BFP Chasers...........Feel free to join....

Temp plummet and BFNs at 12 DPO. AF is on her way.

Oh, TTC, I was so hopeful that you were getting a BFP. How is Bella?

Miki - I'm so excited for your move, but feel your pain with how much there is to do to get ready and make it happen! I hope gummy doesn't add too much more stress to the situation. He sounds adorable, as always! I am looking into infant swim lessons for M, but not sure if I can afford to join the YMCA just for that. We shall see. Also, I am so sorry to hear about your cold. As if you don't have enough going on this week!

Wish - I didn't realize you had one of the boys in PT for head/neck issues. M is starting next week for the same thing. She prefers to look to the right and has developed a small flat spot on that side and now her neck muscles on the left are stiff and she won't let anyone turn her head that way. It is so heartening to hear that PT worked for Timothy! It's also nice to hear that someone I know has been in the same boat. Some people think the flat spot means parents didn't pay attention enough to the baby, which I now know is totally not true. The stigma is still there, though :growlmad:.

Ask - I'm sure you're busy being a new mommy, but I hope you are well!

Hi to Terri, Spud, and anyone else lurking!

And now for the long-awaited update on M :haha: We had the tongue tie revision surgery on 9/5 and she did great. She didn't like being swaddled and screamed through the whole thing, but they were able to get everything done that needed to be done. She had a check up last Wednesday and everything is healing just fine. Yay! OT is going well - she is starting to do more of the things she needs to for her age, as she was a little behind. She starts PT next week for additional support. All these exercises are so much to keep track of! :wacko:

DW and M are both home sick today. M isn't really showing major symptoms other than sounding stuffier than usual, but she has been super fussy when awake and then sleeps like a log at weird times. DW is so miserable after a full day of that yesterday and then M woke up at like 1 am and was awake until just after 4 this morning. Thankfully, they were both sleeping when I left for work, so I hope DW can get some rest and feel better soon. I'm crossing my fingers that I don't catch it!!!:nope:

I almost forgot - M finally latched on and BFed without the nipple shield for the first time last week. :happydance: I had kind of given up hope, due to her age, but we are still making progress! Milk supply is still an issue, but I love being able to BF the little bit that I can.

Glad M is doing well and starting to breastfeed, Wicky.

Bella is great. I’m just exhausted this week because DH is out of town for a conference so I’m in charge of everything. I have mad respect for single parents!

I dunnooooo TTC! What's that rise today?? FX'ed!! I didn't see anything on the test but I'm not a good squinter-seer :)

miki - good luck on the move tomorrow! I hear you on not moving again, or at least for a long time. We are definitely in our forever home unless something drastic changes or until the time we get so old we need to live on a single level! :haha: I know you said you have room to grow - do you have room in the new house for 2 kids? I know you said you guys want to try again. Good luck! Gosh I hate moving, but I do love the newness and fun of situations like that!

wicky - what a wonderful update on M! I'm so glad the procedure went well AND you got to BF her w/o the shield!! That's amazing! Yep - T had torticollis, I think he probably preferred to look right in the womb too - it would make sense that every picture we tried to get of him, he was looking that way with his arm over his face. And puh-lease on the neglect thing. My PT and primary said it's much more common now b/c of 'Back is Best' for laying babies - they are NEVER on their stomachs for the first few months, they can't sit up and they have soft skulls. What do you suppose will happen? FLAT SPOT! They have little Tortle hats out there, pillows that go on either side of the head to straighten them out - lots of things that can help you. Timothy HATED the hat, so that was a waste of money. But when they are sleeping, make sure you rotate her head to the other side too. You have to stay on top of it b/c it's a slow change to remove the flat spot (T still has a little bit of one but I'm sure I'm one of the only ones that notices b/c I know it's there).

We have a CRAWLER!! Malcolm started crawling for real the other night!! He's SO adorable doing it with his little body - he looks like a mechanical baby doll or something. T is still figuring out how to get his front leg when sitting out of the way when he lunges forward to crawl - it gets stuck. So he often goes up on his feet, then he doesn't know how to bear crawl out of it. He'll be soon. Everyone says the smaller ones start first.
Personally, I hit the first promotion rank of my sales side job! I'm so excited! I'm building my team and this seems to actually be going somewhere...:shock: Maybe...just maybe...this CAN be a Plan B and I CAN maybe quit my job someday and work part-time doing this!! :happydance:

CD1. My temp always goes back up the day AF arrives. 🤷*♀️

Ask-were you able to stay up for that win last night??!!🎉🎉🎊🎊
It's too bad your QB got hurt but hopefully better days are ahead fire your team overall.

Good news from everyone so I'm happy to hear it.

Wish 2- congrats on the promotion. Things are going well for me too. It's a tough job but I'm making strides and feeling much better.

Funyun's nails are growing in nicely and I took his cone off for a few hours last night but he couldn't sleep because he's obsessed with licking his feet so I had to put it back on. My hubs is off work today so maybe he will supervise him for a bit.

Other than that same story different day. Enjoy your weekend!! 💜❤️

I'm so glad he's on the mend, T! Exciting plans for the weekend? Taking in any Ravens games this year?

We have CRAWLERS! Both started this week - Malcolm on Tues and Timothy put it together last night! They are so adorable! But hooooooo BOY we are in trouble! haha! Now is when we start to use the word 'No'! I just love how their little personalities are blooming - the belly laughs, giggles, facial expressions, babbling - all hysterical. <3

Wish - the boys sound adorable with all that crawling and sweetness! But I also totally get what you mean about it being a whole new ballgame once they are really mobile! We are so not ready for that, mentally or otherwise :haha:

Terri - it's so good to "see" you! Glad Fun is doing better!!!

It's been quiet this week. Just stopping in to say "hi!" I hope everyone is doing well and is just busy. M is growing well and adjusting to her new-found tongue freedom :haha: We have our first PT appointment tomorrow and will see what we need to do for her torticollis. Other than that, it's pretty much status quo for us.

M has started giggling and "talking" up a storm. She seems to enjoy being interactive and loves looking at books with grandma. We went to a consignment sale on Saturday and got her a "big girl" stoller (we just have the kind the infant car seat sits in) and she went on a ride around the neighborhood with my mom. She seemed to love being outside. We're still in newborn clothes but have added some 0-3 mo clothes here and there.
I can't believe she's already 5 months old! Here are some recent pictures.

019CC8C7F6F6000091600002-attachment-2-2018092395230737.jpg 069CC8B7C22600003A500002-attachment-2-2018092395230123.jpg 029D03E822F600006D300004-attachment-1-2018092495185355.jpg

OMG! (my first time posting these three letters online, I believe) M is a doll, Wicki! She's so cute and happy :cloud9:

Actually, I typed up a long post last night and just as I was about to hit "send", DH appeared with a cup of tea and I knocked it into my laptop. I think it's dead now. Sigh. It's been a tough few weeks...

Has this site suddenly changed? I get my laptop working again, and it's all strange looking... Yup, my laptop is ok now. I waited until today to open it all up to check if it was dry, and then I put it back together and turned it on. Weirdly, the post I was working on was still there when I opened the browser! So here's the post from Thursday:

Phew! Finally managed to take a tiny breather. It’s been madness with going back and forth between new and old places. We've been trying to clean the old apartment as well as we can, as the horrible manager took our former neighbors' entire deposit. Plus we've been unpacking and dealing with the stuff that comes up with moving into a new place. I was sick while we were packing, then DH got sick and hasn't been well for a while. Work's been crazy as equipment has been breaking all at once. Then daycare was closed because she sliced her finger sharpening a knife...

Anyway, I checked in and was glad to see all the wonderful updates!

Terri- Glad that you popped in to let us know that you and Funyun are doing well. I hope you can leave the cone off soon!

Wicki- Wonderful news about the breastfeeding success! It’s so difficult, and any amount of breast milk that you manage to give M is awesome. You’ve worked so hard at it for her sake, and that is what matters. Glad that M’s tongue tie surgery went well, even though the poor little one was upset. For swim classes, I signed gummy up for classes at a nearby pool, so I only pay for the set of (inexpensive) classes. Maybe you can look around you to find such an option?
The move has been very difficult, and having gummy around adds a new dimension. Packing and unpacking intermittently, as well as silently (in case we wake him up) is very tricky!

Wish- Congrats on your promotion! So exciting that you could possibly make this your plan B job in the future. I’m still trying to figure out if I can find a plan B job for myself too. It’s nice that you’re in your forever home. We hope this is ours too! There is ample room to grow if we finish the basement, or grow outwards. The plot of land is large for Berkeley in our price range.
Your boys sound super cute! Isn’t the crawling phase adorable? I did think gummy was like a mechanical doll too… too cute. And then they get better at it and act like adorable puppies. Gummy is standing and starting to cruise now, and it’s so cute to see his grinning and babbling round head popping over the top of the crib or playpen. He loves to cram his burp cloth (really just a cloth diaper) into his mouth and laugh at me.

Ask, how are you and little Beatrix doing? And Vonn, MsR… how are you and your little girls?

While we’re living amongst boxes and our lives are still in disarray, I’m really loving the feel of the house. It’s a 1920’s craftsman-style house, and it has a nice and charming feel to it. The garden is so incredible, but I haven’t had the time to tend to it yet. Gummy is enjoying his swim lessons and splish splashing around. However, he keeps trying to eat the kickboard. Guess he's still too young to know what it's for.

It's been quiet this week. Just stopping in to say "hi!" I hope everyone is doing well and is just busy. M is growing well and adjusting to her new-found tongue freedom :haha: We have our first PT appointment tomorrow and will see what we need to do for her torticollis. Other than that, it's pretty much status quo for us.

M has started giggling and "talking" up a storm. She seems to enjoy being interactive and loves looking at books with grandma. We went to a consignment sale on Saturday and got her a "big girl" stoller (we just have the kind the infant car seat sits in) and she went on a ride around the neighborhood with my mom. She seemed to love being outside. We're still in newborn clothes but have added some 0-3 mo clothes here and there.
I can't believe she's already 5 months old! Here are some recent pictures.

View attachment 1044061 View attachment 1044063 View attachment 1044065
That SMILE!!! <3

It seems that it's been very quiet here lately... how's everyone?

My boss had to take 6 weeks of medical leave all of a sudden and I am not only in charge of the lab and all that happens there (we have old equipment that breaks down at inopportune times), but I took on a bunch of his projects. It's been crazy trying to get up to speed... a little over 1 week in and I'm finally starting to be able to breathe.

Gummy has finally started to wave "Hi" and "Bye", and I can hear him trying to say the words as well. He never stops moving and it looks like he's going to be a handful when he gets even more mobile!

I can relate to a handful! At 20 months, Bella has decided to become mischievous with temper tantrums!

Bella sounds adorable and bright, I guess she's reaching the terrible twos early! I can't imagine what it must be like, gummy is already looking like he's throwing tantrums. He gets all huffy and growly, stiffening his legs and arms... looking like he's saying "Hmpf!" And when he's really angry, he cries and throws his body backwards. It's actually hilarious now, since he's just 10 months old, but I dread to think how this might progress as he gets older and bigger!

Hi girls! Good to see you popping on! Yeah, been busy over here.
Miki that does sound adorable...for now! I know exactly what you mean - sometimes the boys are so tired by dinner time that they'll randomly have a meltdown in the middle of me feeding them. It's so adorable and I just say 'ok - if you need a moment to work through this, go ahead' :haha:. I can't really yet tell who will be the tantrum-haver. I'm sure they'll both have their moments.
How's the new house!

ohhhh TTC, the terrible twos are upon you!! What is she doing to be mischievous?

The boys are doing really well!! crawling started 9/20, now they are pulling themselves up like pros, Malcolm has started cruising while Timothy is practicing standing on his own. Crazy times. I'm wondering who will be the first to walk!

Glad the site is back up! Hi ladies. Funyun finally got to take his cone off without licking his feet all day. His nails look a little wonky but I'm hoping with time they grow back strong and normal. It's my 5 year anniversary tomorrow which means it's been a little over 5 years that I've been on this site. Cray cray. Glad to see good updates from all. Missed you guys.

WOW, I just glanced at my join date and I've almost been here for 5 years too. That's insane! What a wild ride...
Happy anniversary!! Are you guys doing anything fun this weekend to celebrate? Going to any recently burned down restaurants??
So glad to hear that Fun is doing better! Did you explain what he did to his toes?? Did he mess them up at daycare or something? Poor guy.

What's everyone doing for the weekend? We actually don't have ANY plans, which is wonderful! We have plans the next 2 weekends so I'm going to savor it this weekend. Next weekend, I have a 40th bday celebration overnight in Boston on Friday and then we are going over to our friends' place for brunch/football/bday celebration on Sunday. Totally fun stuff but it'll be nice to have a little bit of nothing this weekend. :)

I’m in Nashville for the weekend. Brought Bella to her first Gator game here. Florida field is just too loud and obnoxious. So, we thought this would be a better environment for her to experience. It was nice. The rest of the trip has been just so-so.

In other news, I’m 9 DPO. BFNs this morning. Traditionally, I get late BFPs, but my chart is insane! So, I was hoping for a BFP today. Oh well. Guess we’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Funyun broke one nail when he tried chatting a bird and it was downhill after that. His other nails started sustain from the quick and the doctor thought he might have Lupus. She cut down all of his nails to the base and that's why he had to wear his cone for two months or more. He takes a vitamin e pull every day. One of his dewclaws has split again so we are going back to the vet on Halloween. I'm sure she'll do a blood draw this time.

We had a staycation in downtown Baltimore. We stayed at the sagamore pendry. It's now rated best hotel in the us I believe. The under armour owner bought the land and had the hotel built in fells point. It was fabulous. We had dinner at the restaurant and spend some time away. FT ( Funyun thomas) stayed home overnight and didn't make a mess at all. He probably thought he was abandoned so he didn't want to look bad for his new owners! Ha ha.

I won my fantasy week and I'm doing ok this year so far. I have a huge client meeting on Tuesday so I'm really excited and I'm teaching discipleship classes at church so staying busy. You know I can never rest. Love to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->