BFP but scared!

JoeyTT01

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I had a MMC in Feb, we went for our 12 week scan only to find our baby had died at 7 weeks. We waited a cycle to start trying again....first one was unsuccesful but this weekend we got a BFP!

I am really pleased but feel really scared and apprehensive at the same time! Thought I would be more excited but I guess I don't want to get too carried away.

Should I be doing anything different than last time, like taking it more easy, or not BDing, exercising?

Should I wait a while before making an appointment with my doctor? After my miscarriage they said that the next time they would give me the option of an early scan, and to just let them know when I got pregnant.

My DH is really pleased and excited bless him!

Jo xx

congrats hun i can understand why your scared the same happened to us we went for 12 week scan and bubs died 6 weeks had to have medical management... we too got told we could have early scan but to them them know asap as there is waiting list for scan so i would contact your doc asap ... congrats again :hugs:

Congrats on the pregnancy! I know how you are feelling. I had a MMC in December, the baby died at 6 weeks. I am pregnant now (13+2). When i found out i was so scared (still am), but choose to wait until 9 weeks to have a scan as befroe i had a scan and saw the hb at 6 weeks so had believed all was ok.

But i had a private scan as did not want to go back to the EPU. I have also had my 12 week scan and still so nervous. I suppose after having a MC it is natural. All we can do it hope and pray all will be ok this time. At first it was on my mind all the time i just did not know how i would cope through worrying, but it has got better. Good luck.

Thanks for your replies!

Sue - Congratulations on getting to 13 weeks, must be such a relief! Did the Dr's advise you about intercourse before 12 weeks?

I think I'll wait until 8 weeks for a scan as that would take me past where we got to last time....I can understand not wanting to go back to the EPU! Too many bad memories!

Jo xx

Thanks for your replies!

Sue - Congratulations on getting to 13 weeks, must be such a relief! Did the Dr's advise you about intercourse before 12 weeks?

I think I'll wait until 8 weeks for a scan as that would take me past where we got to last time....I can understand not wanting to go back to the EPU! Too many bad memories!

Jo xx

The doctor did not say anything about sex bafore 12 weeks, but we did not until then anyway as i just wanted to wait until then. We have had sex just a couple of times since i got to 12 weeks as i am still a bit nervous!!

I read somewhere that if you see a heart beat after 8 weeks that is a really good sign and risk of mc goes down a bit, that is why i waited - think that is a good time to have one. As i knew after my experience was no point in getting a scan so early - after i saw the hb at 6 weeks and still mc'd afterward.

Congratz hun, I would take the opprotunity to have an early scan it might help ease your mind, If you get to stressed to that can cause problems. I had a mc in march and im scared to death that my next will be the same , But i try to look at the positives and it helps me to not stress so much . Hope this helps :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->