BFP, but not pregnant? What's going on?

None

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new & this is my 1st post. :) My cycles are irregular & I'm currently on CD40 [Longest one I've ever had!]. The start of my last was May 5th & I had unprotected sex June 3rd. I took a pregnancy test yesterday ['cause I'm not sure when to expect my next one] & it came back positive w/ a very faint line using First Response--The urine I used was 1st morning. Today the doctors blood/urine test came back negative & after my appt. I went & got another First Response which was negative this afternoon. STILL NO PERIOD, SO WHAT'S GOING ON? :/ Pregnant, or not? Is it too early?

You could be having a chemical pregnancy, or it could be too early. Was the line pink or gray? Evaps on FRERs are rare, but it's possible. If you still don't get your period by next week, maybe test again? Sorry I'm not much help. Hope you get an answer one way or another! :hugs:

The line was a very faint pink one & I was thinking chemical too. If a pregnancy showed positive on a FRER than wouldn't a blood test most def. pick it up? Thank-you *so* much for responding! ^_^

Ive had a positive with frer urine with levels of less than 10 so it could just be too early. Ive seen bloods come back neg and then the next day or two its positive and hpts picked it up first as well. But if u take another frer tomorrow and there's still not a darker line, It could have been an evap or chemical. Ive had some pretty convincing evaps with frer. Pink and all. My fingers are crossed for you!

Ive had false positives in the past.

maybee you have had a chemical and your levels dropped before doc tested blood.

i have never had an evap on frer personally xx

Sorry about being in this limbo!
The FRERs are sensitive to like 7ish of hcg levels. I had a chem preg last cycle and it was faintly positive a few days, then got lighter. I had betas drawn which were too low and meaning it didn't stick, which makes sense why the frer got lighter. It was still positive when I got my beta of 7. I think that sensitive tests are great to give us hope and excitement, but when they are so sensitive, it can be heart breaking because it doesn't always mean anything good because the level needs to be much higher to mean the pregnancy is appropriately progressing.
good luck dear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"