BFP by Oct 2015 TTC & BFP Group. (was the BFP by Oct 13 thread but the bubs are here)

Thanks for the feedback, I think Blake might be it. James will be the middle name (after my dad). Do you think initials BJ are bad?

AGGHHHHH!!! ANOTHER 2 WEEK WAIT! :dohh:

Hi ladies,

Sorry I've been away for what seems like ages! I was quite in a panick state for the last couple of weeks, thinking I'll have the baby any moment and there was all sorts of missing things! I'm almost finished with them now. So a little bit more relaxed!

cmc & tickle - Huge congrats to both of you!!! Your rainbows are just gorgeous!

lune - Not long now... And I totally get the anticipation!

MrsBP - Wasn't aware of your news! Congrats to you too...

Hope all the other rainbow mamas & babies are OK...

AFM - Had 38 week appt on Wednesday. Seems like we're on track. She is head down, though not dropped yet.

And about labour&birth, I said I'm ok to wait until 40 weeks, but later than that, I'll just go crazy!

So will be having our little girl in at most 2 weeks -hopefully! Will try with vaginal delivery at first. But won't insist if it takes too much time to dilate. Who knows, maybe I'll have such a quick labor...

What are your thoughts on induction or a c-section if she doesn't decide to come in 2 weeks?

I am open to stripping the membranes in 2 weeks to get things moving. Boy is still in same position as last week, head down, but sunny side up. Time for some spinning babies!

I had induction , labour and ended up with c section . Next time I'd choose planned c section if given the choice over induction any day . That's my opinion for what its worth :) nice to see you back x

Ece - glad u r ok hon, was starting to worry! Can't speak on induction as I had a planned c section, & then due to blood pressure come the end, they would not let me labour. Even with the few issues I had, blood loss etc....I would still choose c section again.

So Is everyone in this group now on fb ? I'm a bit confused lol ..... So who is next to
Meet their LO ??

Hi ladies,

39 week check-up yesterday. Head-down, heart-beat fine, all seems OK, but she's just not in the mood to make her appearance

So, we'll wait for labor to start until next Wednesday; and if she's still not coming, I'll have an elective c-section in the afternoon! I just read too many horror stories on induction and don't want to go that route

Once the date was settled, everything started to seem so surreal! I still can not believe I will be holding my rainbow in my arms in less than a week -hopefully!!!

And a question to those with their rainbows (or with previous child/ren): Are you ladies using a pump, even when breastfeeding? We also met with our future-pediatrician yesterday and he said he recommends getting one to everyone. I guess it's a good idea, considering DH can also experience feeding. But I'm afraid it would cause LO to refuse the real deal

I looked online at Philips Avent Natural bottles and everyone seems so content with them. How are your experiences?

And regarding Facebook.. As I already wrote to Susan, I have an account, but I only play Candy Crush with that :). I have no friends.. So hope you'll all be lingering here a little more...

Hi ece , I anit oing anywhere until all our rainbows arrive then I need to stick around to see how we are all getting on . Maybe even until we all go on the baby no 2 lol ......

How exciting :) I can't wait !!! I am so with you on your decision on the c section v induction . In respect of a pump I would definetly reccomended one . I use it almost every day and I am exclusively BF . OH loves to give LO a bottle so it allows him to still get breast milk but daddy to feed him . Also I think taking a bottle is essential as it allows you be away from baby if you need to be for whatever reason . I started to introduce one bottle a day ( early morning feed ) from 3 weeks . LO took to it just fine with no confusion until recently when he began refusing the bottle !! I think it was because he got snuffles and it was hard on him . I changed the bottle and he is now taking it happily again .

I used tommy tipped closer to nature bottles first and now have changed to mothercare own brand bottles with the side teath . They say not to introduce bottle too early , reccomended at least for the first 4 weeks until feeding is established but I didn't wait .

Its really hard for daddies when they can't be a part of the one thing baby needs in the first weeks food !!! And its a big part of being able to comfort them. Well it was hard for my oh and me watching him wanting to comfort him and having to hand him over to me for that . He just loves giving Sean his bottle and watching his contentment after he is finished .

Please check in as often as you can this week , ill be checking in daily to see how you are doing :)

So close ece!!

I have a pump, just a handheld one this time - I did have a medela pump in style (double electric) and was definitely worth the expense when I was exclusively pumping for twins. But I've found the manual to do the job. I pump my left side (backstory is it's inverted and hurts like a motherF'er to feed from even with a nipple shield).
Both my single babies have had a bottle of breastmilk from very early days but majority straight from the breast.
I know the say delay to avoid nipple confusion but personally I've never had a problem. They say it's usually because of the flow of a bottle being faster/easier, but I can assure you MY milk is faster than any bottle LOL. It's like a shower head while pumping so surely that's faster than one solitary pin prick hole right lol.
I think having the pump is handy, but if you have an easy breastfeeding experience you don't need it unless you maybe wanna pump a bottle for DH to feed baby (expressing by hand is no fun :haha:)

Hi everyone hope you're all well!!! Lune and ece it's not long now soooo exciting!!!!!

Let us know how you are getting on in here last few weeks?

Anything new with anyone else ?

Lw I totally get your point on OH wanting to comfort baby ! I'm expressing as it increases my ill supply and Scarlett's needs to put on weight and dh gives that one bottle a day! I use a double electric pump which is great as it takes ten mins to express

We are having a bad day again as this feeding is hurting me again I'm just beyond stressed now

Expressing is just not working for me !!!! Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong ! I've tried morning , evening middle of the night . Before and after feeds . The milk just won't come out no matter what I do !! And when it does its in a dribble ! I'd be 5 hours trying to get an oz ! Its sooooooo frustrating and is again making me question if LO IS getting enough when feeding !

Oh lune it's only days now till you see your wee rainbow !!!!!

My breastfeeding is back to killing me each feed is painful .... Swear there's no easy way to go this!!!! My hats off to you twin... You pumped for two babies!!!! You can only feed on one side yet you make it work!!!!

Lw I know I like to express and then I know what she's had but I literally give her 2-3oz expressed milk a day as that's all I can get as she's only breast for sooooo long each day! I feel like a new mummy again as I never got this far with breastfeeding with Ava

Ece how are you????

How many weeks is everyone else??? Any appointments or scans coming up?

LW - some ladies just won't get a let down to pumping stimulation. No idea why but they just don't :(
Have you tried pumping one side while he nurses on the other to try get a let down on the pump side? It's a bit of a juggling trick but might help.

Thank you cmc xx it's bloody hard, anyone who says BF is a breeze is either a liar or extremely lucky lol. It does get 'easier' but the beginning weeks/months really are the worst (you know what I mean). I know you said you had a midwife (or was it lactation consultant?) come out. Her latch was good hey, big mouthful? No tongue/lip tie? Have you tried different feeding positions like football hold (I personally found this one easier for a new born held up with lots of pillows. They always got a better mouthful. Probably my big saggy boobs :rofl:). Ummmmmm. Trying to think of reasons for sore feedings. Thrush? Vasospasms? Hormones (like ovulating/period) can make it sore sometimes. If you're unlucky/lucky enough to be cycling again lol.

Did everyone wait to buy there breast pumps or get them before? I have a few friends that couldn't breast feed and was thinking it's yet another expense if I'm not going to use it. Another question...nipple shields. Who uses them and why? Do u use them just if your nipple is getting sore? Do I need to buy some?

I got mine before but its a good point ! You prob won't need it for the first few weeks anyway . And there is NO reason why bf won't work for you ;) I was given nipple shields by a friend of mine but never used them so can't tell you if they were good or not ! One week to go lune how exciting :) hope your not feeling too uncomfortable xxxxx

Twin I have a midwife coming today

I was using football hold and also the tummy to mummy hold too .. Hope it's not thrush as I was on antibiotics so know I'm more prone!!! It seems to hurt the right side more than the left

Lady.... I borrowed a friends double electric pump think it cost her 120 quid but swear it would be worth every penny. I had low supply at the start and pumping got me going .., it also allows me to express a couple of times a day and dh can feed her to let me get a head start with sleep at night ....and give my nipples a rest

I think nipple shields can reduce your supply and affect latch so I never bought them or use them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->