BFP Chasers...........Feel free to join....

Now my next milestone is good betas! I am scared, but I have a really good feeling about this one!!

Plus nessaw getting bfp on july thread, its been a great month.

I didn't even join the July thread, I wasn't testing this month. LOL

I am getting betas done tomorrow.

Thanks for the welcome, ladies. :kiss:

I'm 41.5 and working on having my first. I'm single and using a sperm donor and maybe just maybe having my first IUI in August. Hopefully. I just love reading success stories from women over 35 who are making their baby dreams come true. It makes me believe that I can too.

Congratulations to all who have gotten their BFP. :happydance:

Thanks for the intro. Why did you make your decision to use a donor and go it alone? Is it by choice or circumstance? And I'm not trying to pry, I'm just curious. So if you want me to mind my own business feel free to say so! I think it's great. I know that had I not met my husband two years ago, I'd probably be right where you are but I'd start at age 40, not 41.5. Ha ha. I just turned 40.

Hi terripeachy,

You are not prying. I swear after all the tests I've been through and the number of medical professionals who have now seen me naked, I have no secrets. :haha:

I never found my prince and got tired of waiting for him to show up so that I could become a mom. So here I am meeting with an RE, having ultrasounds, an HSG test, and going through twice weekly acupuncture treatments. I'm going the IUI route because I don't have the money for IVF since my insurance doesn't cover it. Insurance only covers about 50% of most of my IUI treatment so a lot is coming directly from my pocket. :dohh:

So I see my RE for a 2nd time on 7/30 and then find out the rest of my test results. I already know that I have DOR (not a huge surprise but still sucks) but I need to get the results of my ultrasound. At this appointment, we'll come up with my treatment plan. That was probably more than you wanted to know but I tend to be long winded.:blush:

Also I think it's sweet that you met your husband at a more "seasoned" time in your life. I haven't given up on the search for my prince charming. He'll just have to take me and my future child as a packaged deal.

I think that is wonderful someday. I would have done the same thing. I didn't meet my hubby until 35 and a half. Married at 37, conceived at 38, my son was born 6 days after my 39th birthday and currently 6 weeks at 40.

Look forward to watching your journey xx

I'd like to join too please! I think I'm waiting to ovulate any day now. I'm having a Day 21 test next week to see if I have. And that'll be the last test we need for our referral.

Somedayisnow- good luck! My plan was to wait until 38 and make a decision about going for it alone if I was still single. I met my OH right before my 37th birthday though and he was on the same page about TTC ASAP.

Can I jump in? Congrats Taurus and Galvan. And good luck someday! You are an inspiration.

AFM, my story was completely different. My best friend and I made a pack with each other at the age of 12. If neither one of us met our husbands by the age of 35 (I remember thinking that was very very old) then we would get sperm donors. Well, I met my husband at the age of 26 and he was 23...lol. I had my kids at 31 and 34. Thought we were done, but I had nagging feelings at 40...he obliged and now at just turned 41, we are trying for number 3. My parents are going to fall over when I get pregnant...haha.

Thanks Fezzle xx

Hi 2plus......welcome

Thanks for joining ladies. We look forward to your journeys.

Betas were 81.18. :happydance: Now time to be nervous about MOnday's betas.

:hugs: ladies. Thanks for your prayers!!

Welcome someday and 2plus1.

Galvan - congrats on those numbers. Soooo happy for you.

Taurus - fx to you.

Had my IUI on Friday. My RE said to not hold out too much hope since my DH has low motility so I'll most likely be moving onto IVF next month. Everyone keeps telling me to ignore her and think positive but it's tough when she immediately says something like that right before performing the procedure. It's ok though. I'm just ready for a bfp so I'll try anything at this point. :)

Question for anyone going through iuis and IVFs. Have you told your family & friends? I haven't and am just curious about what everyone else does.

Galvan-great beta!!!!

Kfs1-My two bridesmaids know. They are my best friends and one actually did donor IVF so she's been through the whole process. My coworker who had the party yesterday for her baby knows because she is a new mom over 40. I told my sisters but we don't talk much and they don't know all the details. My boss doesn't get to work until almost lunchtime and all my scans are at 645 or 7am and I start work at 7, so he doesn't need to know. I will take sick days or vacation days when I need them and no one will be the wiser. I think most people do tell their boss, though.

Hi everyone,
Jumping in on the testing thread!

Taurus and Bookwrm and Galvin and other BFPers--I'm so happy for you! Fantastic news, and keep it coming!

Comfy and kfs--I'm sorry that you're having such tough issues--it's really not fair, you know? I'm sure you're looking at all the options--I read 'making babies' and it has a lot of advice on natural fertility for men.

Terri-so excited for your first round! And someday, yours must be coming up soon.

kfs-I started PIO shots for the first time a week ago--not so fun, but actually, they don't hurt going in. My wife is getting really good at it...lol!

AFM-I am 40 and I have DOR and high FSH, and my wife is 41 and doesn't want to ttc for her at this point. I had two lovely donated 5 day blastocysts transferred on Friday the 25th. They were sleeping frozen for 7 years. Quite wild, right? I felt fluish Friday and Saturday. Hoping it's a good sign.

It took me a couple days to catch up on all of the news on thread. Good luck all and let's keep the BFPs rolling in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->