thursday will soon be here! Im counting my next week on Saturday, then ill also be 5 weeks :D

Welcome kategirl! :hi:. Congratulations on the bfp! Another little May arrival :happydance:. Sorry to hear about CP's, hope this one is a sticky bean xx

Welcome newbies!
Don't have a lot of time to reply individually but my symptoms are:
-massive, aching boobs which are covered in veins. Bought a new bra last week and i am toppling out of it! I am a b cup normally but probably verging on c already. I went from an a to a b last time as well! And I am super pale so the blue veins are more noticeable on me.
- nose bleeds
- stabby pains in groin which go right down to pins and needles in my toes.
- heartburn, which has now stopped actually.
- slightly more tired
- urge to eat healthy
- headaches
- lots of watery stuff down below!
- constipation which has now gone the other way :(

Congrats on the new BFP's, and so sorry for your losses. Just wanted to stop in and say HI!

Our BFP was a total surprise, we were told our chances of conceiving without medications was about 1-3% at the highest, and we did 6 rounds of clomid, 2 IUI's with trigger injections and all failed. We took a break to recoup financially as we had to pay out of pocket for all of it, and got a huge shock a few weeks ago with a BFP! We weren't "trying". I felt like I ovulated, which I am lucky to do on my own once a year, so we gave it a go but with absolutely no expectations. Still in shock over here and hoping for a scan tomorrow at my first prenatal appt, but I'm in the US and it all depends on your doc here, so I'm going to beg!

For those of you who are due in April, if you want to join the discussion April Bunnies, click on the image in my signature and come on over! The more the merrier!

Your story is amazing!! Congrats again! :baby:

So, I'm kind of freaking out today because the dr office's urine test came back BFN yesterday (though the nurse said that their test isn't sensitive at all and that I should just try again in a week and as long as I have positive hpts then I'm pregnant) and I also didn't get my main symptom of sleeplessness last night. I did take two more Wondfo strips this morning (and a strip and a digi last night) and they were BFP. Ugh, I don't even feel like I can really say I'm pregnant yet. I still feel so uncertain, like it's going to disappear at any moment.

oh kategirl.. that is so stressful. can you pick up a frer? you will feel so much better. the dr's office uses dollarstore tests.. you're right - they aren't sensitive AT ALL! I am always worried that their tests will come back BFN because of the low sensitivity. First Response should sponsor all the drs offices and make women all over the world feel WAY better that drs are actually using real tests!!!! whenever i go to my dr for a confirmation appointment i take all my BFP's for them incase they tell me something weird.. can we see pics of your tests? don't worry my dear.. <3

Here are my two digi's (taken super early yesterday morning and then yesterday evening immediately after I got home from taking the clinic's test) and then two Wondfo strips I took this morning (both dipped in FMU). I know that it does show I'm pregnant, but this is all very frustrating and scary. I'm still worried that this could actually be in some way linked to my CP and not a real pregnancy, but my DR won't see/talk to me until I get a positive test at the clinic (not on a hpt). :growlmad:

Attachments

• Regular 7.jpg
    Regular 7.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 6
wow.. digi's are SUPER un-sensitive.. so i have no clue how the dr's test would come up as negative. that's strange. i would almost think they had used a faulty test. is there any way you can convince them to let you go in again sooner than next week?

you ARE pregnant, love! i really don't think it's possible for this to be linked to your CP . those digi's are undeniable..

Ive heard no end of people say the docs test come up negative - they must be well crap! Its a pain they see you any sooner, esp as your home tests are blazing positive :grr: xx

Those tests look way too dark for residual hormones from a chemical! They are similar to mines - sorry what are your dates again? I am 4+4 today, but my test at 4+3 fmu was quite like those!

Also, I'm feeling so reassured that your two tests have slightly different colourings despite being dipped in same urine.

Is anyone doing anything differently to try reduce their risk of a further loss? I am self medicating 75mg of aspirin, taking Pregnacare plus folic acid, and omega 3. I know is it a risk to self medicate, but I have been so careful and followed everything to the letter first two times and I have miscarried anyway, but I am second doubting my decision. Do you ladies have any inputs?

Hmm.. I'm not sure about the self medicating.. But I would suggest an additional Vitamin D Supplement. I am on 1000 units/day (1 pill) with my prenatal vitamin (including folic acid). My dr said that having enough vitamin D is a huge part of making sure you don't miscarry. Those are the only things I am doing.. and I am not taking ANY other medications. I have a cold right now and am not taking a single thing for it. I know it is important to ensure you don't have a fever during pregnancy as it can potentially cause miscarriage.. so I am monitoring that. If i do start to get a fever I will immediately start taking tylenol. So I am just on my prental and my vitamin d. you need to do what you feel good about.. and if its doing exactly what you are doing then that is your choice!!

Oh I had never thought about vitamin d - I might go and see how easy those are to pick up! I am not taking any painkillers either, but the dose of aspirin is so low it will apparently not do any damage.

I think it is more about doing what feels right to you. I wanted to take aspirin last time and was advised not to as the midwives "didn't think I was going to miscarry again" and felt really guilty for not following my instinct. I think I will stop when I get into second trimester though. If I make it that far!

Look at us all sitting here worrying rather than celebrating the fact that, for now at least, we have little babies growing inside us :)

Then that's good you are taking the asprin! follow your instincts mama!

i know.. we are silly!! but - when you've had losses the way we have our minds automatically go to protection and not necessarily huge celebration!

you WILL make it to the second trimester. i'm really trying to be positive and tell my brain and my body positive things. it won't hurt in the long run!!

so how long have you and your man been together? and where do you live?? get to know you time!!

Exactly! We need pma! I am sure we will all get our rainbow babies this time!

I have been with my boyfriend for four years, we have a rescue dog who we got last year, we bought our first house together at the start of the year (it was a renovation project and it has been a massive stress!) we live in the central belt in Scotland. What about you other ladies?

that's so exciting!! what is your dog's name?? i am a serious dog nut!! i love them so much! and congrats on the house. how exciting.

hubby and i just had our 4th wedding anniversary. we have been together for almost 7 years.. and we are in Alberta, Canada! I would love to visit Scotland one day!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->